WHY NO MORE PREBUILTS?

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: WHY NO MORE PREBUILTS?

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:42 pm

They keep doing what they've been doing meanwhile the playerbase isn't growing, current players are slowly quitting, and new players are almost non-existent.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby angelspawns » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:16 pm

gadu wrote:
Logress wrote: On the down side, pretty much the entire month of sales happened on EX launch and Black Friday, and those kind of extremes can be worrisome.

All regular sales still suck because nothing has changed in the shop.

When better sales like Black Friday arrived, it seems nobody bought the regular crap and everybody bought the better sales.

When Pre-builts arrived, everybody bought the better sales and once again ignored the regular crap.

Perhaps the problem lies with the regular crap and if the landscape changed as was promised, but still undelivered, maybe it would be possible to reintroduce the pre-builts.

+1
angelspawns

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:36 pm

angelspawns wrote:
gadu wrote:
Logress wrote: On the down side, pretty much the entire month of sales happened on EX launch and Black Friday, and those kind of extremes can be worrisome.

All regular sales still suck because nothing has changed in the shop.

When better sales like Black Friday arrived, it seems nobody bought the regular crap and everybody bought the better sales.

When Pre-builts arrived, everybody bought the better sales and once again ignored the regular crap.

Perhaps the problem lies with the regular crap and if the landscape changed as was promised, but still undelivered, maybe it would be possible to reintroduce the pre-builts.

+1

+1
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:09 pm

I think one of the problem is, I just don't like the prebuilts that's currently going on the sale. And i haven't' even bought a single one of them, only one that would give me new cards or finish playsets is the carbuncle and wizard kingdom one.

And i don't like both buncles/wk on principle. :roll: Wait I forgot, I did buy a prebuilt once, It was the verlaat one from the jp GM guy in gamepot. That was a good prebuilt, only bought it to get the playset of verlaat for once and all.
Callonia

Postby hexagram » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Is it possible to make alteil a facebook game. Or make a simplified version on facebook that directs people to this game on finishing.

Also can host a mini version of game/demo on websites like kongregate/ mochi games?

Also I notice the demo has been removed.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby shadowsketch » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:19 pm

hexagram wrote:Is it possible to make alteil a facebook game. Or make a simplified version on facebook that directs people to this game on finishing.

Also can host a mini version of game/demo on websites like kongregate/ mochi games?

Also I notice the demo has been removed.

If MysteryMan follows through with the update plan, the game will shift from Flash to HTML5 using KendoUI, in short increasing the number of platforms this game can run on.
shadowsketch

Postby InfamousMitsuhide » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:48 pm

i don't see why apocoplay would lose money on prebuilts. Does it cost money to make them? Does it cost money to put one up permanently? I really thought prebuilts were really popular... I don't understand how you guys could lose money on it. The only thing you guys are losing are opportunities for people to keep dumping their cash on random pulls. Are you saying you would rather gain money from dishonest means like forcing players to buy random cards over and over?

Can you tell us in more detail the costs of making prebuilts? I just don't buy the fact that you've stopped making them because you lose money on them.
InfamousMitsuhide

Postby idol » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:31 am

I somehow think if they give the regular items a perm discount some day, ppl would rain to Logress for refunds.

Pre-builts were great, but the 500 gran pricing seems off. Thats a 66% off, wow even better than Black Friday sales.

Anyway, if it's against a card game's business model to sell fix cards. Like I mentioned in other posts:
Update faction packs! Make new faction packs!
Limited card pool with RNG, how bout that?
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby Icyglare » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:29 am

InfamousMitsuhide wrote:i don't see why apocoplay would lose money on prebuilts. Does it cost money to make them? Does it cost money to put one up permanently? I really thought prebuilts were really popular... I don't understand how you guys could lose money on it. The only thing you guys are losing are opportunities for people to keep dumping their cash on random pulls. Are you saying you would rather gain money from dishonest means like forcing players to buy random cards over and over?

Can you tell us in more detail the costs of making prebuilts? I just don't buy the fact that you've stopped making them because you lose money on them.

They sell their regular items too and when prebuilts go up, the sales for their regular items go down by a lot.
-
The largest influx of new players I have ever seen was the Miku event and those were 50 dolla boxes yo.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Scientiafide » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:47 pm

I don't think people would complain if they lowered prices, including those who have already spent a lot of money on this game. Also, the only physical card games that have survived using this type of model are the big ones that are already established (Magic, Yugioh, etc). Pretty much every other TCG has died out. The reason for that is because most players feel that if they're going to spend a lot of money playing a game, it's probably going to be one of the aforementioned large successful games. The big mistake any type of new TCG could make is to follow Magic's model, and therefor directly compete with it.

A prime example of this would be one of the many Fantasy Flight CCGs. Every single one of them wasn't making money until they converted into their LCG format, which releases predetermined cards in boxed sets (ie no randomization whatsoever). This was around 6 years ago if I'm not mistaken, and these games are still going strong. In comparison, if you look at the new TCGs with a traditional format that were released around that time, you'll see that none of them are in the market anymore.

As for the miku event, it probably was pretty good advertising (hence the huge influx of new players), but clearly most of those players did not stick around. They probably left due to the outrageous prices.

I'd say the best course of action would be to plan a date for a huge advertising campaign, and to switch to a non-random sales model prior to said campaign.

Scientiafide

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau