Sprint #4 - A new type of shiny

Official News and Announcements

Re: Sprint #4 - A new type of shiny

Postby Romdeau » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:00 am

I even reported that sub-forum bug and as far as I know that issue was ignored. Movies are just destined not to be discussed on official Alteil forums.
Romdeau

Postby CainHyde » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:23 am

Movie? What is movie? :twisted:
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:48 am

Configuring new computer. UD development will resume when machine is fully installed. May take a few hours.

As for additional achievements - good idea, may add in future sprints.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:19 am

Re-hiring contractors to examine Avatar Manager.

First step is to assess the problem and determine if it'd be quicker to repair the issue or recreate the avatar manager in html5.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:20 am

Seasonal cards are online. This includes 4 new cards :)
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:22 am

Callonia wrote:php code? CATCH LOGRESS AND REMIND HIM OF BROKEN ADVENT'S DREAM MACHINE! That subforum has been broken for many years now. Fix it plz. Go forth mysteryman.

K. Scheduling a meeting to discuss revamping the forums then :). Doing some investigation myself as waiting for new computers to upgrade.
MysteryMan

Postby Callonia » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:06 pm

I don't know if you know but it seems like the d/cs after people press battle replay save or lotto and such after a battle finishes is because alteil is booting us off for inactivity despite the fact that people just spent like last 30 minutes battling it out.
Callonia

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Callonia wrote:I don't know if you know but it seems like the d/cs after people press battle replay save or lotto and such after a battle finishes is because alteil is booting us off for inactivity despite the fact that people just spent like last 30 minutes battling it out.

That will be fixed but it's probably a couple months away. I want to make past battles easier to access (especially from the file editor. "View wins. View Losses." "[T/F] Include videos of other players who used this file" "[Dropdown] against opponent with deck style x").
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Started redoing the underdog achievement.

The new architecture breaks attachments down into the following sections
  • General achievement details (name, description, icon, max that can be awarded, etc)
  • Prerequisite
  • Criteria (win a battle against a higher level opponent, wear a hat, etc)
  • Reward (give avatar, give gran, give card, turn into vampire, etc)
  • When to check (the old system checked every minute. Eventually they will be checked based on appropriate triggers, like a battle ending or an avatar being used)

This will allow achievements to be easily created or modified on the fly.

FYI - aside from the obvious, the new architecture is focused around the following concepts
1) Readability. Anyone should be able to look at the code and understand what it does.
2) Scalability. Things don't need to be more efficient, just more scalable. This means if we have the option between something taking 1 cycle and 10 cycles, we'll choose the 10 cycle option if it means we can distribute the load among as many machines as we want.
MysteryMan

Postby Callonia » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:31 pm

MysteryMan wrote:
Callonia wrote:I don't know if you know but it seems like the d/cs after people press battle replay save or lotto and such after a battle finishes is because alteil is booting us off for inactivity despite the fact that people just spent like last 30 minutes battling it out.

That will be fixed but it's probably a couple months away. I want to make past battles easier to access (especially from the file editor. "View wins. View Losses." "[T/F] Include videos of other players who used this file" "[Dropdown] against opponent with deck style x").

Good, good, don't forget to delete return, tidal waves and wrath of the sea god grimiores in preparation for alteil 2.

But i think your planned fix is pointless, noone really saves their defeats except for wins. I am the same.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart