Return gran penalty for quit games

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Return gran penalty for quit games

Postby BurnBabyBurn » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:26 am

fargone wrote:Would a better suggestion be to further reward a player for losing, but playing through anyway?

+1 vote for this approach.

Penalizing someone for quitting a match isn't a good solution, particularly when it appears that attracting and retaining players is a major concern around here. The more you beat up on players, the more you'll discourage them from playing at all.

I like the idea of some sort of "sliding scale" reward system, where the more "damage" you do to your opponent, the more XP and/or FM you qualify for. Forms of damage include:

-Number of opponent cards in the cemetery / removed from game
-Percentage of LP opponent lost
-Number of turns played (ie. you made it harder for your opponent to finish you off)

Actually winning the game would then award you a "bonus" on top of what you earned during the course of the duel (as per the above).

I think this works a numbers of ways:

1) It gives better rewards to those who go down fighting;
2) Could potentially limit the rewards given to players whose uber-powerful files stomp all over players that have just set foot out of Crest.

This would work best if the match-ups in Folrart paired up opponents that were as close as possible in RP (so hopefully the number of times players were thoroughly outmatched would be minimized). Not sure if this already happens though (and there just aren't that many players to go around).

On the same topic, why penalize the Iczer on the other side of the field when their opponent quits? I believe most of us play in good faith, so why disqualify us from reward (ie. Underdog wins, the 5 of 7 events, etc.) when our opponent takes a course of action that's beyond our control?
BurnBabyBurn

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:49 pm

We can't have this. I mean people have the right to quit early if they go against a really lame deck.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby VertuHonagan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:06 pm

I would finish games if they actually rewarded us for doing so and not penalizing us by giving us pretty much nothing for playing through the loss. When we can just quit early and take the experience, then try to get an even game.

Also if there was some kind of penalty like wait an hour after a surrender to play again. Then players like me would just get their free card and not log in again that day.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby BurnBabyBurn » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:38 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:We can't have this. I mean people have the right to quit early if they go against a really lame deck.

Nothing's stopping them from doing so. Arguably, they wouldn't be any worse off than they are now.
BurnBabyBurn

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:53 am

-1 gran is terrible

look this is a bad idea in an already bad environment
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Anima13 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:12 am

instead of this, introduce an achievement that reward you if you loose leat say 30 games but only if it is played to the end.

PS: ohh it was suggested already :D (blind me) ... ok then I approve it :D.
Anima13

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Anima13 wrote:instead of this, introduce an achievement that reward you if you loose leat say 30 games but only if it is played to the end.

PS: ohh it was suggested already :D (blind me) ... ok then I approve it :D.

This actually sounds very good.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Pikeru » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:53 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:We can't have this. I mean people have the right to quit early if they go against a really lame deck.

...and unless the reward for playing out at least the 10 turns is highly extravagant, players will continue to do so. You can make whatever benefits you want to try incentivising players to stick it out. They aren't going to if these types of decks continue to exist, unless the reward for losing outweighs winning. For these type of people, it's a matter of principal, no reward or penalty will do except for the overly extreme. My earlier suggestion of banning players for 1 hr. wasn't meant as a punishment or deterrence, but rather a way to stop other people from having to deal with the early quitter for that time period. Naturally, the best answer would be to just balance the format, but I doubt that'll happen.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Callonia » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:30 pm

*Brings an experimental file to do battle in folrart arena and searches for a match.*

*draws an silver star EN abuser.*

*Acknowledges my file won't last even 4 turn against over powered EN.*

*Gives up.*

*Searches for other match.*

*Draws another immune EX Mermaild soldier with whole falkow file being moar tanky than mah file while spamming returns.*

*Gives up.*

*Goes and plays world of tanks.*

*Haves fun even when loses a battle on world of tank because progression is made even when I lose.*

*Thinks world of tanks is really awesome and abusers in alteil can go take a long walk off a skyscraper.*

*Accidently plays more than 100 matches in a day because world of tanks is so fun.*

*Has just noticed that my number of battles played in world of tanks now surpasses my post count on alteil forums.*

*.*
Callonia

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau