Giant Snake

Strategies and Card File Construction

Giant Snake

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:59 pm

I've been screwing around with giant snake and i think he makes a great tech unit in gowen. He is extremely situationally op.
Unfortunately there's no replay b/c saving battles seemed to have crapped out today along with the rest of the server.

Use:
Single copy with teleport girl and rasam ss.

Required cards:
Giant Snake: 1 copy
Regus Flying Apprentice: 1 copy
Rasam (Soul Skill): 1 copy

Where to use it:
Any mid gowen file, especially if you plan on getting 1 falkow through pullermia or stronghold. I personally went the stronghold route since the shade animus open is aggressive and gets trolled by very few opens while skip pullermia or buncle pullermia is just not quite as strong.
You do need 4 sphere to play him and 4 loose sp that turn. Rushes usually can't afford 4 sp banked on a unit to do one thing. Fortunately his action skill is only 1 sp so you won't be as stressed for sp as diondora.

How to use vs different files
Rush file: wait until they play a ranged unit. For dolls, mobility doll. For buncles diamond, agate, violet general. Trigger rasam ss, hit that ranged unit and one other. Play giant snake. Play flying girl to move the one not in row 2 to row 2. Use action skill to return.
Rushes generally have no way of dealing/countering this. If you've kept the pressure on, there should be no loose sp to counter anything.
Mids and bigs:
Gowen:
You can backlash the fire arrow to make sure snake survives.
Falkow:
Wrath gives -1 falkow, but try to time it (if you're going lawtia, you can use shades) so that there would be no loose sp to play wrath.
Refess:
lol
Lawtia:
Hope overdose won't hit snake. I wouldn't engage the doll and leave it as the overdose bait (as you want them to kill the doll not the row 2 units). If you are going the lawtia route and pack an overdose, you can try to backlash.

Let me stress how good this unit is. If you have 1 unit in row 2 already (which is common), then snake with teleport and rasam returns 2 units. He also returns big units. Today out of my 4 matches, I hit:
1. giant arth
2. allind
3. ascrat
4. diamond and ruby general
For a rush file, you should hit 5-6 sp worth of units. For a mids file, you'll hit 4-8 depending on your luck. For a bigs file, well it's like a diondora. This unit here is as game transforming as a good turn with bitter destiny. And of course, this unit is a tech, a unit meant for 1 turn that is extremely good in some situations. You don't need it to be infallible since it's only taking up 1 slot. This strategy can be one of many that you can have in a single file. I hope to see more giant snakes in this game in the future.

DISCUSS
Last edited by Icyman2 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Icyman2

Re: Giant Snake

Postby Callonia » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:52 pm

Yup, I breathe easier these days because gowen players is obessed with spamming bringers instead of giant snake. Or pixy or something. If i see a giant snake on opposing field, it must die.
Callonia

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:03 pm

Yeah I used to have 2 videos of giant snake beating files in my old example files thread. Beat a 2krp star dragon and lawtia files mainly using the teleport/rasam ss trick with the snake.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:11 pm

And now you have a reusable teleport unit that also acts as a sac.
But I don't think you should base your file around snake and call it a snake file. I think it's a powerful strategy that when works is gamechanging.
Icyman2

Postby gadu » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:42 pm

I was thinking about doing this too, but I only have 1 copy of snake. Is that really all you need?

How about that Set 12 "Mermaid" SS that can teleport and engage at the same?

Rasam goes slot 3?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:50 pm

gadu wrote:I was thinking about doing this too, but I only have 1 copy of snake. Is that really all you need?

How about that Set 12 "Mermaid" SS that can teleport and engage at the same?

Rasam goes slot 3?

Yeah 3rd slot seems to be the best but you probs need a 2 lp 2nd.
What set 12 merm ss?

oh yeah don't use that. the amount of "stuff" it does for a ss is way too little.
remember that snake is a transition unit. you need units (mid to big units) to drop after snake dies and refunds sp.
Icyman2

Postby gadu » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Icyman2 wrote:What set 12 merm ss?

Wait, nevermind. I just looked at it and it only engages for one turn and its 2 LP SS so it wouldn't work well.

Also, if you're playing mid file, you can also use Jerry, teleport to slot 9, and send engaged unit to cemetary. You might not even have to engage if you win the 3 AGI roll. Refess would get trolled hard.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby hexagram » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:44 pm

+1 thinking of something like this too

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby CainHyde » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 pm

gadu wrote:
Icyman2 wrote:Also, if you're playing mid file, you can also use Jerry, teleport to slot 9, and send engaged unit to cemetary. You might not even have to engage if you win the 3 AGI roll. Refess would get trolled hard.

Lucky Jerry alone already able to trolled lots of Refess card you know...
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby idol » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:42 am

CainHyde wrote:
gadu wrote:
Icyman2 wrote:Also, if you're playing mid file, you can also use Jerry, teleport to slot 9, and send engaged unit to cemetary. You might not even have to engage if you win the 3 AGI roll. Refess would get trolled hard.

Lucky Jerry alone already able to trolled lots of Refess card you know...

The new Falk teleporter seems to fit the role as well, and she's recyclable.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum