Help Out a Falkow Nubbie

Strategies and Card File Construction

Help Out a Falkow Nubbie

Postby Khiruki » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:32 am

So I was kinda bored and looking for something to play, when I realized that I really haven't played much as far as Falkow rushes go. So I chose a tribe at random, and decided to make a Deep Ones file.

First thing I noticed was that file space was really tight. I ended up just taking the field snowballers and the open skill Deep Ones, and EX Mermaid and Faytis for both an opening tank and Character fodder. As far as grimoires went, I had no clue where to stuff them, so I just put in a single tidal for emergency removals or something.

Went into Folrart. First game was against Augments.

http://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/repla ... b016537e6c

To be honest, the win was through a whole lot of luck with both Overdose and Grudge missing EX Mermaid. I messed up a couple times, but got quite lucky with some rolls. The problem is, the file seems off. It feels like a blue Refess file. Any tips/advice? Play tips?
ImageImage
Khiruki

Re: Help Out a Falkow Nubbie

Postby sunbunman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:09 am

Do you have shecas or the key emana? Also triple rasam ss wtf :lol:

I'd change SS to emana - emana - shelby - song - anchor

You wouldn't need 3 faytis... ever maybe just 2x faytis and 1x mof cause lvl 4 unit spam needs sp

Just a personal thing sylph -> undine cause there are times when you'd want to revive the great spirit.

I'd swap out the deep ones in the bottom for shecas if you have him, if not then you need to find a way to deal with defence stacking or refess in general, perhaps trade out oeste and sylph for 2x flying girls for field disruption to render tanks useless.
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Khiruki » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:20 am

sunbunman wrote:Do you have shecas or the key emana? Also triple rasam ss wtf :lol:
I have one Shecas, and no Emana. The Rasams were just me being lazy.

I'd change SS to emana - emana - shelby - song - anchor
No Emana, no Shelby.

You wouldn't need 3 faytis... ever maybe just 2x faytis and 1x mof cause lvl 4 unit spam needs sp
I had 3 Faytis simply because she could serve as character food for Ebreenu or as a generic mermaid. Meaning of Failure... with that +2SP soul, I don't think I had SP issues at any point.

Just a personal thing sylph -> undine cause there are times when you'd want to revive the great spirit.
True.

I'd swap out the deep ones in the bottom for shecas if you have him, if not then you need to find a way to deal with defence stacking or refess in general, perhaps trade out oeste and sylph for 2x flying girls for field disruption to render tanks useless.
Defense stacking... Honestly, all I have for that is to snowball AT more. Not the most elegant solution. Flying girls may be nice though.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:21 am

Khiruki wrote:It feels like a blue Refess file. Any tips/advice? Play tips?

Well, how does your file win? It looks to me like the plan is to slow the pace of the game down with your rasam SS' and then get your combo units down and rely on that unit combo group to win. So, yeah it looks to me like a bad Refess file. Not that there's anything wrong with that, though.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Anima13 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:36 am

Khiruki wrote:The problem is, the file seems off. It feels like a blue Refess file. Any tips/advice? Play tips?

I find this comment very funny :D Simply because I am the opinion Mermaids ARE a blue refess file.
Mermaids have
-zero ability to make use of any sp advantage you have in any other way then field presence.
-are tanky and have attack power issues on their own. the only way to overcome is via combo units (shecas, human spear, emana) or buffer units like metia, balzelda.
- full of defensive tricks (revive, heal, attackimmunity, engage, gosh even Max hp increase)

I doubt they will ever feel like a typical falkow file. This said how about trying to make it like a real refess file? after all I dont remember any refess files with triple rasam :D
Anima13

Postby AquasFire3 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:08 pm

Have you thought of using mermaids with open skills like mermaid sorceress it can help you engage level 4 with open skill and can be sacrificial for your deep ones.so i think might be smart add a few mermaids with open skills you can spam for field advantage. since deep ones don't have room for any grimores.
AquasFire3

Postby angelspawns » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:14 pm

I recently tried a few fights with them. Defenetly not an easy tribe... i think maybe the hardest file in Alteil to do right. There's so much happening in your Cemetery. DeepOnes sending Mermaids from Cem->Removed zone, a Deep One for retrieving RemovedZone->Cem, a Deep One that sends anything Character from Cem->RemovedZone, and a Deep One that sends DeepOnes from Cem->File. (The last 2 actually work against eachother, but are both needed in certain matchups) And then there's the little annoyance of DeepOnes like CarrierOfJustice/Ebreenu using up all aviable Mermaids before Metia can fieldbuff.

As for them playing like Refess, there are actually 2 choices to be made: Play CarrierOfJustice opening or use an opening with Mermaids. One plays very agressively (like a Gowen rush) and the other more Passive (like Refess).

I prefer the "refess" route.
You're playing a rush that needs multiple units out to become good (some even being Lvl4). That means you need SP and time to buildup. Mermaids can stall alot better. Losing their copies isn't a problem either.
Carrier of Justice trades a slow & passive early game for alot more agression. You'll also burn through your units, filespace and CemmedMermaids faster. Depending on the matchup this may or may not be the wiser choice...

In both cases Ebreenu is an easy 1st choice to get out after your opening. Carrier [Lost One] worked better for me lategame to keep the fuel up. More then that i can't really tell you. I do have a replay against a typical Set11 Verlaat file that may be fun to watch for ideas: https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/audi ... a734cc2244
angelspawns

Postby Jazzock » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:16 pm

Firstly, mermaids in general play like some strange mix between refess and gowen (mainly refess though).

Have you tried opening with Mermaid Girl Sorc or jewel of the deep sea? Potentially powerful open could be Jewel -> Undine/owl/tidal -> Faytis/Shufas/Emana and maybe even play the other one. That alone can probably take on many other files and if they die well, who cares? they're food for you're deep ones anyway. I'd swap out Oeste too for something, maybe another owl sage.

You should probably remove 1-2 faytis and add Mof/mermaid transformation( if you decide to try the above open).

Also SP+2 -> Rasam ss is fine, but you probably will need a removal of some sort.

Agreed with bunbun on swapping out carrier of justice with shecas. If you do i'd probably remove the lvl 2 one with the grimcount soul and add Singer of love? (i think, the level 2 one with the engage ability).

Then again, Deep ones are a file I'm not very good so... I'll call in the one that does.

GADU where's your expertise? on boob files
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby idol » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:09 pm

If you are to open Mermaids and let them die out, I would suggest following opens:

1. Mer Girl Sorc -> Shield -> transform -> Shefes -> repeat
Use Sorc to engage enemies and transform to do some good atk early
Vulnerable to returns and hard to activate SS
2. Jew -> then push out LV3 Merms -> Merms/ Deeps
If you have Faytis in mind, this would be a better fit.

And yeah now u guys mentioned, Mermaid really feels like a Refess file, most of games I won is by outnumbering oppo.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby gadu » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:43 am

Jazzock wrote:GADU where's your expertise? on boob files

I'll admit, I do enjoy playing with boobs. :D

It's unfortunate Khiruki only has 2 Metias. She's a key card for the tribe along with Shecas if you want Meta Boobs.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm not a fan of Justice. If you disrespect your boobs like that, they will not come to you in your time of need. The only time I've seen Justice open be a consistently good move is when it was paired with Miffy SS and I personally don't like playing with gimicks like that, but Khiruki might like it since she's tried bringing back GMB. ;)

The hardest part of making a booby file is that space is really tight especially between the huge boobs and there's a lot of diversity to choose from.

I prefer to be conservative and not use Deep Ones whose Mermaid removal skills you can't control (besides Metia) because there are often clutch turns where if you don't have dead boobs to utilize, you lose the match. To emphasize again, this is because I prefer consistent success over a broad range of matches.

I've advocated many times the "auto" Deep Ones are bad design, but it falls on deaf ears. That's why they need OP Lost One for the tribe to even function at a basic level. I would say at most, you should choose no more than 2 Deep ones that have auto removals and one of them is going to be Metia.

For Khiruki's file, without modifying too much, I would remove:

3 Justice, Oest, Undine, Sylph, 1 Faytis

Add: 2 Owl sages, 2 Return, 3 copies of another unit of Khiruki's choice. Depending on the unit, you might have to tech some other cards.

Like with any file, the opening moves are extremely important. It entirely depends on which Mermaids you choose to use. Idol mentioned a really good one (except it was backwards: should be Shield -> L1 Maid -> Shufas) and Icyman has another strong one, but it's multisphere. Mine is Bard, Refugee, L3.

Ask any questions and remember, believe in the boobs! 8-)
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum