Nerf return - thought experiment

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Nerf return - thought experiment

Postby gadu » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:48 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Alright seems like 90% of the community has abandoned ship. Well, for those who remain, what if return got a -1 falkow sphere level nerf? Would this be a good change or a bad change? What would folrart be like? What would be the new meta? What would be viable?

I'd like to see what the new meta & Folrart would be like if Return got the -1 sphere nerf and Wrath got the buff so it doesn't give -1 sphere.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Anima13 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:55 am

gadu wrote:
GonFreeces31 wrote:Alright seems like 90% of the community has abandoned ship. Well, for those who remain, what if return got a -1 falkow sphere level nerf? Would this be a good change or a bad change? What would folrart be like? What would be the new meta? What would be viable?

I'd like to see what the new meta & Folrart would be like if Return got the -1 sphere nerf and Wrath got the buff so it doesn't give -1 sphere.

sunbunman wrote:That nerf wouldn't change anything, falkow isn't anywhere near top meta anymore and that nerf would probably make fellanna or aria or multiple rasam SS a must have to build any falkow files.

falkow is not meta. only returning units like dio is meta. dio is not return. wake up ppl.
Anima13

Postby angelspawns » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:12 pm

One argument was their advantagious early game (+1 on Cath/Ariette, +1 on Tidal, 1SP>2SP with Owl). What's bothering me the most though isn't the balance question. It's the fact only a very small portion of the playerbase enjoys the mechanic. A large portion (including people PLAYING it) been driven downright frustrated by its existence. Nothing feels lamer then "click to remove" effects. There is no fun in that concept, no challenge nor skill in its execution. One side spended multiple turns planning and trying to build up to something, and the other side simply "clicked to remove" that strategy at the start of a turn.

It creates lame games that only a very few find enjoyable. And THAT's something of a bigger concern.
angelspawns

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:23 pm

Maybe part of it is that either a) there isn't enough counter play, or b) people have trouble seeing what the counter play is.

For example although counterspell was frustrating to play against, MtG was hugely successful and included tons of "annoying" cards.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:26 pm

angelspawns wrote:One argument was their advantagious early game (+1 on Cath/Ariette, +1 on Tidal, 1SP>2SP with Owl). What's bothering me the most though isn't the balance question. It's the fact only a very small portion of the playerbase enjoys the mechanic. A large portion (including people PLAYING it) been driven downright frustrated by its existence. Nothing feels lamer then "click to remove" effects. There is no fun in that concept, no challenge nor skill in its execution. One side spended multiple turns planning and trying to build up to something, and the other side simply "clicked to remove" that strategy at the start of a turn.

It creates lame games that only a very few find enjoyable. And THAT's something of a bigger concern.

Yeah and notice how falkow abusers don't share replays on how to beat the return mechanics and owl sage abuse. I don't like that at all.

And i'm more worried than ever because in the set i played in solar kingdom have a first good lvl 2 rush file I ever played.

Oh wait, that's even useless here because of cyclone bs.

But in jp alteli its so awesome, falkow players in there don't spam oh return this return that and spam owl sage.

It was fun playing against falkow for the first time ever.

While falkow only make me think bad things about their mommies in us alteil.

Only reason why I don't play jp alteil that much yet is cuz jp alteil still isn't bright enough to translate their cards into english yet. If that happens, bye bye usa alteil.
Callonia

Postby Jazzock » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:30 am

Callonia wrote:Yeah and notice how falkow abusers don't share replays on how to beat the return mechanics and owl sage abuse. I don't like that at all.

Oh right, I was supposed to work on that...
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby sunbunman » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:48 am

Callonia wrote:Yeah and notice how falkow abusers don't share replays on how to beat the return mechanics and owl sage abuse. I don't like that at all.

There needs to be falkow abusers with prem to do that in the first place, also Jazz is on it
Last edited by sunbunman on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby gadu » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:11 pm

I wouldn't mind showing off my boobs in combat, but like Sunbun said...

Falkow rush mirror matches between two good players are some of the most exciting matches to watch. There's a high level of tactical choices that must be made and it's exciting to see it all unfold.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Icyglare » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:22 pm

^

I have to disagree. Mirror matches are always the worst to watch and one of the best to play throughout game history. Nobody really likes to watch same teams on marvel, same races on starcraft, and so forth but I LOOOOVE when I play Marduk vs Marduk matches on Tekken
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Callonia » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:50 pm

Very well I shall wait then.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau