Major Errata Incoming

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Major Errata Incoming

Postby Romdeau » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:58 pm

I would like to buff EX Ibert, but that is for Logress to decide ultimately. We are really concentrating on the basic sets mostly, so we did not look at Batora cards.

I would like to publicly acknowledge that a nerf is planned for EX Mermaid, I have no idea if it will be implemented with this errata or at a later period.
Romdeau

Postby gabotheplaya » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:03 pm

ROM!

i've only ever really felt the need for one buff, and that's for:

distriter's action skill to do damage [atk] to one random enemy unit in range.

Hope you guys considered it, i've been sitting on two copies of distriter for a while now and using him seems cool. :D

P.S. he's a pretty crappy unit compared to shin even with that buff, so i hope you see it as fair. :D
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby tropireno » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:07 pm

Was there honestly enough use of all those cards to warrant the nerf? I can't remember the last time I saw Talisman used (not saying it doesn't need a nerf, just saying it isn't used.)

Every time I play Folrart, the most popular and top RP files I see are Urgrant and Ryu. Yet these cards are never touched and instead, cards with lower winrates and popularity get nerfed.

How does the decisionmaking go in deciding which cards get errata priority here?
tropireno

Postby Romdeau » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:10 pm

I'll quote a response from Logress to answer your question Tropireno.
Nerfing is a tricky thing, almost every nerf we've ever done has taken away more from the game than it's added in the long term. Nerfing almost always involves making clean design muddy, which sort of ends up perverting the natural process in which people find cards, learn how to use them, and build them into Files. Essentially, people play the cards based on their memory of how they found and learned them in their original form, meaning new users can really only copy existing decks to figure out how these cards fit into the game. Nerfing really should only be done to address design fail.
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:56 pm

The talisman nerf is in reaction to the fact that people are not playing undead. The intention is that people will start playing undead if talisman is nerfed. This, in my opinion, is a extremely shallow answer to, "why don't people play undeads?" It is an answer that doesn't address what's really going on.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby angelspawns » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Romdeau wrote:Hello everyone,

I would like to officially announce that there is a major errata planned for release in the near future. The focus this time is on nerfing some key frustrating cards...

I'd love to trust your judgement on what those 'key frustrating' cards are, but you (deliberatly?) failed to mention the Top of that list. The cards that everybody immediatly thought of when they read that sentence.
You know exactly what cards been ruining the fun for many people in this game.
Are you really out to change this game into something more fun, or will you continiou to ignore that very Top of your 'most frustrating' list and apply temporary patches? The next frustrating 150 winstreak metafile is always waiting around THAT corner. Look at the arena and wonder how many people these cards chased away since the begnning of Primclone era. How much frustration those cards have brought setrelease after setrelease.

Dare
Errata
Falkow
Shenanigans
angelspawns

Postby Romdeau » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:47 pm

I would like to refer to the above quoted post to answer your concern angel.
Romdeau

Postby angelspawns » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:04 pm

I don't get it. You're still out nerfing the most frustrating cards here. And they are also on that list (at the very top for christ sake)? Wouldn't excluding them be prejudice or bias?..
Last edited by angelspawns on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Postby Romdeau » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:06 pm

Talk to Logress, he is very restrictive when it comes to nerfing just about anything. Trust me, I have my own little personal wish list of stuff I'd like to see changed or nerfed. Do you have any other questions?
Romdeau

Postby shadowsketch » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:16 pm

So I've got some more questions for ROM:
-I get that you plan to buff nerf certain cards of tribes, but how do you hope these changes affect the tribe as a whole? I get that you are trying to reduce the snowballing effect of Carbuncles, but what about the other tribes like Mermaids or Mercenary Nation?

-I'm biased, but any plans to buff vanilla Zalzagul (the grimmune / ss-mune one)?

Romdeau wrote:I would like to publicly acknowledge that a nerf is planned for EX Mermaid, I have no idea if it will be implemented with this errata or at a later period.

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes.

GonFreeces31 wrote:The talisman nerf is in reaction to the fact that people are not playing undead. The intention is that people will start playing undead if talisman is nerfed. This, in my opinion, is a extremely shallow answer to, "why don't people play undeads?" It is an answer that doesn't address what's really going on.

I'll agree with this, Undead have more problems than just MAX HP hate. However, I do hope it means that players can use Hell Smoke and/or Magic Doll -Undead- as a tank to setup as opposed to the frail Magic Doll -Augmented- or the EX Cursed Virus card. That'll open up some design space for players.
shadowsketch

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion