Plan to fix Refess: Add 5 DEF to every unit

User suggestions to improve the game

Plan to fix Refess: Add 5 DEF to every unit

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:28 pm

I did some thinking today and got a plan to fix refess. Basically we add 5 defense to every single unit in the sphere. That way Refess can beat grim spam abusers and power creep damage spam nonsense.

What do you guys think?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Re: Plan to fix Refess: Add 5 DEF to every unit

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:43 pm

Obviously not enough. Should be 10.
Icyman2

Postby Callonia » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:12 pm

How will that help. You throw out a random stat.

I can do the same, +1 agi to every falkow unit.
Callonia

Postby CainHyde » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:51 pm

Sorry Gon.
But that's bad idea.
All spheres already have ability to bypass defense, or even benefit from high DF unit.
Giving 5 DF to all Refess might actually give Refess more almost instant lose situation cause Refess player became unable to counter any DF counter card anymore.
Also meh... 5 DF.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:56 pm

CainHyde wrote:Giving 5 DF to all Refess might actually give Refess more almost instant lose situation...
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Gon is once again openly retarded. He should perhaps sing a song "I'm retarded and I know it!" would be very popular. :roll:
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby CainHyde » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:53 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:
CainHyde wrote:Giving 5 DF to all Refess might actually give Refess more almost instant lose situation...

Do you really need an example?
That Lv 4 Gowen Raptor thingy ate DF for breakfast.
Zero will be more than happy slaying 2 row Refess unit for only 1 SP.

Also...
Every single Ork say "DF? Is that a new type of food?"
Amethyst said "DF? What DF?"
Falkow don't care about your DF. It's either they have damage that able to kill Lv 9 Dragon in one hit or Return mechanics.
Lawtia already have several way to bypass defense too, like Nue, Zu, Zangadylan, etc.

And isn't it obvious in the future, we will have even more way to break DF wall?
+5 DF is worthless most of time.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Anima13 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:51 am

CainHyde wrote:Sorry Gon.
But that's bad idea.
All spheres already have ability to bypass defense, or even benefit from high DF unit.
Giving 5 DF to all Refess might actually give Refess more almost instant lose situation cause Refess player became unable to counter any DF counter card anymore.
Also meh... 5 DF.

This stands in contrast to the notion in our other thread that grimcount wins "abusing" elite mage soldier soul.

Still i belive too that the idea idea to add 5 def to every unit is bad.
While I do belive that this helps, it would be unfair to other units and especially would summon a redesign need for tons of cards. and wouldnt solve the real issues refess has.

refess has several issues:

-one if them is that too many keycards are EX and that there are barely alternatives for them in nonex form
as an example, how many set gone till we got a nonex alternative for kaldi?

- refess could use some more options for field maintaintance, beside caith sith and maybe some other grims I don't know many

-refess could use more tools to reward a build up field with increased survival/attack power. unfortunatelly here the issue arrises that the few existing tools with this task are already incredible strong and can be combined. (also we could argue that players tend not to work out this aspect of the their deck well) BUT if its single units that get the reward this is not that bad (see eg new verlat design)

-typically many refess player (but not all) have wrong imagination of the sphere and want to use it like gowen,in particular
a,they use pure damage souls. while this helps to solve the weakness of refess in terms of damage it doesn't solve the central tasks of refess to build and maintain a field.
as a consequence the units remain more often isolated, which leads to a dramatic fall of the fields attackpower
b, situation got much better but still too many dont use sp generation and stall early. refess performs well in high sp environment, it is reqired to buid that field.
c, quiet often the files field contept doesn't include a variant for low sp environment
d, they use too rarely tools to maintain their field
e, they don't anticipate returns and play like they wouldnt exist
d, I rarely see the conter/ control units used which refess offer plenty of

finally a little quiz for all the refess player out there:
I play serpent, and face an agressive deck that is capable to kill my tanks in one turn. what do I place as tank while building up my field and why? also when would you use the other units as tanks?
a, sea hunter
b, sea claw
c, undine
Anima13

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:07 am

Cain you have to be trolling if you literally think adding stat points actually makes things worse off not better.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Jazzock » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:42 am

CainHyde wrote:That Lv 4 Gowen Raptor thingy ate DF for breakfast.

I've never seen that used in a game.

Anima...Can i answer for lulz (i'm going to anyway)? :lol: If the enemy can 1 shot claw, i'd use sea hunter, otherwise i'd use Sea claw early as a sacrificial tank. Followed by serpent -> frog if it can take a hit, otherwise somethign to die like owl sage/sea hunter. then use that one to activate a soul skill to stall and bring out another main tank/frog (hopefully OP enemy units will be dieing off by now). Undines I'd save to slow down 1 enemy unit so serpent can get at least 1 kill (assuming serpent is slow enough) before dieing off, then using it to buffer the next turn. but I'm not a refess playerand i've never played serpent before... :?

EDIT*
I remember when DerpDilate had 5DF, he was stupidly hard to kill had to hit him like 4 times in 1 turn to kill him :x :?
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau