Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Official News and Announcements

Re: Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Postby MysteryMan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:39 pm

ForgotPassNotWorking wrote:I hope the card links are kept simple for whateveer card lists you implement.

I like the current style. It's absolutely nice and simple as it is.
Please don't do something like this: http://alteil.apocoplay.com/Skunkworks/cpl-009.jpg

The approved concept is similar to this (link is not my, mark, or viral's code so the end result won't look exactly like this, just similar)
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Icyglare wrote:
shadowsketch wrote:Since you're on the topic of card screens, one big thing I'd like to see happen is having the ingame screen show all of the card ability text rather than cutting text off.

Yea I would like this too, if you can make it where it doesn't rely on what our browser's font is but instead it's all ingame

This bugs me too. When the file editor is changed to html5 this and many other problems will go away. We are just ordering everything in terms of dire need first.
MysteryMan

Postby Callonia » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:54 pm

In case logress haven't told you..

We're still missing quite a few set's worth of heroes saying stuff to other heroes inbattle. I miss it. I think last set that had it was like set 8 or 7 or 9.
Callonia

Postby angelspawns » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:55 pm

Glad to see a change! It isn't just the site but also the actual game though. (battlefield in the background of the playingfield, armies VS eachother in the battle loadingscreen, hot chicks popping up like in that free tutorial, more character dialogues, visual effects+symbols for burning/focus/poison/etc.)

The site looks interesting, but i got to agree the cardinfo is too scattered. I'm losing overview. Might actually chose for simplicity on that one. ;p
angelspawns

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Callonia wrote:In case logress haven't told you..

We're still missing quite a few set's worth of heroes saying stuff to other heroes inbattle. I miss it. I think last set that had it was like set 8 or 7 or 9.

The joke doesn't go like that.

In fact it's more like:
Why is 6 afraid of 7?
Because 7 8 9!
(8 / eight sounds like ate)
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:39 pm

While it's bad mojo to do things that aren't scheduled on the sprint I take exception for issues marked as "critical."

Doing emergency prep work to get us off SQL Azure such as manual backups that aren't hosted by microsoft (this should have minimal impact on chat/underdog because of a distributed workload. Note that all non-cloud solutions have paranoid redundancy).
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:43 pm

...and Microsoft's portal is broken. Again. Will perform the manual backup the second the system goes online.

edit: Woot! Got a window of uptime.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:32 pm

I'm liking this new model. We won't have as much to show as I'd like but we will still have stuff to actually show (such as an new chat client and a new website).

Since team pulse is taking track of people's estimates against what people actually do per week we'll have a better understanding of what to expect for each worker.

I talked with Alex about game engines for the front end. We settled on Unity 3d. I'd like to see how much of a cross platform file editor we can do in two weeks starting next sprint.

Our long term plan has us getting a prototype of the battle engine within a couple months. We are continuing to power through things.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Reasons we picked Unity 3dfor next week's sprint over html5
- More mature. Top end features work with all browsers when compiled to flash.
- Front end code and back end code can both be done in C#, preventing duplicaton of work
- HTML5 features are different in every browser

Unity 3d compiles to flash for the web as well as droid, iphone, ipad, windows, etc.

We'll put the theory to practice next sprint and see how much of the file editor we can get done in 2 weeks. One nice advantage is that we can stick with 2d cards in a nice looking 3d environment (tables, etc). Function first, though :).
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:36 pm

Logress is mapping out the gran/fight money conversion for the auction house.
MysteryMan

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart