Sprint #4 - A new type of shiny

Official News and Announcements

Re: Sprint #4 - A new type of shiny

Postby MysteryMan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:44 pm

Two plans to mitigate the log-out issues, both should be implemented tomorrow.

1) Greatly increase timeout times
2) Bounce the user to the new login page should they time out built to automatically log them back in. If the new login page is timed out as well (which can happen after a week or so of inactivity), it'll send the user back to the friendly main login page.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:44 pm

Tomorrow is thursday, which means alex should be able to start working on fixing the avatar bugs :)
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Meeting at Microsoft went well. The big takeaway was that all the IP restrictions we were concerned about are non-issue. So the new product suite will include Windows and Windows 8.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:46 pm

MysteryMan wrote:Two plans to mitigate the log-out issues, both should be implemented tomorrow.

2) Bounce the user to the new login page should they time out built to automatically log them back in. If the new login page is timed out as well (which can happen after a week or so of inactivity), it'll send the user back to the friendly main login page.

This is now live.

You should never see a blank iczer in the myiczer page again. The bug still may exist elsewhere (like in the shop) and I plan on implementing the same fix globally come monday.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:30 am

If I have time after fixing the underdog checker with the new achievement engine I may add a pauper card checker too.

The thought is I'd like to make a new 1* or 2* only arena in the not-so-distant-future (after auction house) as well as an arena with a rotating theme.

This would be done around the same time I'd improve the arena match ups.
MysteryMan

Postby CainHyde » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:11 am

MysteryMan wrote:If I have time after fixing the underdog checker with the new achievement engine I may add a pauper card checker too.

The thought is I'd like to make a new 1* or 2* only arena in the not-so-distant-future (after auction house) as well as an arena with a rotating theme.

This would be done around the same time I'd improve the arena match ups.

Idea for next April Mop card.

Legendary Heroes / MM

Sphere: Refess
Lv: 18

[Open] You win the game (0 SP)
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Callonia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:49 pm

MysteryMan wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:Two plans to mitigate the log-out issues, both should be implemented tomorrow.

This is now live.

You should never see a blank iczer in the myiczer page again. The bug still may exist elsewhere (like in the shop) and I plan on implementing the same fix globally come monday.

Sounds good to me, i hope i don't get bounced off after trying to save battle replay anymore I lost like 10 great ones x.x
Callonia

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:44 pm

Getting back on the achievement engine code. Here's an expected timeline:

- Get the code to support UD and DD tonight.
- Hook up the UI to the achievement code tomorrow.
- Give users under level 15 xp for the single player arena tomorrow night (using the shiny new UI)
- Scope out cost of adding beginner achievements tomorrow night (should be very low)
- Contact aaa-list webcomic contacts for making achievement icons tomorrow morning

I really want to get this done by tomorrow so I can focus on chat and finishing up the the new intro site next week. Chat is in slight danger of slipping to the first week of next sprint, which I don't want to happen.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:53 pm

All signed up for Windows Phone JumpStart on the 8th. Should have a fun time making a mobile version of the new File Editor.

While this obviously means it'll have windows phone specific features, it will be soon ported to droid and iphone soon after (thanks to phonegap).
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Alex and CSquared are working on fixing the avatar bugs :).
MysteryMan

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart