Broken Buncles

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Broken Buncles

Postby Khiruki » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Ethikx wrote:Having all the free start/auto/action/close skills to give atk/def/agi/hp and reduce enemy atk/def/agi isn't so bad...
Other tribes and units just need to see some loving, say make Lavende's atk+10 lv+1 skill free.

LV 1 with 20 hp and 20df that heals/revives when killed is a bit much.

You can remove the buncle support, but unless you have cem removal you might have a bulerigid to worry about.

Counterbuff: Change Judies auto to 'fully heal target lv4 or higher, do damage [target's maxhp] to target enemy column.
For the Judester.
Peace.

Because Judie really needs a buff, huh?
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby urizen'sforum » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:16 am

I would find buncles some much less annoying if salamander's still had 3 rng.

To actually add to the discussion, I think jade carbuncle is just a little too pushed, he is the egregious enabler, he is the leet fencer of buncles if you will(prenerf fencer). That and as mentioned super cheese chaimal 2nd sk.

only semi relevant tangent warnign, semi instigated by return rant(not for the feint of forum)!!!

The real issue with buncles is just how linear and one dimensional it is, everything in the deck is just aggrohate. I like the "spirit" of the deck and the idea, making openskill super wisps as an attempt to make a more interactive reffess rush, but it just doesn't execute. The deck is brutally obvious, you know exactly what there up to but you can't really do anything because your playing some stupid kurina tiger deck(guilty) when you should really just be playing returns and owl sages when decks like this exist. It is even more a mechanistic wind it up and let it go deck than lap decks of old, were you had some contingencies were as the buncles lists are too streamlined.
The deck just folds to good falkow decks, which I have to say I think people are a tad bit to content to do just to reinforce there preconception of return's inherent unfairness.( "See look I lost therefore return op, it's been proven"....)
What I am really getting at is that in the strictest sense the deck is not really overpowered sort of "in a vacuum", by that I mean it is not outperforming(I'm talking out my rear, I don't actually know) all other decks on the aggregate win % kind of way of assessment, but decks like this are really oppressive because they are so dichotomising, again you feel like your just playing the wrong deck simply because it exists it forces you to metagame instead of playing the decks you like, because it's just so frustrating to lose to.
I just broke a monthish alteil hiatus yesterday. Of the games I've played by far the most enjoyable were against what I assume from a quick forum browse is public enemy no 1, ex mermaid falkow deck- generic goodstuff falkow deck. Both games I played against this person both when I was playing a falkow rush myself when I stood a fighting chance and when I was playing a dorky do nothing outdated gow rush were very engaging and interactive and on the whole fun. And then you pop the still outdated stupid kurina tiger deck(gowen decks suck atm :( ), and play against buncles, even though objectively you know it is a more competitive deck and just better, you don;t want it to be, it's so vanilla and monotoned and you just feel like you really can;t proactively interact with it at all, you start thinking "wow your dudes are just better than my dudes, how is this fair"(getting blownout by returns to me is more enjoyable than, ya I get it 25 deff bazillion heals -10 attack and...I'm playing a rush deck k ya you win sure{appathetic voice}), again the sort of "just playing the wrong deck" mentality makes this deck seem worse than it is in actual legitimate "too good need nerf" terms. Even if ex merm is pushing falkow decks too far, it doesn;t feel as bad as queing up with the beatdown and getting qued with the ,if you will, super anti rush deck, Even if the deck isn't strictly to the mark op it seems like it is forcing an entire archtype out of the meta and forcing people's deck choices and that is unhealthy for the game more than a legitimately op card/deck that doesn't do this>insert cliche rock paper scissors analogy to end rant.
urizen'sforum

Postby gadu » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:45 am

I just don't like how Ruby General can kill anything from anywhere with RNG 0, but the only thing that can kill him is a RNG 3 unit with a ton of ATT & AGI (unit doesn't exist?) on the front line.

Metia is OP because Mermaids suck.

Grebados is OP because ORKS suck.

Ruby General is OP, but Carbuncles don't suck as much as the other two without the captain. Their power is distributed among the tribe in addition to being consolidated into one super buffer.

Return is the best weapon against them because most files don't have enough units that can one-shot buncles. It's just not worth attacking if you can't kill them that turn because they will heal up by next turn.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Icyglare » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:04 am

Is Kouseo using Buncles? Currently 1924 RP.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby gadu » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:08 am

Kouseo using Zu, Ellie, Chaos Absorption, Joachim, Game Over, Dragon Rider.
gadu

Postby Khiruki » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:11 am

Kouseo isn't, but youngman is.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby gadu » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:12 am

Kouseo used it for a while. I'm not sure who's alt Youngman is.
gadu

Postby Icyglare » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:10 am

If the search function worked, I would have brought back the topics of how buncles suck for kicks.

Unless something is over the top, let's leave it alone and try to push from the bottom by giving out some DanDan type buffs.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby AquasFire3 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:46 pm

How do you guys say ruby general is op?? i don't understand that. Violet general is op but ruby general is clearly not op in my opinion. Buncles can be easily beaten. The weakest point of buncles is in the first few turns because they have a slow set up. The thing about refess decks, Which i think buncles represents well. Is that the longer they stay on field the stronger they are. Which is suppose to be a big strength of refess.
Refess is the sphere that should be able to out last most decks in long battles due to their synergy.As i said earlier Most genuine Refess files, weakest point is usually in their opening.Which people try cover up with their ss. This is why falkow has such an advantage vs most refess rushes or files because, control files can ruin their set up. Most rush files cant handle refess due to their synergy. So their best bet is to use things to disrupt refess sp flow. Such as damage ss or damage grims .

I understand that the level 1 revive buncle can be quite annoying. so if you guys want that card nerfed i can understand why.But i would not say it is op.Or buncles are a broken deck. When clearly anything with enough damage or control can clearly crush them.Due to them being so dependable on synergy and support.

Sorry if any punctuation's are bad or if there is any typos :)
AquasFire3

Postby cheongzewei » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 am

ex mermaind is refress like,
so why can't ex buncle be falkrow like? sounds fair to me.

bleh, that being said, buncles lose if you can force them to revive very early on. So sergis ss, rasam ss, all those will help you kill buncles.

Or sometimes, just use SIN Sss
Perfect 9
ImageImage
cheongzewei

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion