Icyman's Lawtia Rush I -- Resurgence of the Undeads

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Icyman's Lawtia Rush I -- Resurgence of the Undeads

Postby CainHyde » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:04 am

Jazzock wrote:I never thought of packing wounding sword as a tech and using it on shade to kill opens such as scout -> dryad :shock:

But it kinda hurt file that don't want their SS iczered too early. .___.
First enemy SS = Damage or Salamander open gonna allow enemy to double kill+free iczer time.
Though it's more likely that I should change my SS lineup instead. .___.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Anima13 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:53 am

Jazzock wrote:I never thought of packing wounding sword as a tech and using it on shade to kill opens such as scout -> dryad :shock:

I know this open against Cath even if it is probably not benefical with this soul set.

And this would be my question at icy : what do you think about using this open against cath owl open in general?
Anima13

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 am

to answer a couple of questions:
yes, dark confederation is very good vs lawtia mirrors. they never expect to be drained while they're playing shade. in addition it gets rid of one of their shade (or salamander or whatever) so you should have more sac units vs them.
shade shade sala is always superior to shade wounding open vs cath b/c you get to keep the sp pressure on. Also no way for falkow to get rid of your sac units.
yeah you need ss that don't mind triggering too early

I am also recommending using shade->wounding on kald and sunlit knight opens. I hate stalling refess snowballers so much.
Icyman2

Postby CainHyde » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:07 am

For undead, what kind of SS you think is the best?
Damage+SP gain/SP drain/Random multiple damage/Targetable damage/Removal/Buff?
There is no stopping it.
CainHyde

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:35 pm

CainHyde wrote:For undead, what kind of SS you think is the best?
Damage+SP gain/SP drain/Random multiple damage/Targetable damage/Removal/Buff?

control ss followed by a massive explosion :O
Icyman2

Postby Scientiafide » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:28 pm

Definitely agree with the fact that missing your shade open skills is a bad play, but I disagree with the idea that you need 3 shades to have a good lawtia rush. I feel that notion is very outdated, as there are tons of good lawtia lvl 2 tech cards now. You can definitely run a good lawtia rush with just 2 shades, 3 shades are not a necessity. I've actually run several good lawtia rushes with just 2 shades, and some games I've actually only played one due to it being more advantageous to play something else. Undeads can especially get away with it as they can use broken priest instead.

I've been playing undeads quite a bit recently in folrart, and as of this writing my current undead file is 23-4. It only uses 2 shades, does not use salamander (I find it to be a waste of an sp to increase gowen when lawtia has plenty of good tech cards), does not use death's embrace (not a fan of that card) and it uses skeleton archer. I'd also reject the notion that undeads are not viable somehow. I've faced a lot of this file type's weaknesses and still managed to win, including max hp hate cards like verlaat, talisman, Sergis SS, Francis, and attack immune cards like Mage soldiers and EX Mermaid. I've even beaten Gaiessoul abuse files with undead. I'd go as far as to say that lvl 3 undeads are not just viable; if played well, they're more than capable of being meta.

Anyway, I agree that Hellsmoke, shade (you only need 2 imo, 3 is a personal preference), EX CAK, Priestess of Madness (although you can use 2, 3 is not a necessity), broken priest, and Lich are all definitely necessary to make the best lvl 3 undead file possible. If you're lacking these cards, the file is not going to be meta. After that, it's a matter of personal preference. The other cards added as "must-haves" are certainly good options, but there are other cards that are just as good in this type of file.

As for SS lineup, I'd say you want a lineup that takes advantage of undead's strong field presence (due to not needing to revive), while taking advantage of their strong return from cemetery abilities (so a little extra lp in the end compared to other rushes).

Scientiafide

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:02 pm

strong field presence lol
i think we have different definitions
Icyman2

Postby Scientiafide » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:43 pm

Icyman2 wrote:strong field presence lol
i think we have different definitions

Well I meant it in terms of how good a unit is at holding the field. In the case of undeads, they're one of the best at remaining on the field since they don't cost sp to revive, killing them doesn't close them, and they can retrieve copies from the cemetery. I'm aware a lot of people would define good field presence based on stats and abilities (ie how effective the unit is on the field) but I honestly don't know how else to describe this type of ability undead units possess (and other units that can be described similarly).

Scientiafide

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 pm

perhaps you should have packed a salamander and a 3rd shade that match against diondora huh? bet you had a hard time triggering your 2 lp 4th ss with 3 sac units.
Icyman2

Postby CainHyde » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:07 pm

Don't anything but Gowen will have problem against Dio+Bule?
There is no stopping it.
CainHyde

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum