Sprint #4 - A new type of shiny

Official News and Announcements

Re: Sprint #4 - A new type of shiny

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:36 pm

Callonia wrote:But i think your planned fix is pointless, noone really saves their defeats except for wins. I am the same.

I have 2 saved defeats.
Icyman2

Postby Callonia » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:53 pm

Icyman2 wrote:
Callonia wrote:But i think your planned fix is pointless, noone really saves their defeats except for wins. I am the same.

I have 2 saved defeats.

So do I but number of win saves far outnumber the latter. I only save the defeats where its worthy not defeats through op abuse.
Callonia

Postby hexagram » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:55 pm

+1 make lvl hide dable by default as it continues to deter new players. Even more so in future as average lvls increase and new guys think that people get a card every lvl.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Callonia wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:
Callonia wrote:I don't know if you know but it seems like the d/cs after people press battle replay save or lotto and such after a battle finishes is because alteil is booting us off for inactivity despite the fact that people just spent like last 30 minutes battling it out.

That will be fixed but it's probably a couple months away. I want to make past battles easier to access (especially from the file editor. "View wins. View Losses." "[T/F] Include videos of other players who used this file" "[Dropdown] against opponent with deck style x").

Good, good, don't forget to delete return, tidal waves and wrath of the sea god grimiores in preparation for alteil 2.

But i think your planned fix is pointless, noone really saves their defeats except for wins. I am the same.

I'd have to discuss this with the others but the idea would be to save all battles. Battles marked as private would only be visible to people who fought in them.

You'd have the option of marking your file public, in which case it can be imported/exported (with grayed out cards if there are holes). Obviously you wouldn't be able to browse your opponent's file until after a battle (our tournament) if they market it public.
MysteryMan

Postby hexagram » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Re: Daily duelist bug

see viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14086

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:06 pm

hexagram wrote:Re: Daily duelist bug

see http://www.alteil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14086

DD and UD are both fried at the moment, as are the newbie achievements.

What I'm doing right now will

1) Fix all of them
2) Be a lot less of a strain on the system
3) Allow us to add any achievements we want, easily.

Creating this new system will take less time than fixing the old one.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:08 pm

MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:18 pm

Development laptop upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 Ultimate with goodies (Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate, Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate, Telerik Ultimate, Skype, Notepad++, Github Windows Client, Office 2013, Spotify Pro)

Spotify and Skype were not sponsored but they were cheap :)

Why Visual Studio 2010 and 2012? Because Entity framework for MySql hasn't been upgraded to support 2012 yet. So we use 2010 to make a dll that 2012 can exploit :).
MysteryMan

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:07 pm

I find the "free" part really obnoxious. I pretty much assume it's free until they ask for a credit card. Plus, you don't need to state it twice or make the words the biggest letters. Please stress the quality of this game, not how much it costs, b/c we know that the cost isn't anything to brag about right now.
Icyman2

Postby Anima13 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:27 am

I dont know what this pic wanna be, but there is something i dont like about it. Something is missing that is an important motivator for many ppl to play this game.
This pic gives the impression this is a game for young boys who are into pew pew kick ****. Full of monsters and musculus heros.

WHERE IS THE CUTENESSS?

Please add in at least a cute little girl (like rfa, total failure, fellana, fellana or fellana) and a handsome man.

Also you could consider to highlight somehow that the game is a bit more difficult/challanging. but this is discussable I guess. But you access the game a totally different way (and with different expectations) if you enter the game with this in your mind.

This is an advanced card game, and people who expect to win mindless will be disappointed hard.
Anima13

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart