Icyman's Ultimate Tank Tourney (TIER 2)

Here is where you can start, join or learn about Community Tournaments, a great way to earn cards and prizes.

Icyman's Ultimate Tank Tourney (TIER 2)

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:23 pm

Registration is Closed

Introduction
. Have you ever been to Folrart and see Beast King / Rivera, Brave Hero / Dilate, Mad Beast / Dandan, and Dragon Slayer / Bringer on the field? Wait what? Dragon Slayer / Bringer? Gowen, Refess, all the spheres have this problem where they pack way too many range 1 units into their file. Range probably isn't even thought of as a valuable stat. Everyone thinks I'll just hit through the tanks and field wipe every time or I'll just tank everything and let counters wear my opponent down. This is a common mistake in filebuilding (and in part due to fail designing and not having a choice if you're playing certain subtypes).
. Most files have a way to deal with tanks. In fact, some of the best files have expert tanking abilities. Mavel's legendary command dolls that got him the highest recorded rp was successful because he used shades and hellsmoke as tank while he filled up his ranged units. Notice something about that? You always have space for 2 shades in the front and have a phenomenal chance of it getting hit and triggering your soul. The front line tank hellsmoke... it doesn't even matter if he gets 1 shot or killed since he doesn't cost anything to revive. In fact, he's basically "cannon" fodder to absorb damage. We'll ignore the later scarlet rose drop in that file for the sake of my argument.
. So your task is to create a file that plays much like mavel's file. This is to get you used to playing using free revives and spirits/sacs as tanks, and understand the power of ranged units.

Time
Saturday, February 9th 10:00 pm EST
I'm going to be strict about the time. If you aren't there 5 minutes after the start time, you will be replaced and/or disqualified.

Restrictions (Allowed)
Souls:
Only 1* 2* cards or cards from the newest starters--don't want anyone doing funny business with mildreo ss
In addition, all souls with a revive effect are allowed.
Rasfel b/c exist asked.

Grims:
All grims

Units:
Units with 2+ range after rankup and level 5 or lower.
Up to 3 copies of 1 free revive or a close that fully restores hp (this is an exception basically).
Units with level 2 or lower and hp 20 or lower.
Teleportation Soldier
Sorcerer Monk
Mayleen
Griffin
(If you think any other units have rng 1 but are often placed in row 2 or 3, then tell me and I might approve)

Banned (Exceptions)
Ruler of Crest / Eskatia
Princess of the Key / Emana
Falkow cards with subtype: wyvern
Timestop
30 attack / 30 defense souls

Tourney Specifics
Double elimination: You have to be defeated twice to be eliminated except in the final match.
Final is best of 1. That means that the player from the higher bracket does not have an advantage during the final match. It is "winners takes all."
You can switch files and opens in between matches at any time. You do not need to email us your changed file. However, you are responsible if it violates one of the rules listed above.

Example of Low Rarity File
High rarity files like EX Mystere are also viable.

Prizes
1st – 50 Gran, 18 Point Cards
2nd – 18 Point Cards
Runner’s Up (3rd to 5th) – 5 Point Cards
All Other Participants - 3 Point CardsT
Alternates that did not participate - 2 Point Cards

How to Sign Up
Just post here saying what you want ot be
Last edited by Icyman2 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:07 am, edited 31 times in total.
Icyman2

Re: Icyman's Ultimate Tank Tourney (Tier 1 or 2)

Postby sunbunman » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:12 pm

Sign me up
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Kouseo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:27 pm

All aboard! Need to make up for missing out last time.
Kouseo

Postby Khiruki » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:03 pm

I sent in my entry file. Just let me know if it wasn't received.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Jazzock » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:37 pm

Sign me up as Assi- oh you did already. Icy, I advise making it start at around 9PM as there is a concern that it may run too late.
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Re: Icyman's Ultimate Tank Tourney (TIER 2)

Postby aznsoul4 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Sign me up!
aznsoul4
aznsoul4

Postby idol » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:03 am

Time fits my schedule, I'm in!
idol
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby sunbunman » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:00 am

Sent file, but might make small changes depending on how i feel about it
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:42 pm

Just a reminder. You're not officially registered until you've sent me your file. (I saw at least 4 ppl delete their entry after they've realized, lol) Currently I only have 3 files from sunbunman, kouseo, and ruki. This is
1. something you have to do anyways
2. a free file check serviced to you so you don't get disqualified on the first round
3. reduce the number of ppl who sign up, take up slots, and then don't show up. filter out the ppl who are serious about joining

ah yeah i should mention alts don't need to send me files. should put that up there.
if I somehow mess up and jazz messes up and approves your file when it is not valid, then for the sake of the tourney, it is legitimate.

Also note that refugee citizens and haste soldier do not count toward the 1 free revive only restriction. This is b/c they are both level 2 or under and hp 20 or under.
Icyman2

Postby Aoi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:23 am

So that means skeleton archer, and skeleton warrior doesn't fall under that restriction too?
ImageImage
Aoi

Next

Return to Community Tournaments