MysteryMan wrote:Started redoing the underdog achievement.
The new architecture breaks attachments down into the following sections
- General achievement details (name, description, icon, max that can be awarded, etc)
- Criteria (win a battle against a higher level opponent, wear a hat, etc)
- Reward (give avatar, give gran, give card, turn into vampire, etc)
- When to check (the old system checked every minute. Eventually they will be checked based on appropriate triggers, like a battle ending or an avatar being used)
This will allow achievements to be easily created or modified on the fly.
FYI - aside from the obvious, the new architecture is focused around the following concepts
1) Readability. Anyone should be able to look at the code and understand what it does.
2) Scalability. Things don't need to be more efficient, just more scalable. This means if we have the option between something taking 1 cycle and 10 cycles, we'll choose the 10 cycle option if it means we can distribute the load among as many machines as we want.
MysteryMan wrote:hexagram wrote:Re: Daily duelist bug
DD and UD are both fried at the moment, as are the newbie achievements.
What I'm doing right now will
1) Fix all of them
2) Be a lot less of a strain on the system
3) Allow us to add any achievements we want, easily.
Creating this new system will take less time than fixing the old one.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests