Broken Buncles

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Broken Buncles

Postby tropireno » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:06 pm

If you're having trouble against Carbuncles, I imagine you'd have no less trouble with files like Guardian, Sea Serpents, and EX Lap.
Carbuncles are in many ways more vulnerable than those files, considering how weak they become once their vulnerable supports get taken out. Or once you manage to take out the 3rd copy of anything.

Also, you guys are really overrating Amethyst Eater by a ton. She's possibly the most useless member of the file. Against any competent file, you'll be stuck doing 10 dmg with that actionskill every turn. I personally knocked her down to a single copy in my build.
tropireno

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:40 pm

Muklas wrote:ITT: let's complain about something because we don't have anything else to talk about.

The locals get bored when they aren't flaming me.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:58 pm

tropireno wrote:If you're having trouble against Carbuncles, I imagine you'd have no less trouble with files like Guardian, Sea Serpents, and EX Lap.
Carbuncles are in many ways more vulnerable than those files, considering how weak they become once their vulnerable supports get taken out. Or once you manage to take out the 3rd copy of anything.

Also, you guys are really overrating Amethyst Eater by a ton. She's possibly the most useless member of the file. Against any competent file, you'll be stuck doing 10 dmg with that actionskill every turn. I personally knocked her down to a single copy in my build.

I guess it's more an issue of how available the deck is. Otherwise if people were really concerned about the OP they would start at the very top.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:26 pm

I think has to do with your incompetence to use her correctly than the competence of your opponent. Amethyst eater is ridiculously good. No, I don't have trouble with any of those files that you listed.
Icyman2

Postby CainHyde » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:46 am

Icyman2 wrote:Amethyst eater is ridiculously good. No, I don't have trouble with any of those files that you listed.

^This.
I also can beat those 3 files and also Buncle.
But Jade AT+AGI, Obsidian tankiness as LV 1 card, and Amethyst potential to annoy you ridiculously amazing if you can't take care of her fast.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Ropey » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:02 am

So what do players use to beat buncles? I use big purple.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby CainHyde » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:11 am

Lv 3 WK without Lame Fencer
Mid Refess Monster
Lv 4 Solar Kingdom
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Anima13 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:21 am

Ropey wrote:So what do players use to beat buncles? I use big purple.

This is a tricky question because most people run buncles with gowen/lawtia soul and mind set. The very fact that this is possible and people are getting wins with this already shows that something is not right.
The obvious question is what would happen if the player would run it with refess mind set, that actually support buncles the most effective.
Anima13

Postby tropireno » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:36 am

Icyman2 wrote:I think has to do with your incompetence to use her correctly than the competence of your opponent. Amethyst eater is ridiculously good. No, I don't have trouble with any of those files that you listed.

Don't see how you can say that when her damage output depends on the opponent and not the user. Yes, she is good, but overrated.
tropireno

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:24 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:Hm, but they would need to fix returns and other stuff too if they are going to nerf carbuncles. They aren't the top meta so if they get nerfed it would be fair for the superior meta to get nerfed to.

Peralisc9001 wrote:I guess it's more an issue of how available the deck is. Otherwise if people were really concerned about the OP they would start at the very top.

I actually watched one match of icyman when he was top RP a couple of days ago... He ran buncles (not sure if he got there with buncles though). I don't really care that much about buncles, and I do believe we should be cautious on not overnerfing them, but para please stop the hating on returns in every thread you post, it's getting annoying.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion