More Minigames/Distractions

User suggestions to improve the game

More Minigames/Distractions

Postby InfamousMitsuhide » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:23 am

okay okay, before you go on saying "But, Mits, this is an online CARD game, what else is there to do?" hear me out. I dunno about you but often times this games feels a little grindy, its the same thing over and over pressing the match button and dueling with mostly the same cards for long periods of time (especially when you're just starting out with just a few cards). Now you all might say hey, we got mirage master. But if you think about it, mirage master is played only once a day, and it is kind of a chore itself if you ask me. I know the developers might not have enough time or whatever, but adding a few other things to the game might help retain some playerbase. Not everyone is fond of repeated dueling after all.

Here are a few minigames/distractions I had in mind:
-competitive mirage master: where you can go head to head with someone in a matching game, there is no time limit.
-an actual story mode: maybe with little simple animations to go with it. I like the feeling of achieving something while against NPCs
-more NPCs: the npcs we have are kinda outdated and they dont use meta cards. Would be nice if more up to date NPCs were made.
-coop play: maybe you and a partner tag against NPCs or other pairs of players in tag duels
-puzzles: maybe simple ones like jigsaw puzzles of cards.
-unlockables: maybe if a player reaches a certain achievement they can be rewarded with exclusive cutscenes, concept art, or whatever.
-equippable achievements
-theme songs: when you duel, you can select what song your opponent hears.
-customize able menu screens- some can be unlocked from achievements.
- other non-card collectibles- lets face it, cards take a lot of resources to collect, at least make some non-card freebies more available like costumes and stuff.

I know people are going to hate or rage against my idea, the biggest reason being "we prefer the purity of card dueling grinds", but all I'm saying is perhaps this game needs a bit more substance. I want to LIKE playing this game, I shouldnt play this game to become the strongest card player or just because i already paid a ton of money for it. If you have any gripes against these ideas, post them below and we'll talk about it. IF you have other ideas for minigames or distractions, post them below too.
InfamousMitsuhide

Re: More Minigames/Distractions

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Actually most of these have already been suggested, with mostly postive reactions. The story mode in particular has already been mentioned by mysteryman as something that will likely be added in the future (if I remember correctly). As for other minigames worth considering, translated versions of the minigames alteil jp has would also be nice to add to the list :)
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Re: More Minigames/Distractions

Postby InfamousMitsuhide » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:33 pm

oh that's good news! Hopefully it'll pull though
InfamousMitsuhide

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau