Sprint #4 - A new type of shiny

Official News and Announcements

Re: Sprint #4 - A new type of shiny

Postby MysteryMan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:32 am

While most of the staff plans, scopes, and does the normal Monday/Tuesday/Wed administrative stuff (development is on Thursday, Friday, Sat Sun), GGG is having her staff work on new html pages.

Vadym's staff is also working away. They put the AppFabric Cache online, which I am going to verify tonight.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:34 am

NEMO struck hard but did not cause as big a delay as we were expecting. No week long power outages, just some stolen time.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:45 am

We are finishing up patching the holes from the last sprint from a process perspective.

Our artists are gaining velocity and producing the front end pages so it's more than just html. Expect to see links to them as they are created, starting Friday. I'd love to hear feedback when I do.

Next Sprint starts Friday. All future sprints will be 2 weeks and there should be no downtime between future sprints. Smaller tasks that are easier to deliver and easy to prove.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:47 am

Have the privilege of being invited to a networking event hosted by some big dogs (such as the co-founder and CEO of Akamai) today. Will take full advantage of it.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:48 am

As per request, will make intro video as well as post when sprint 5 starts.
MysteryMan

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:21 pm

MysteryMan wrote:We are finishing up patching the holes from the last sprint from a process perspective.

Our artists are gaining velocity and producing the front end pages so it's more than just html. Expect to see links to them as they are created, starting Friday. I'd love to hear feedback when I do.

Next Sprint starts Friday. All future sprints will be 2 weeks and there should be no downtime between future sprints. Smaller tasks that are easier to deliver and easy to prove.

I remember Logress once saying your contract on the cards ends with set 14 and you might need artists after that. Did you hire these artists also for any cards past set 14 or what?
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:09 pm

I am configuring Telerik Team Pulse today and tomorrow morning this will allow me provide information such as the following.

- A long term plan divided into two week sprints
- Granular details on our velocity
- Detailed requirements and approval conditions for tasks
- Pointing a lantern on hinderances to progress
- Much more

I'm also moving to a new model. I need to get the rest of the developer's opinion on this, but the idea will be "X will be released in two weeks." "What features will be in it?" "We'll find out in two weeks." In other words, the time will be static and the tasks of a feature will be completed in order of priority.
MysteryMan

Previous

Return to Castle Folrart