Lack of Counter Play

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Lack of Counter Play

Postby hexagram » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:07 pm

+1

auction house should help solve this

and incentise people to spend atleast a little to target cards they need

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:07 pm

I want to point out that stupid new crest card that is just another example of how there is very little counter play in this game. The crest blitz unit can basically get like 90-100 attack merely from being in the field for 2 turns and you running a crest tribal file. Now, in most cases this is not a big deal because even if the crest unit gets an attack off it will only be killing something minor like a kurina or some random early sacrificial unit. However, let's think of all the needlessly boring games this unit creates. What if someone is planning to play a strategy predicated on dropping an early game tank like Guardian, Vet Pally, or Renally? When these players play their level 4 or 5 unit on turn 3 or 4 or 5 they will be immediately facing a 3 agility 100+ attack unit. There pretty much is no counter play here. There is just, oh derp that unit has 100 attack on turn 4 and I have no way to stop it. I guess my strategy of playing a slow paced file predicated on setting up a tank in order to use some fragile combo units won't work. It just makes for stupid games and rage quits turn 4.

Like seriously I know the consistency argument with that crest unit but you can't honestly believe that she makes for fun matches. Like this is just another reason no one plays this game.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby gadu » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Gon,

Your example is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about when I mentioned the current difficulty in running cards like Scarrion or Mids/Bigs in general. In the current environment, Tribals/Rush is King. Mids/Bigs cannot compete UNLESS they have capable field wiping ability.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Callonia » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:40 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I want to point out that stupid new crest card that is just another example of how there is very little counter play in this game. The crest blitz unit can basically get like 90-100 attack merely from being in the field for 2 turns and you running a crest tribal file. Now, in most cases this is not a big deal because even if the crest unit gets an attack off it will only be killing something minor like a kurina or some random early sacrificial unit. However, let's think of all the needlessly boring games this unit creates. What if someone is planning to play a strategy predicated on dropping an early game tank like Guardian, Vet Pally, or Renally? When these players play their level 4 or 5 unit on turn 3 or 4 or 5 they will be immediately facing a 3 agility 100+ attack unit. There pretty much is no counter play here. There is just, oh derp that unit has 100 attack on turn 4 and I have no way to stop it. I guess my strategy of playing a slow paced file predicated on setting up a tank in order to use some fragile combo units won't work. It just makes for stupid games and rage quits turn 4.

Like seriously I know the consistency argument with that crest unit but you can't honestly believe that she makes for fun matches. Like this is just another reason no one plays this game.

This.

And romdeau hates solar kingdom.

I think i sorta stopped playing lvl 4 solar kingdom rushes.
Callonia

Postby Muklas » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:29 pm

And Rom can jump off a skyscraper for that.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Scientiafide » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:41 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I want to point out that stupid new crest card that is just another example of how there is very little counter play in this game. The crest blitz unit can basically get like 90-100 attack merely from being in the field for 2 turns and you running a crest tribal file. Now, in most cases this is not a big deal because even if the crest unit gets an attack off it will only be killing something minor like a kurina or some random early sacrificial unit. However, let's think of all the needlessly boring games this unit creates. What if someone is planning to play a strategy predicated on dropping an early game tank like Guardian, Vet Pally, or Renally? When these players play their level 4 or 5 unit on turn 3 or 4 or 5 they will be immediately facing a 3 agility 100+ attack unit. There pretty much is no counter play here. There is just, oh derp that unit has 100 attack on turn 4 and I have no way to stop it. I guess my strategy of playing a slow paced file predicated on setting up a tank in order to use some fragile combo units won't work. It just makes for stupid games and rage quits turn 4.

I agree that Crest blitz swordswoman should probably be reworked. It's not just the huge attack bonus, but the fact that it's combined with a close ability that's better than free reviving (since you can get a net gain of 1 sp out of it). Most other units that can get up there in attack usually have actual prerequisites (like requiring the player to spend sp, requiring time and other units to set up a combo, etc.)

Scientiafide

Postby hexagram » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:14 pm

I actually encountered this against mid refuss set 11. Trick was to let tank die to activate soul and later player a really good tank like phoneix chick which atleast needs to be 2 shot. I managed to win in end. Also counter played opponents engage soul skill with lvl 1 counter grim. They can be very easy to guess sometimes.

But I understand your point and agree to a certain extent.

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

hexagram

Postby gadu » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:51 pm

I'll add another anecdote. Getting my butt kicked by 1200 RP players because of Fierte and Affee SS. :lol:
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby hexagram » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:15 pm

rp does not mean too much sometimes I think as it stays whatever file is played.

I agree there are obviously strong ss particularly removals, sp/sphere drain which can be very powerfull and are used extensively by high rp and meta files since often hard to counter and creat massive advantage so low risk/high reward.

As far as I know alteil 2 in japan lacks such powerful soul skills - atleast removal one though I have never played it.

hexagram

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:18 am

Astraforse looks with a sad face as blitz snowballs faster than her.
Icyman2

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion