Narevaz file ? - Cuz hp=0 looks fun

Strategies and Card File Construction

Narevaz file ? - Cuz hp=0 looks fun

Postby idol » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:52 pm

The UD seems to be still broken, got really bored, so I decide to put some effort into some cards just to ease the urge of playing UD. :p
Narevaz has a very nice art and an interesting auto (tho seems gimmicky) that sets 2 units hp=0 under the condition cem = 0 cards.
https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=1663

Did some work on it, and tried it in single games. But I am not good at making concept files, so perhaps you smarter guys can help me out here.

Check here for most current file

Would replace with 1 more bringer (duh) and 1 more death embrace if I have the cards.
and also Set1 verlaat for 2nd SS

Edit: Woh dunno how that colossal pig went missing, too ugly to show up I guess.
Last edited by idol on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Re: Narevaz file ? - Cuz hp=0 looks fun

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Mainly this file just seems unfocused right now. As in you made some efforts to get this guy going, but you only half-committed. More than half your file seems to be dedicated to what happens after Navarez instead of finding ways to really support him. So my first recommendation would be just to add focus and clarity. Navarez is 3 agility with only 50HP meaning he can die very easy and may not be able to get his auto skill off. I think you'd be better off adding more grims and/or open skill units to really get the most out of Navarez when you play him early/mid game. I imagine things like sylphs or song for a hero should help out.

Another thing I don't really understand is the use of deaths embrace and bitter destiny. These are awesome grims yes, but they are best complimented by aggressive tribals with field wiping capability. A file dedicated to getting one unit going and supporting it through grims, souls, and open skills, seems ill-equiped to really make good use of those grims.

The poison units is a nice idea, but once again just seems clunky. Like you could presumably just make a separate file focused on just those units. Since you're running this gown/lawt thing, it might make more sense to devote more space to getting Navarez going, and then using maybe 2 endgame units - say Afel and Bringer.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby hexagram » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:23 pm

Atleast one or two song for a hero wold be nice. Can also replace first 3 souls with a 3 lp one which removes 3 cards from grave as even if you return them they are not too useful and also frees up two more soul skills

see shadow sketches replay viewtopic.php?f=33&t=14057

also leave a comment on replay thread.

Not the best replay for you as I countered so he could/did not even get to play the signature card.
Last edited by hexagram on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby idol » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Oh right, open shade-> Animus -> moxie, and that leaves 1 more space for grim bane after 4 cards retrieved from cem.
Also tries to combo 2nd and 3rd SS with Death embrace and Bitter Disney...

And I just took out SP gens to add in a Song of a hero .... Are there any thing for Max HP hate? I am using word of dalos now.

GonFreeces31 wrote:Mainly this file just seems unfocused right now.

I did put in a song of hero, but sylph? Would that be a LP liability?

GonFreeces31 wrote:Another thing I don't really understand is the use of deaths embrace and bitter destiny.

I'll chew on that, but it seems to help seal the game if Nare manage to activate his/her auto along with Violet SS?

GonFreeces31 wrote:The poison units is a nice idea, but once again just seems clunky.

True. To be honest, I haven't really thought out how I want the end game to be played.

GonFreeces31 wrote:and then using maybe 2 endgame units - say Afel and Bringer.

I guess we just can't get away with them when comes to competitiveness?

Also, fast reply, nice feedback.
You see that is why I don't really mind his sometimes not so meaningful posts.
idol

Postby shadowsketch » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:25 pm

I tried out a Navarez file, didn't do so hot, but the key is to not let Navarez be the focus since his Auto condition can be hard to get.

I deleted the file, but my first SS was Catherine/Legyre (RFG 3 cards from your graveyard, 3LP) with Shade > Animus > that +1/+1 gow/lawt creature. Under normal circumstances, it would be a good setup for Narevaz, but there's always the chance to clash or get grimbaned. Hence, I added that EX Crest Langbart for tanking and his autoskill RFGs from your graveyard.

Other cards I had were Matchless Combatant Yug, EX Zugateroza, Dandan, Rapid Growth, a Sakura and I forget the rest.

I realize you might not have many of the cards, but I hope it at least gives you some ideas.
shadowsketch

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Listen to gon.
Regis patroller, song of the hero, timestop, celerity are all valid ways to buff naravez up.
You can even put in a overdose and dark confederation.
Icyman2

Postby idol » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:31 pm

hexagram wrote:Can also replace first 3 souls with a 3 lp one which removes 3 cards from grave

Thought of that, but gotta put in grim bane into the play. Btw Violet SS stalls enemy field, so Nare has more chance to activate auto

hexagram wrote:see shadow sketches replay viewtopic.php?f=33&t=14057

dunno how I missed on that, thx, will chew on that later.
idol

Postby hexagram » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Also balack sunrx had a nauvez file.

First soul 2 lp (something like silverion / blessed knight) for the extra sp. 2nd soul new miffrye Key rest units till they die do not really attack as miffrye will benefit both players

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby idol » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:43 pm

The problem I see with cath and new miff (removes units only) is that it doesn't have space for grimbane, which would be a big weakness for this type of file.
Prob aiming for more aggressive play style.
idol

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:22 pm

Generally when modding and fine tuning files I used to take the following approach:

1) Identify a clear goal. I think this is important to mention cause a lot of times you look at files people make and just think wtf? Like there is just no focus. Your initial file is kinda-sorta like this. As in, you seem to have a goal - make a navarez file, but it looks like you half-assed it and have too many cards that don't compliment each other.
2) Given the goal (in your case make a navarez file), how can you optimize your souls, find complimentary units, and set up the file to do what it is you want it to do.
3) Once you're decently content with your goal being completed, think about how this file matches up with other commonly played files. What is it strong verse and what is it weak verse?
4) If you can identify strengths and weaknesses, you might want to cut out a few "win-more" cards (aka cards that only help you win good matchups even easier) for some cards to help you out in brutal matchups.
5) Eventually you should have a solid balanced file.

It looks like right now you're in stage 2 trying to optimize. So yeah I think the best things to think about are ways to compliment Navarez to get the most out of him. Then, once you find ways to really get him to shine, you can get a sense for matchups and what the game looks like when he leaves the field (maybe giving you more ideas for what to do post-navarez).
Last edited by GonFreeces31 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum