Chaos absorption too good(editmaybenot)aka set 11 in general

User suggestions to improve the game

Chaos absorption too good(editmaybenot)aka set 11 in general

Postby hexagram » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:00 pm

Needs to be changed from japan version.

too good in a file destruction file. Multisphereing too easy so multiple sphere handicap not enough.

Maybe 3sp cost /. Self grim locks ?

Also maybe remove ability to remove opponents units from grave

Lots of files pack this grim as it is so could. My 3 cards cancel 6 of your cards gl with fighting me with 1/4 of your file gone for 1/8 of mine. Dedicated file destruction / hyprid files are super strong using it.

Your thoughts.........

for gon.
one card trade for 2 for a cost of 2sp. Combined with the other cards in file destrution it can easily empty the opponents file.Even moreso it removes opponets carrds from grave so works verses stuff like undead very well. More so than this removing opponents card is extra good when combined with miffyre soul skill possibly to fund death maker for the field wipe needed to win. Then if you field wipe opponent once you win.

Possibly on its own it is not op but in a dedicated file destruction file in conjuction with other cards like sumer &fellena which is also a 2 for 1 trade, and simulacrum of annarose(surprise surprise another set 11 card) which can stall and file destruct it is op. Plus the usual 3sp soul skill generator( to fund sp to spam grim) and triple engage ss to stall. Very little reason to not pack triple rasam or the like as it helps most files.

While I am at it set 11 is too strong especially since it was free and power creeps all other sets. This would be fine it future sets were similarly op but set12 was more balanced.It needs to be seriously balanced. nerf set 11 especially maybe only soul skills as it was too good as it was a japan copy and since many people have a playset no reason to spend. Also alienates any new players or those who missed it for some reason.
Last edited by hexagram on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:48 am, edited 8 times in total.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Re: Chaos absorption too good

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Why is it too good? You didn't really explain why this card crosses the line between good and overpowered.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Re: Chaos absorption too good aka set 11 in general

Postby hexagram » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:46 pm

see above gon. what you think agree/disagree?

Thoughts from other guys/girls

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

hexagram

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:05 pm

You could write a similar story about any good card in any good file. Like if that argument is grounds for calling a card OP, then you could construct a similar argument for at least 50 other cards.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby hexagram » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:50 pm

so all/many cards op = balance

guess they only nerf stuff if people constantly abuse it or it is super high rp and not too many people play file destruction.

but seriously set 11 has upped the bar and power creeps the other sets I think especially in soul skills

side notealso folrart psycho soldier is strong but maybe needs a slight changeit should atleast drain 1 sp at the beginning of next turn even it it does not work to go in line with other removal soul skills.

hexagram

Postby Icyglare » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:09 pm

Well.... hmm.... I'll side with Gon on this one. A lot of topics appear where, "I lost to X, nerf it"

But that cemetery to out of game isn't really the problem, it's trading 1 card for 2 right? Out of all card removal cards, this is probably the top of the line because it's instant and can't be countered by cemetery retrieval.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Scientiafide » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:38 am

You need to establish why it's 2 for 1 effect at the cost of 2 sp is OP, otherwise it's not a strong argument. There are a lot of other grims that currently offer card advantage in a similar manner, often times with field advantage added in to boot.

Scientiafide

Postby Anima13 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:29 am

Ani's analysis of Chaos absorbtion (sorry I couldn't stopp myself)

A from perspective of card destruction

A1 Chaos absorbiton is in terms of sp efficiency is balanced

This has been long established by the other gowen and lawtia card destruction cards and 1 hitters. 1 sp for 1 card. From this point of view 2 sp for 2 cards is balanced.

A2 Chaos absorbtion is in terms of sphere location is surprising but only for the first sight

When I first saw this card I was surprised. I would have expected such a card to be in a gowen multisphere but not in falkow lawtia. On a second sight though if I see the multi annarose cards performing card destruction It appears, this is a a new development for lawtia falkow and those cards require other card of similar quality to be more efficient.

A3 Chaos absorbtion is in terms of turn efficiency is a shift of power

Until now card destruction had a clear rule from this perspective: 1 turn - 1 card. be it the players turn via grim/openskill, or the units turn via an action/close.
Chaos absorbtion clearly takes a step further and allows to get 2 cards in 1 turn. This is clearly a discussable but It should also be mentioned that we got some development also in terms of card retreaval not long ago (Lady of Conflict / Annarose).

B from perspective of cemetary removal

Chaos absorbtion clearly dominates cemetary removal. There is barely any other card that would be this efficient turn vise and sp wise in this task in addition to performing card destruction. Also in this respect chaos absorbtion is a shift of power. But it also has to be mentioned that card destruction without cemetary removal is weak to cemetary retreaval and this has been a clear issue for card destruction for a long time (beside the obvious lack of field and sp but thats ok card destruction has another goal). The question arises why lawtia-falkow card destruction gets this issue solved right at the begining of its development, while gowen card destruction not.
Anima13

Postby hexagram » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:38 am

super easy to multisphere anyway with proxies

and now moxies which give psuedo +2sp. Almost no reason now not to use moxies unless you make a pure sphere file and even then they are very good units for level 1s.

OK I change my mind chaos absorption is very good but probably not op.

I played it myself but maybe I lack the right cards to really exploit it.
Last edited by hexagram on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hexagram

Postby Ethikx » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Counter Argument: Grim bane shuts down file destruction, better nerf that too.

Chaos Absorption isn't OP, it was a breath of life into a nearly dead playstyle.
Ethikx

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau