Narevaz file ? - Cuz hp=0 looks fun

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Narevaz file ? - Cuz hp=0 looks fun

Postby hexagram » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Old japanese saying

We learn little from success but much from defeat

+1 what gon said. Plus watch your replays anylasing each turn. What card could have been good to replace in your file. Did you do the optimal move that turm... etc.

Sometimes thinking ahead , skipping turns, even resting can be legitimate moves. You get max 5mins +30 seconds every turn use it.

Plus all players can watch there own replays. Even record it using some free software for later use.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby idol » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:10 am

Normally I only play synergy files that concentrate on 1 tribe rather than 1 card,
but the comments I received thrill me and I have made up my mind to put more effort into the file.

So I'm working on the step to put more focus on Narevaz, goal is
"To limit opponent field to 3 or below and keep cem clean".

Some explanation on card choices,
Bitter and Death embrace - after playing Narevaz, the file tend to have some sitting SP, and the only choice left is to play grims, and these two seems best fit as opponent tend to have low SP after violet SS
Creeping hands and Word of Dalos - fail-safe grim to ensure clean cem.

No Afel - seems like a good fit as Abyssal type, but I don't really like the way it works, much prefer lame BoF.
No Cath SS - too slow and hard to time, also opens the chance of losing fielding advantage.
No Miff SS - risk of giving opponent head start .
No overdose - cuz I have no way retrieving Nare and this is a Nare file.

2nd Edition So it currently look like this:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Missing Belus X2 Bringer X1 - which can be done with PC
Last SS prob Dub
The best SS for the file might be "Violet General / Amethyst Eater"
-Send five random cards from your cemetery out of game. Return five random cards from your cemetery to your File.
https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=1720
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby gadu » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:54 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:4) If you can identify strengths and weaknesses, you might want to cut out a few "min-more" cards (aka cards that only help you win good matchups even easier) for some cards to help you out in brutal matchups.

I like this one. I think part of what leads to "brutal matchups" is many people not cutting the "min-more" cards and doing stuff like 3 Tidal and Cyclone or Fierte-Afee SS, etc.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Pretty fail typo there. Meant to say "win-more" not "min-more" LOL. Anyway, if you're gonna use that Dark Princess card it may not make sense to use Belus. Otherwise, file looks decent. How does it play out and how successful is Nav verse most files? Also, you might be better off with a SP+2 soul first instead of Asuet. I can imagine this file struggling to get sufficient SP in the early/mid game... Maybe?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby idol » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:02 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Anyway, if you're gonna use that Dark Princess card it may not make sense to use Belus.

True, might better of with another grim? Just wish to have a removal for endgame.

GonFreeces31 wrote:Also, you might be better off with a SP+2 soul first instead of Asuet. I can imagine this file struggling to get sufficient SP in the early/mid game... Maybe?

Was thinking about that or even more aggressive 1 SS since the first 3 are all sacrificial.

Then I'll need to find some time to actually try it out ...
EDIT: Oh well, maybe I have to tweak the SS line up a bit, 4/5 games I don't get to activate the SS the way I want,
either get iczered or opponent simple don't kill my unit. weird.
idol

Postby idol » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:43 pm

This is my best variant atm, and would like to share this back to the community.
Doing around 20 games with win rate around 60%, so here it goes:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Improvements in mind:
1LP 1st SS is too risky, especially you get Iczered.
3LP SS is too slow and if opponent don't finish ALL your sac unit, u gotta wait.
2LP SS might be a better fit - Verlaat (Which I don't have)
Also I would use stronghold and merciless death if I have the cards.
Afel might be a nice replacement for either Belus or Bringer.
Never really used Zombie king, but should help in theory.

Conclusion:
Tried to make it into an all-round file as Gon recommended, but it is hard given the file is very focused on auto skill that runs on extreme conditions.
It's an auto loss against some file types, grim bane, file destruct, EN, EM just to name a few.
So I kind of thinking about making the file more concentrated on certain file types.
In order to keep cem clean and use Song of hero, the field size is small most of the time.
This makes it hard to transit into end game, unless it is slow enough to let me play removal grim.

Prob would give the file a rest and get my winrate back to 60% first.
Also thank you all for the input, it is a fun file to work with.
idol

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum