Struggling with Refess

Strategies and Card File Construction

Struggling with Refess

Postby mdpeterson42 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:40 am

I've been running a Solar Kingdom deck or the Lapierre prebuilt and I can't seem to have any success. I'm still a relative noob (I played a bit about two years ago, but then not again until last week), so I am probably doing it wrong, but it seems like my opponents always get their units set and killing mine before I can get mine set up - then I'm struggling just to keep a couple units on the field until I die a slow, painful death. I'd appreciate any thoughts on how to speed up getting my units out and keeping them alive in the face of decks that just seem so much more cohesive. Thanks in advance!
mdpeterson42

Re: Struggling with Refess

Postby Callonia » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:43 am

If you wanted to play solar kingdom, you missed your chance because they was playable up until like 1-2 sets ago.

Nowdays they're just crap.

Not really worth anything unless they're up against an newbie.

I like playing solar kingdom too but I rather not waste my time getting pissed off at bad cards so i just play other games until refess gets buffed again to be viable again.

Protip: usa alteil team still have nightmares about sunlit knight+folrart knight captain+ ex lapierre field of doom. >.>

However if you really must play solar kingdom, I suggest trying shrine knights out, you might catch some unlucky solar kingdom file and beat them up with shrine knights.

Oh and they're unplayable tribe unless you have alot of EXs and rares something which alteil has been slow to fix.

But in the light of possible errata coming up next week, I would recommend working on how to get as much sp as possible from your souls, +2 sp next turn is probably most ideal, dodges shades and such.

Tried to find a recent low rarity solar kingdom replay but I realized I haven't played such a file in recent memory because they suck atm.

So This is much better than nothing at all. Old duel but still can use it for you to see how sp generation works out for u.

https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/audi ... d2336b470a

Or my personal favorite, stabbing an urgrant good and dead with an lvl 3 solar kingdom rush.

https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/audi ... e47756e711
Callonia

Postby Igneil » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:51 am

Hey there's a example file made by Icyman

http://www.alteil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13903&sid=3a7a3c0ef05f2a6f2ea96ba6ad0bc3fb

I use Folrart Heavy Knight myself to guard against returns and currently popular overdose spam
https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/cardDB/detail.php?id=951

Good luck :D
Igneil

Postby Jazzock » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:55 am

I thought solar was better now? well, at least mid-solar with bringer 2.0 and miffy.

However, I do agree with Call that you should probably use SP+2 (this turn or next, your choice) as soul 1 as it helps you spam units. Some sort of early stall ss (rasam/afel/ ex zuga/ scylla-type even) might help you set up too.

But yeah, errata just around the corner, maybe some good buffs for solar rush (mid-solar seems fine lol).

EDIT* Folrart heavy might be good vs overdose, But I like SK6 (fairly tank too, ranged, self heals, and can shoot owl sage in the face with some luck). SP is you're best bet vs returns though IMO (and spamming lots of wisps...)
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby shadowsketch » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:04 am

Put up your list, I'm wondering what kind of cards are in your file.
shadowsketch

Postby Callonia » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:05 am

Jazzock, Existence of dilate noob slash + lvl 1 regus girl that moves units around invalids mid solar kingdom very easily. The best you can hope for is to backlash the lvl 1 regus girl or hope the dilate noob slash spammer player don't pack her in.

Because 100 damage slashes yo.

What you gonna do? Put etoile in front row for her to get bringer'd or sakura'd so dilate can noob slash unimpended and that isn't even counting the fact that bkr will be hiding in mid or rear row snowballing up attack while disabling a random lvl 2 of yours.

honestly the time to had fun with mid solar kingdom has passed.
Callonia

Postby mdpeterson42 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:37 am

Is there an easy way to get a list of my cards without typing them all? I have 396 different
mdpeterson42

Postby shadowsketch » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:13 am

mdpeterson42 wrote:Is there an easy way to get a list of my cards without typing them all? I have 396 different

oh no, you don't need to do that.

Just take a screenshot from your card file screen of your file, paste it into paint or a similar program, then upload it to photobucket, imgurl, or some other photo sharing program.

I just want to find out what your SS and your card file contains.
shadowsketch

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Folrart shield knight is about to get buffed. If you got him maybe you can wreck face with him after this buff tomorrow.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Romdeau » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:27 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Folrart shield knight is about to get buffed. If you got him maybe you can wreck face with him after this buff tomorrow.

Him and new armed citizens=gg
Romdeau

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum