Hammer Soldier sucks.

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Hammer Soldier sucks.

Postby Callonia » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:29 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:If it's played a lot more then it will have more losses.


This is wisdom.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4750
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Hammer Soldier sucks.

Postby Anima13 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:44 am

Callonia wrote:And how on earth is folrart heavy knight anti falkow unit, everytime i tried to use him, he meets his end on business end of regus magic greatsword abuse guy. or you're playing against terrible falkow players. He always get 1-2 shot even when i summon him early then falkow just focus their returns on other guys in my field.


I would like to explain why he is anti falkow.
If you land him early on the game, falkow stands there and can't return him. Falkow can only kill him if he
a, creates a resource surplus compared to refess to buff its offensive unit. In case of magic greatsword thats 4-6sp + bringing out the unit (if heavy has its 20 def greatsword needs 9 falkow sl)
b, remove him via soul (of course you have to give them an opportunity for this first)
c some field orineted falkow decks can summon more attackpower early

now this means that you have a tank that withstand a significant portion of falkow decks early (those with limited attack early).
These decks wont be able to completly disrupt and especially isolate certain units early game with returns, cause there is a tank infront they can't get rid of. Yes they can return other units but that wont solve their problem(cant create pressure by kiilling units). in addition during this time they wont have the option to iczer into you which gains you additional time to get the high sp environment you need.
Tataa there you have an ideal anti falkow tank. And its not the only anti falkow in refess.
User avatar
Anima13
 
Posts: 931
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 10:15 am
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Hammer Soldier sucks.

Postby Scientiafide » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:09 pm

I actually kind of agree with Call here, Folrart heavy knight does his job rather poorly. The main problem is that come midgame/endgame, you have a unit that has a very high chance of engaging himself when he should be attacking. As soon as it dies, all a falkow player has to do is ensure any defense giving unit is returned/killed to engage him. It's worth noting that his +10 def also comes in as an auto, so it's pretty easy to get your attacks in before it comes in due to his low agi.

So yea he's pretty bad, he's more a liability than anything else.
Image

Image
User avatar
Scientiafide
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Hammer Soldier sucks.

Postby Callonia » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:55 pm

Scientiafide wrote:I actually kind of agree with Call here, Folrart heavy knight does his job rather poorly. The main problem is that come midgame/endgame, you have a unit that has a very high chance of engaging himself when he should be attacking. As soon as it dies, all a falkow player has to do is ensure any defense giving unit is returned/killed to engage him. It's worth noting that his +10 def also comes in as an auto, so it's pretty easy to get your attacks in before it comes in due to his low agi.

So yea he's pretty bad, he's more a liability than anything else.


Frankly, I think Fierte does much a better job than folrart heavy knight. She's simply amazing. Absorbed over 100 damage in a single turn from evil falkows. And the more i watched the replay the more I see why the pirate abuser ragequit against me.

The first turn i dropped down fierte, she took max of 90 damage from the enemy and kept my field intact. Forcing the abusers to work hard when they want their free wins.

More better, I don't have to rely on some **** EX card.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4750
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Hammer Soldier sucks.

Postby Icyglare » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 pm

FHK bad during end game? Okay then, use Folrart Heavy Knight turn two, don't carry 3 copies of him. Anyone else has questions?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
User avatar
Icyglare
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:26 am

Re: Hammer Soldier sucks.

Postby Muklas » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:10 am

Meh, I decided to fight fire with fire, splashed falkow in my EX Lap file and suddenly I'm playing a control deck with good units instead on relying on EX mermaid soldier and Ryu to keep me alive.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
User avatar
Muklas
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Hammer Soldier sucks.

Postby Callonia » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:31 am

Muklas wrote:Meh, I decided to fight fire with fire, splashed falkow in my EX Lap file and suddenly I'm playing a control deck with good units instead on relying on EX mermaid soldier and Ryu to keep me alive.


Wat u using, that new lvl 1 sorc girl?
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4750
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Hammer Soldier sucks.

Postby CainHyde » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:17 am

Icyglare wrote:FHK bad during end game? Okay then, use Folrart Heavy Knight turn two, don't carry 3 copies of him. Anyone else has questions?

Why not 1 copy instead?
So you won't spend SP to revive him and have 1 extra space for tech card.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
User avatar
CainHyde
 
Posts: 1676
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:55 am

Re: Hammer Soldier sucks.

Postby Muklas » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:48 am

Callonia wrote:
Muklas wrote:Meh, I decided to fight fire with fire, splashed falkow in my EX Lap file and suddenly I'm playing a control deck with good units instead on relying on EX mermaid soldier and Ryu to keep me alive.


Wat u using, that new lvl 1 sorc girl?


Sorc Girl, Sunbeam Cage guy, withdrawal and that set 12 grim that gives -20 to AT and 0 Agi to two units along with rasam in soul along with Shelby-Song. Works pretty well, had a Dio control file return it's own units with dio only to forget that she depends on range.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
User avatar
Muklas
 
Posts: 602
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Hammer Soldier sucks.

Postby Anima13 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:33 am

Icyglare wrote:FHK bad during end game? Okay then, use Folrart Heavy Knight turn two, don't carry 3 copies of him. Anyone else has questions?


he is clearly a resting tank and belongs to early game when refess is field building. And he made me loose with wk against solar kingdom several times already..
No idea how other refess players play this game but thats exactly the way I would use him. Early game and no more then 2 copies.
User avatar
Anima13
 
Posts: 931
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 10:15 am
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron