Struggling with Refess

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Struggling with Refess

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:26 am

mdpeterson42 wrote:what about the wisp SS instead of broken priest?

Nope, wisp SS is too conditional. You're better off with the guaranteed +2.

mdpeterson42 wrote:and of course, this deck seems to get returned and cycloned to death

You've got to play your units right. Like when starting out vs Falkow, you can go Sunlight Knight > Sunlight Knight > Wisp > Level 3. You drop 2 Knights in case the first one gets Sweeping Tidalwaved. After that, you want to mix up your level 3s and level 1s. Tank with your wisps so you can get your SP back and set off your SS too.

Also, this is why I recommend Salamanders. They'll take out the owl sages camping while units get returned.
shadowsketch

Postby mdpeterson42 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:30 am

finally, a win:

mdpeterson42

Postby mdpeterson42 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:43 am

This is how I altered my deck:

mdpeterson42

Postby mdpeterson42 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:45 am

Khiruki wrote:
mdpeterson42 wrote:yeah, when I have Sunlight Knight, Novice Folrart Acolyte, and Kesaran Pasaran out, I seem to get Cycloned and then I only have one unit out and have to start all over

Right. Just watched your match v. lostmyaccount's WK. A few notes:

1. Double playing units is fine to do, especially if you expect Return.

2. You attack too much. Learn to use the 'Rest' action.

3. I'm not a fan of stacking so many buffing soul skills. To each their own, I suppose.

Thanks for the tips - much appreciated!
mdpeterson42

Postby mdpeterson42 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:53 am

shadowsketch wrote:Nope, wisp SS is too conditional. You're better off with the guaranteed +2.

It's a fair point, though it seems every match the other side starts off with some +sp. I kinda like risking the rare moment when they have 0 or 1. :)

shadowsketch wrote:You've got to play your units right. Like when starting out vs Falkow, you can go Sunlight Knight > Sunlight Knight > Wisp > Level 3. You drop 2 Knights in case the first one gets Sweeping Tidalwaved. After that, you want to mix up your level 3s and level 1s. Tank with your wisps so you can get your SP back and set off your SS too.

Also, this is why I recommend Salamanders. They'll take out the owl sages camping while units get returned.

Great tips - much appreciated!
mdpeterson42

Postby Romdeau » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:56 am

Why not drop by the chat room some time?
Romdeau

Postby urizen'sforum » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:58 pm

This is my lap deck

You need to be activelly doing somehting in reffess not just meandering good cards out and you need to tighten the deck down to be able to consistently do this. This is what I play for mono reffess, I'm not recomending that fierete is the way to go but you need some sort of pizzaz that just put your deck over the top of your opponents and gives you the occasional free win against decks that you just can't beat otherwise. you Definitely need emerald buncles not kps or acolyte. Double asuet ss first is the way to go in a more vanilla list. Raste and kaildreo are also those cards that just alow your deck to do cool exciding things and get you out of tight spots. Unfortunetly not being around for ex cards makes kaeldereo and ex archer hard to aquire, ex archer is the only card that makes sin viable and it really does. The deck needs to be lap+lvl 3s or all level 4s no mix matching two different files together it makes your deck too awkward to pace.

Try point carding distrier/asuet they are staple cards that your going to use alot. Buy whatever packs have emerald buncles if you don't have them-they are common so it shouldn't be hard.

The errata packs have ditrier in them and folt flying calvalry doesn't look bad either if your interested in any of the other cards in this.
urizen'sforum

Postby TheVSK » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:02 am

https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/audi ... 5a6211789d

Part of the thing that has really helped me win is just how I play. Sure I can have all of the right cards but part of the winning strategy for Refess is knowing when to start attacking. Also, the opening is one of the most important parts as always. How are you opening with your deck?
TheVSK

Postby mdpeterson42 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:26 am

How do you all feel about these soul skills:
1) Boy combat priest
2) Mermaid sorceress (only engage ss I have)
3) Knight of the abyss
4) Legendary unicorn (I have no lvl 5 cards)
5) Cudgel

Thanks!
mdpeterson42

Postby Khiruki » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:30 am

mdpeterson42 wrote:How do you all feel about these soul skills:
1) Boy combat priest
2) Mermaid sorceress (only engage ss I have)
3) Knight of the abyss
4) Legendary unicorn (I have no lvl 5 cards)
5) Cudgel

Thanks!

1) Okay.
2) Eh. You sure you don't have Lightning Wyvern or something?
3) Brutal Mammoth would be better
4) Cait Sith would probably be better. And more consistent.
5) Okay.
ImageImage
Khiruki

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum