Sprint #4 - A new type of shiny

Official News and Announcements

Re: Sprint #4 - A new type of shiny

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:30 pm

Upgrading the new environment to make use of appfabric cache. This is a cache that exists between the sql server and the main server.

It's generally easy to scale out the web servers but not the database server (without switching to a nosql solution). This reduces the load on the database significantly by placing it on a scalable cache.

It also should have the side effect of some code taking fractions of a second instead of minutes, but that's not the real intent (in fact, it's O.K. if it slows down some stuff) - the idea is to have a constant response time on the servers regardless if there is one user on or ten thousand users on.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:32 pm

The videos are going underderway now. We've got some voice actor/actress stuff in. Sounds pretty badass.

GGG is working difficult on new images for the sales site.

ThatDave is getting his learn on. (Training sessions good)
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:33 pm

Logress is sick but still working. I don't think he has a "not working" mode.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:38 pm

Making use of the Telerik Ultimate licenses donated by LIDNUG. It is awesome. We'll still have to buy a second license once we make our next developer hiring push.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:44 am

Vadym has upgraded some of the servers to a more recent infrastructure.
MysteryMan

Postby hexagram » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:23 pm

+1 work on hiding level by default. New guys too intimidated going agaisnt 100+ and 200+ level people. Maybe introduce some kind of additonal stat instead like the rp of the individual file/ win rate of the individual file- if atleast 10 matches or something.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:01 pm

MysteryMan wrote:The thought is I'd like to make a new 1* or 2* only arena in the not-so-distant-future (after auction house) as well as an arena with a rotating theme.

It would be nice if you could make new arenas with different card limitations. One thing that really sucks about Alteil is that the meta doesn't change that much and can sometimes make the game feel stale. I mean I can recall instances in the past where the same 4 or 5 meta files remained dominant for over a years worth of time. If you could make different arenas with unique regulations that would certainly spice things up as players would have to discover what the meta is for that given environment.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby MysteryMan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:02 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:The thought is I'd like to make a new 1* or 2* only arena in the not-so-distant-future (after auction house) as well as an arena with a rotating theme.

It would be nice if you could make new arenas with different card limitations. One thing that really sucks about Alteil is that the meta doesn't change that much and can sometimes make the game feel stale. I mean I can recall instances in the past where the same 4 or 5 meta files remained dominant for over a years worth of time. If you could make different arenas with unique regulations that would certainly spice things up as players would have to discover what the meta is for that given environment.

Investigating this will be a priority next sprint.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:33 am

Created job postings for frontend developers.

Are you an HTML5/CSS3/JavaScript/JQurey frontend dev looking to get paid to work on a game? Do you want to work with art assets made by people who created your favorite shows, such as Hellboy and Blood?

If so, Apocoplay is looking for a front end developer. Apply today!

https://www.odesk.com/o/jobs/job/HTML5- ... 200c90420/
MysteryMan

Postby idol » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:58 pm

So, the crest seems dead, very dead.
I see in the sprint you mention about different arena with different restrictions,
but instead of spreading people out, why not help new comers.

Is it possible to let veterans go back to crest, but give them limits on files?
such as 2* or below only, or even shielded cards only.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart