Help Out a Falkow Nubbie

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Help Out a Falkow Nubbie

Postby Jazzock » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:23 am

off topic but -> Gadu, you never cease to make me lol :lol:
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby idol » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:12 am

Well Gadu u can just refer him to this thread:
http://alteil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7206&start=300&sid=9920e33de4b0c9fcb6f489ef2d4a546d

Also I basically killed the thread after posting my file:
http://alteil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7206&start=360&sid=9920e33de4b0c9fcb6f489ef2d4a546d
The file is actually 70% in last 10 games.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby gadu » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:59 am

Regarding "Blue Refess files..."

Before Set 9, Deep Ones were not viable for play and you could only build a Mermaid file. Looking at Mermaid skills, it's pure offense. Essentially, the tribe was a Blue Gowen file and still is today.

When the new Deep Ones came out, the file evolved into an engage control Blue file.

Sheacs, Lost One, Love, Mermaid Sorc. errata made open engage SP free, along with L1 Mermaid errata added another engage skill. I've even splashed Hunter Rosa into the file. Her huge boobs rival sea cow boobs. :shock:

It's possible to put your opponent into an engage lock and standby every turn while Ebreenu buffs Deep One's HP until your units are too strong to overpower. This is made easier with the new Ex Boobs which can cover your units from attack.

There you have a Deep Ones control file. It's kind of like Refess, but focused more around Falkow mechanics and tricks like moving engaged units to other slots, and of course return, so I would still call it Blue Falkow file.

There is a problem that prevents this kind of strategy from being really good, instead of average. Because you have no control over most Deep Ones skills, it often forces you to attack, thus giving your opponent a chance to counter, rather than being able to just pressing "standby" until your field is unbeatable like most control files are.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum