Set 12 War Heroes a Flop?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Set 12 War Heroes a Flop?

Postby hexagram » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:37 pm

Romdeau wrote:As a designer I find it really disappointing that , the players choose to reward the company financially when blatantly OP cards are released in a set instead of a well balanced one.

Maybe that is the reason japan alteil did so well financially but they did have a huge player base and mass errata and nerf of the op cards led to unpopularity and people voting with feet and leaving atleast that is what they heard. Also partly the reason they made alteil 2

To encourage players to buy you need to slightly nerf current super meta, op and imbalanced broken cards.

Also increasing player base is pretty key
. Look at crest these days- completely empty most of the times. Seriously you need to make ais which give treasure and are only in crest and can only be played if no other crest players so lvl 1s are not forced to go to folrat and skip the 40-60 treasure cards and more fair matchups

For the first something like underdog but opposite would be good. Top 1/2% of cards except starter cards and cards on underdog exception list should be banned from folrart for that fortnightly cylce or more reasonably limited to 0/1/2 copies depending on the unit card and 0/1 copies for souls. So players can still play it but at a disadvantage. Also cards effected one cycle are unlikely to be effected next cycle so can still be played and 1/2% is too small to really cause problems.

This is like MTG rotation policy

Can be even increased to 5/10/25% if unit cards limited to 2 grimores 1, souls 1

You get the idea.

More variety will be encouraged and less played cards will occasionally be viable

I THINK THE BEST IDEA THERE IS THE TOP META OPPOSITE UNDERDOG THING. YOU HAVE THE STATS FROM UNDERDOG LIST SO WHEN IT IS FIXED YOU SHOULD MORE EASILY BE ABLE TO IMPLEMENT SUCH A SYSTEM IN THE WAY YOU LIKE. MINE WAS JUST A SUGGESTION
Last edited by hexagram on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Callonia » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:09 pm

Romdeau wrote:As a designer I find it really disappointing that , the players choose to reward the company financially when blatantly OP cards are released in a set instead of a well balanced one.

No idea.

I'm tired of spending $160 per set and still don't get at least 3x 5* of refess set. For some reason I have the worst luck with refess 5*s. I always get the gowen 5*s instead of refess ones. My 3x mercenary princess yuni is proof of this! This set, 130 dollars in and I still don't have 3x copies of refess 5* or even just at least one copy!

And I still don't know what to do when my puny refess files face off against EN spamming cem rats and chiruru ss. And return grims. 3/4 of the time I draw falkow or EN against my merc files and solar kingdom files. Dun know what ot do about them so i just chill out of folrart arena and let the abusers kill each other til they ragequit over having noone to farm.

Normal amount of money I spend on gold boxes is like around $160 each time a new set releases but i'm never rewarded for the amount i spent. Always missing refess 5*s, i only can get them through some other event like seasonals and pinpointed packs and such or championship tourneys. It shouldn't be a surprise that I finally ragequit after a long time of failing on gold boxes. It is insanity to expect different things from doing same things amirite?

Oh and what is op and what isn't op is farthest thing from my mind when a new set comes out. I buy stuff for the art. So don't lump me in with those sissy grinders that need to win 100% of their battles.

While i'm at it, delete jordanbot posts rawr.
Callonia

Postby hexagram » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:26 pm

callonia auction house may help solve your collection holes but save up your gran as it seems to be real gran only to buy , you get fm when sold. Subject to change as they have not released preliminary and final plan for auction house and the logistics of it.

I AGREE WITH

Its like a robot version of gon the number of posts no offense.

I reported user but do not think we have any active moderators though one to gms will probably delete it

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

hexagram

Postby ZeroX1999 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:29 am

Callonia wrote:

No idea.

I'm tired of spending $160 per set and still don't get at least 3x 5* of refess set. For some reason I have the worst luck with refess 5*s. I always get the gowen 5*s instead of refess ones. My 3x mercenary princess yuni is proof of this! This set, 130 dollars in and I still don't have 3x copies of refess 5* or even just at least one copy!

And I still don't know what to do when my puny refess files face off against EN spamming cem rats and chiruru ss. And return grims. 3/4 of the time I draw falkow or EN against my merc files and solar kingdom files. Dun know what ot do about them so i just chill out of folrart arena and let the abusers kill each other til they ragequit over having noone to farm.

Normal amount of money I spend on gold boxes is like around $160 each time a new set releases but i'm never rewarded for the amount i spent. Always missing refess 5*s, i only can get them through some other event like seasonals and pinpointed packs and such or championship tourneys. It shouldn't be a surprise that I finally ragequit after a long time of failing on gold boxes. It is insanity to expect different things from doing same things amirite?

Oh and what is op and what isn't op is farthest thing from my mind when a new set comes out. I buy stuff for the art. So don't lump me in with those sissy grinders that need to win 100% of their battles.

With AH coming sometime in the future. Missing a couple of the 5* refess will look like a thing of the past. I am hoping that someone get some of those EX cards and start selling them. I really need another Assassin Team and those mixed refess lawtia Annarose cards.

I actually spent about $150 on set 12. I am missing 1 5* falkow, 2 5* eskatia, and 1 5* refess and 1 Elgandi too....

I hope that AH will come sometime soon. Because a market will definitely revive the forum community. There are only about 5-10 posters that regularly check and post in the forum. That is really bad, the forum will bring people together and make it seem more active to new players. All the new players see is old vet players complaining about being CPC and unfairness. Please bring in the AH sometime soon...
ZeroX1999

Postby Shinu3 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:10 pm

I bought some set 12 packs and didn't like the rates of rares I was getting..I just felt like it gonna be more of an effort getting cards from this set than the others so I decided not to buy anymore set 12 packs
Shinu3

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Shinu3 wrote:I bought some set 12 packs and didn't like the rates of rares I was getting..I just felt like it gonna be more of an effort getting cards from this set than the others so I decided not to buy anymore set 12 packs

This has been the case for years now. Purchasing sets are almost never worth it unless you got hundreds of dollars to blow.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby ZeroX1999 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:00 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:
Shinu3 wrote:I bought some set 12 packs and didn't like the rates of rares I was getting..I just felt like it gonna be more of an effort getting cards from this set than the others so I decided not to buy anymore set 12 packs

This has been the case for years now. Purchasing sets are almost never worth it unless you got hundreds of dollars to blow.

That and they increased the amount of 5* rarities. It only used to be 4, one from each sphere, now we have 5 because of the mixed spheres... thus making it really hard to get any meaningful gain from packs. Buying one gold box is still worth it. Because you generally get all the 1* and 2* rarities.
ZeroX1999

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:40 pm

you know callonia when you quit t1 vs my cath open, i was playing grimless falkow.
Icyman2

Postby hexagram » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:48 pm

a lot of people quit too early including myself most recently because of dc because of my broadband myself.

Loss count of the number to games I won despite wanting to quit at some point.

hexagram

Postby Jazzock » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:18 am

Aoi wrote:Actually I think the wizard kingdom cards make a viable deck together in set 12, Combat sorcerer, Mirellia, Mage Knight Vanguard and Flying soldier girl for pinpointing what you want to kill.

Icyman2 wrote:they need elite fencer to be viable

Time to bring out my funfile...
It does well. Surprisingly. Something around 70-80%.
probably not Top RP, but very viable indeedy
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion