Sprint #4 - A new type of shiny

Official News and Announcements

Re: Sprint #4 - A new type of shiny

Postby Anima13 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:42 am

idol wrote:So, the crest seems dead, very dead.
I see in the sprint you mention about different arena with different restrictions,
but instead of spreading people out, why not help new comers.

Is it possible to let veterans go back to crest, but give them limits on files?
such as 2* or below only, or even shielded cards only.

Yes please I have mentioned this some times already in my posts. If you manage to change the exp script a bit for crest and let us high lvls go back there with limited fm card pools or something, it would be very helpful for the newbees (OR as alternative, make the newbee fights in the new arena granted tb, but still that dont solve the issue they would lvl too fast)

Also I would like to point out that if you create a 1*2* arena the only thing it would be good for is, that finally people understand, how many field/combo oriented decks are relying on a few ridiculusly strong cards to work which balance out the overall weakness of the cards and how field oriented decks seriosuly lack good stalling soul alternatives for rasam.
Do mermaids, serpent, en work without their high rarity cards? How does lawtia rush and wk perform without good sp drain souls? For me it looks like this would be just a bash fest of standalone units and bigs.
So I would say if you seriosuly consider creating an other arena (especially while we are so few and crest problem still existing) pease consider to change its rules lets say every 2 months or so, else it will be just an other boring meta pretty soon.
Anima13

Postby MysteryMan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:48 pm

Vadym and his staff are upgrading our network (for new development code this time) - improved web server farm, improved appfabric cache farm, creating test network.

Alex and CSQuared are still working on fixing the Avatar editor.

I'm putting the achievement engine online in test - but have two bugs that need to be fixed first.

Making custom arenas will be a high priority of future sprints. Sprints are written in stone once they are started (barring critical bugs like the UD issues) but this will most likely happen within the next couple sprints.
MysteryMan

Postby tropireno » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:25 am

I like these constant updates. Its a nice change from the last sprint.
tropireno

Postby MysteryMan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:31 pm

Small surprise coming in an hour or so.

Most of the day in my end was administrative.

ThatDave is doing research and getting his learn on.

Logress worked on the surprise.

CSQuared and Alex are still working on the avatar manager. Am going to ask them for an update tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning is sifting through dozens of resumes as my cats get spayed.

GGG made some real nice stuff for the new advertising site.

Then doing stuff to make sure financials match up.

Then meeting other developers to network. Most importantly, Seth Sivak will be there. Hopefully will have a chance to pick his brain.

If there's time before I go to bed I'm going to automate clearing battles every friday.

I may change the 6:30am downtime to a weekly thing instead of a daily thing.

Meanwhile various members of Vadym's staff are improving the infrastructure as requested. Not sure what we'd do without them. Also improving inventory management and proactive risk notification (such as getting an sms if a server's about to run out of HD space).
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:01 pm

The small surprise was a couple new ex cards. Logress is adding them to the shop as we speak.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:01 am

Looks like there was a small error with the ex update that messed up one of the Flash Media Servers.

Needed to reboot the machine which kicked about 13 people off. Sorry about that.

To state the obvious, this type of thing won't happen when we move over to the new new architecture.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:57 am

MM and Training Arena look like they are back to normal now.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:09 pm

We've got a new developer to help us with architectural design. Worked with him in the past on enterprise level stuff (we wrote software to monitor the health of various multi-billion dollar financial accounts together).

This is separate from the dozens of resumes I have to shift through today.

As for long term plans for C# devs, the plan is to have alex transition over once he is done with the avatar manager stuff.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:25 pm

Reminded my cousin that I could use some contacts form MIT Media labs (I couldn't talk too long because she was about to head to class to teach UX design at another University).

Will also most likely network for UX contacts tonight at Lean Gaming Development event at Microsoft as well.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:34 pm

Still working on hiring stuff instead of coding. But this is for the front end web developers.
MysteryMan

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart