Set 12 War Heroes a Flop?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Set 12 War Heroes a Flop?

Postby Ropey » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:09 am

Since release I've not seen much from the latest set played. Strange because I saw some promising files especially from Falkow.
Did the testers over react because of the OPed stuff in pre nurf 11? Do they need to rethink certain cards?
Have players seen how average the cards are and decided not to buy?

I only play Ben Mac, a couple of the mercs and the three headed dragon. Not to much effect I might add.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: Set 12 War Heroes a Flop?

Postby asxlen64 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:57 am

you know its funny, around this time is when a2 started in jp and really didnt care about a1 so much, and the fact most of the cards are simular to their jp counterparts(EXCEPT YUNI YOU *******) i cant help but laugh
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby Ropey » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:10 am

It also pains me how Yuni is no more than a 4* card now, and the reason I stopped buying set 12. Mercs would still have had a rough time if she had kept her original stats.
I use her Ex counter part, much better.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Romdeau » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:28 am

You just can't win with some people I guess. It's either a set 11 or a set 1.
Romdeau

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:45 am

Romdeau wrote:You just can't win with some people I guess. It's either a set 11 or a set 1.

11 + 1 = 12
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Aoi » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:24 pm

I don't know I rather like set 12, The files I have been using recently have mostly been around those cards. Merc Nation, Dutchy, and Wizard Kingdom got some really useful cards from this set, the only sphere I haven't really tried yet from this set is refress. So far my favorite cards from it have been, Grand Duke's Shock Trooper, Herriat Knight, Flying Soldier of Regus. From each of those tribes respectively.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby angelspawns » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:38 pm

I'm quite happy with my Set12 purchases. It's just that this Set doesn't make other options absolete. If you look at the cards there are no real 'must have' like an Emana or Dilate.

It will take a while untill Set12 becomes settled because of this. There aren't many choices to pick over exsisting ones. Not because they are bad, but because they don't particulairy add to the already established meta. The new Dilate will not find its way into Mid/big red any time soon. That lvl2 Duchy will never replace Esk&Verlaat in my files. Ariette often ties with Cath for my opening choice.

I can name 3 things that are "must have" to get this Set for; Lvl2 TGC char, Duchy commons, Falkow commons. Looking at all the rares however... it's a little lackluster. (maybe Zagar will be must have to!)
angelspawns

Postby hexagram » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Too early to say. Set 12 seems decent and balanced. Still annoyed with ex 11 particulary and only ex mermaid opnes.

Anyway once people start making strong/ op files with set 12 those people who have it may start to copy and play it. Or play a similar version. Generally it is really hard to make files from scratch. I rarely do it completly myself.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Callonia » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:06 pm

0 sun gods and 0 zagars from this set 12, sorry to disappoint you Ropey but rng has decided that I'm not allowed have them as per proud tradition of dumb gold boxes.

But i have tried out folrart swordswoman, and folrart archer, folrart greatsword soldier and folrart hammer soldier. along with a bunch of refugee citizens and a certain fairy. Poor refugees got killed like 8 times in that fight against mid red. Times I got trolled was like i got an 135 hp hammer soldier yay! Wait what, you gonna just do that break shot and it sends my 135 hp hammer soldier to slot 9 where it gets killed instantly on the same turn? HAXXOR.

I see troll opportunities with veteran shrine knight, I just haven't decided to put it into use yet.

Messala is new viable lvl 2 open for turn 1! don't matter if you have just one copy of her but she's a new choice other than usual lvl 2 boring opens. Used her to have refugee citizens tank ex merc girls and have the refugee citizen kill the ex merc girl. lulz
Callonia

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:37 pm

I actually felt like this set added a lot of viable options to the current card pool. Ultimately a very balanced set all in all. I'm currently happy with the set 12 cards I've gotten from the rarity up lotto (although I really wish there was a way to pinpoint cards already :/).

And yea Call I think Veteran Shrine Knight could be a potentially beneficial addition to a mid-refess file. I generally find any card with a potentially decent open skill a card to watch out for (especially for refess). I'd probably play him/her as a single copy tech card to counter engage SS and abilities.

Scientiafide

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion