Major Errata Incoming

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Major Errata Incoming

Postby gadu » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:28 pm

Mermaid narf is justified, but I hope it doesn't make me regret spending 1200 gran.

Rom, what is your favorite coming buff/narf?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Romdeau » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:31 pm

That's a pretty tough one, but I'll go with the buffs to the merc nation units-I think Merc Nation using Commander is gonna be pretty strong after this errata.
Romdeau

Postby skillll7 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Is Liz finally going to get her deserved buff to full heal on close?
Are you going to add 1 AGI to Delrare and bring his action skill back to what it previously was to combo with Commander?
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby angelspawns » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:37 pm

Just one. This whole philosophy of Logress dragged out the Primclone and DEFS issue over a long period of time and multiple errata's.

If you're looking for causes how the arena's became this empty, wouldn't you agree the long time existence of (and overall process of dealing with) these heavily frustrating cards been one of them?
angelspawns

Postby Romdeau » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:43 pm

If you're asking me if erratas take longer than they should, then I would agree.
Romdeau

Postby angelspawns » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:02 pm

Sometimes radical changes on frustrating things are better then dragging it out over a longer period.(like ExPrimrose) Ignoring it or applying tiny failing errata's make it a part of this game for too long, and people move away.

I miss balls, and due to that the current errata list (http://www.alteil.com/index.php/card-errata) has become a painfully long reminder of previous failures.
Last edited by angelspawns on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Postby Romdeau » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Angel, as much as I appreciate you taking the time to vent years of past history which I am unable to alter , I would like for you to move on and on topic within the perimeters of this thread.

Edit: Skill, yes those 2 are being looked at.
Romdeau

Postby angelspawns » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Ok then Rom, surprise me.
If even 20% of your buffed cards will continiou to see play i'll admit things have changed. If even 20% of the nerfed cards aren't creating anymore balance issues i'll admit things have changed.

Now show me that free revive on Folrart Shield or Blessed Acolyte. Show me that nerf on Gaiessoul. ;)
Last edited by angelspawns on Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Postby Romdeau » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:26 pm

If you're expecting uber mega nerf 11111 on certain cards, you'll be holding your breath for a long time. If you're looking for something like say Abel being changed to this: AGI2->4 Action skill 3sp->2SP (and permanently drains 1AGI per use) then yes you might be surprised.
Romdeau

Postby Ethikx » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:32 pm

I certainly agree with Logress' wisdom on the matter, but adjusting numbers on top meta units will not destroy their effectiveness in file. For Urgrant, giving him 10 less attack so he can only do up to 75 dmg instead of 85 dmg won't destroy Urgrant files, it will keep guardian alive for 1 more counter. Same goes for Ryu, once he is un-attackable, you have a double attacker with at least 50 atk that also debuffs- maybe lower the bonus attack to +10 instead of +20.

It also might seem un-professional, but nerfing a card isn't set-in-stone finality, it can always receive further updates or simply be reverted back to pre-nerf, so 'experimenting' isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Edit: Back to Urgrant- For flavor and logicality, I think Urgrant should have a restriction similar to plundering pirate girl where the rival iczer needs to have 1 sp in order to steal it for bonus damage. That or you still get the bonus damage, but you only get refunded 1 sp if rival iczer lost 1 sp. That way when a player uses their sp to prevent loss, the Urgrant player has to make the decision to spend 1 sp with no return to do the extra damage.

Ex Brahma was a great addition to EM, but will their be any further touch ups? Maybe reduce seraphs contaminate air action skill to 0 sp, or give her autoskill atk boost?

Can Igina get +10 max hp? She warrants her own style of a file, yet is extremely easily nukeable by SS/open etc.

Edit2: Thanks for being consistent and active in this thread ;a33
Ethikx

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion