Plan to fix Refess: Add 5 DEF to every unit

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Plan to fix Refess: Add 5 DEF to every unit

Postby angelspawns » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:13 pm

The stupidity of this threat actually invokes a response (yes, i'm aware that made me look even more stupid).... so here goes...

NO. ENOUGH WITH THE DEF STACKING ALREADY.
This game is getting lamer by the day. If you want to prevent your units from dying there are dozens of other options to come up with. Enough with the endless amount of options to do the same boring crap over and over.

Def+Atk stacking... is that all there's to it?? You know you can prevent units from dying by decreasing the opponents killing potential aswell, right? There's RNG and Atk drain, but those themes are heavily underplayed (and underpresented). Or how about more ideas with the stat HP, like the tank Rubens or TGC Priests. More of those options would be nice.
angelspawns

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:17 pm

I think you need to take a chill pill.
The reason why you're so against defense stacking is perhaps ppl might actually have counters now? Welp if we give everyone at debuffing and hp snowballing, pretty sure those need counters too. They are quite op and annoying.
Icyman2

Postby angelspawns » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Icyman2 wrote:I think you need to take a chill pill.
The reason why you're so against defense stacking is perhaps ppl might actually have counters now? Welp if we give everyone at debuffing and hp snowballing, pretty sure those need counters too. They are quite op and annoying.

LOL! What on earth are you talking about. You realise there are currently like a gazillion counters against AT debuffing? xD (Hint: it's called AT increase) And it can stack way faster then all current ATK debuffers combined.

This isn't me whining because Def aint good enough to stop others. If you think that you missed the entire point of my post. I want viarity. I want MORE options instead of doing constantly the same. How many units do we have that increase Def as form of reducing Dmg? It's getting really old. I wouldn't mind seeing something else for a change. Same goes for endlessly adding Dmg opens in Gowen. I really hope next Set will focuss on something else cuz these unimaginative repetitive tricks are boring the shitz out of me. Like seriously, how many ways are there to tell "do X amount of Dmg to X unit(s)"... :?
angelspawns

Postby Callonia » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:41 pm

I used to use Rubens, He have a tendency to leave my field at most inconvenient time which falkow abusers abused to remove two units at same time instead of just one. But other than that, he's a nice tank but at most his counter will activate for 10-30 damage, its rare when it hits for 40 and over.

Also, i'd play undine too i guess. Because it can make a nice sacrificial compared to wisp. Undine actively slows down the enemy field which gives you a theoretical possibility of killing maybe 1 unit before you get field wiped. The two other crab monsters is silly to summon in such a situation because they lack in opening skills but you'll have sp padding to drop them fast in following turns because you spent only 1 sp this turn and have extra sp for next turn.
Callonia

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Imagine if wisp had 5 DEF and guardian started out with 15 def. The terror!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:23 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Imagine if wisp had 5 DEF and guardian started out with 15 def. The terror!

Nope. Wisp is still a bad unit. Only has 1 rng where every other great spirits have 2-3 rng. There's still plenty of times where I stare at my wisp sadly and used it and then have it plop down on 2nd or 3rd row and be useless.

Guardian with 15 def meh. no change, if that was on folrart heavy guardian, then it will have real bite like folrart guardian does. Heavy folrart guardians get attacked more often than regular guardian does. I even found myself taking 20 damage counters just to make it die. Quit beating around the bush and make it do atk+df on counter xD 50 damage counter will make me hesitate. At the moment it's inferior to regular folrart guardians in making the enemy hesitate but it have a capability to be an attacker because of its 40 attack which is rare to be found. I have it attack in same situations where I have my blessed armors attack.

Give heavy folrart guardian a spin, you'll be surprised at his relative ineffectiveness. He's more of a unit that you plop down in same situations where blessed armor does but blessed armor tank better cuz of blessed armor's +30 def on counter xD a single copy took two hits from death dragon's 100 atk before it went down.
Callonia

Postby CainHyde » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:19 am

Anima13 wrote:finally a little quiz for all the refess player out there:
I play serpent, and face an agressive deck that is capable to kill my tanks in one turn. what do I place as tank while building up my field and why? also when would you use the other units as tanks?
a, sea hunter
b, sea claw
c, undine

Hm... I think I might use Undine.
So I can trigger my SS (Engage) next turn and kill 1-2 unit.
And then I summon Sea Hunter because next turn Engage SS activated.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby shadowsketch » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:53 pm

I'll cosign on this, but only if Knight of Shrine Zero gets buffed to have more RNG.
shadowsketch

Postby Callonia » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:05 pm

shadowsketch wrote:I'll cosign on this, but only if Knight of Shrine Zero gets buffed to have more RNG.

I still have my zero deck as well xD
Callonia

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau