2/25/13 Errata Changes

Official News and Announcements

Re: 2/25/13 Errata Changes

Postby gadu » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:40 am

It's really true... Carrier Love did not get a buff...

Rom, from this day forward, you shall forever be known to me as:

FALSE HERO, ROMDEAU

I shall enscribe it into my sig so that I never forget this day of bitter betrayal.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Icyglare » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:41 am

gadu wrote:FALSE HERO, ROMDEAU

I'm dying over here!

Maybe her buff was secretly nerfed
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby tropireno » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:57 am

angelspawns wrote:EX Garfath: ADDED action skill 1SP-> Do damage 40 to one random enemy unit. - Most obvious change would be to let his Rng decrease be temporary... or give him something to increase Rng again. I'm extremely curious why you added a completely new Skill on him instead?

Orthos: Start Changed to -> [Conditional use / rival iczer has 0 cards in cemetery] - All enemy units get AT values returned to base value. Engage one random enemy unit of AGI 4 or higher. The opponent mustn't have anything in cem when he comes in, or his Startskill won't work. You can't kill a unit, or the Startskill won't work next turn. Did you guys testplay him?..

Folrart Shield Knight: Trait: Heals 33% HP on standby. - So from 11HP->15HP.. You saw this unit, with a missing statpoint, and thought to buff him you let him heal +4HP? No free revive, not +5Def or +10MHP... but to heal 4 more HP on standby. Who's idea was this? :/

Folrart lady monk: AT 30 - My god... please take another look at her. See her counter, see her HP, and see her Rng. You're not making her workable AT ALL by giving more Atk. That's just silly............ xD

I completely agree with all of these points. Some of these changes make little sense.
tropireno

Postby Yumenoryu » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:36 am

Hey y'all, newish poster so I doubt my opinion will carry much weight, but here goes.

First off, great changes for a good majority of the errata'ed cards. Its nice seeing cards like Crusher become viable again. I also appreciate the errata changes actually being posted beforehand, very nice touch.

That being said, I'm lost on how Orthos is supposed to operate after this errata. If his start is supposed to synergize with his auto, then you basically can't kill anything after he removes all the cards from their cemetery. He may have some success in early game play or against an undead file, but he's sort of disappointing, especially considering how nice and viable his companion beasts are. Perhaps with a Rivarre SS or Chaos Absorption his start could see consistent use, but its a real stretch. It's also hampered by an AGI restriction, which might be reasonable if it triggered semi-regularly. Perhaps brighter minds can illuminate me, as I'm a little confused as to what niche he fills now.

Anyway, just my two cents. Thanks again to the errata team for taking the time to balance older cards and breathe some life into those older sets. Truly appreciate it.
Yumenoryu

Postby Rougefox » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:16 am

angelspawns wrote:EX Garfath: ADDED action skill 1SP-> Do damage 40 to one random enemy unit. - Most obvious change would be to let his Rng decrease be temporary... or give him something to increase Rng again. I'm extremely curious why you added a completely new Skill on him instead?

I believe the thought process here was that now you can use her start on Garfath herself and still be able to get an attack in from a 20def tank.

angelspawns wrote:Spike Shield Knight: Action 1SP -> 0SP - Nice. Doing 30(ExLap)~45(&FolrartCaptain)~60(&SunlightKnight) each turn should be easy enough to make him count.

don't forget Folrart Unicorn Knight, another possible +5DEF(+10dmg) from it since it's a Knight too

angelspawns wrote:Folrart Flying Cavalry: ADDED open skill: You get SP+1. - Close still deprives you from 2SP, but 1SP loss is alot more reasonable.

I see this as a way to play a lvl3, then this, then another lvl3, no risk of losing an LP due to playing a lvl 1 if you don't want to and get a relatively useful additional unit in the process.

angelspawns wrote:Blessing: "now grants cemetery immunity to the unit selected until end of next turn and refunds the SP cost if it is subtype Dragonrider" - I like the refund clause.

obvious one to me with this is Resource. play him, use his sac, Blessing him next turn after revive and don't have to worry about opponent surprising you with a send to cem SS before getting the 2LP Iczer bonus. on top of that, get a nicely powerful unit that you could put in front row to hit everything enemy has AND your 2SP back.
Rougefox

Postby harvest4god » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 am

Rougefox wrote:

I believe the thought process here was that now you can use her start on Garfath herself and still be able to get an attack in from a 20def tank.

angelspawns wrote:Spike Shield Knight: Action 1SP -> 0SP - Nice. Doing 30(ExLap)~45(&FolrartCaptain)~60(&SunlightKnight) each turn should be easy enough to make him count.

don't forget Folrart Unicorn Knight, another possible +5DEF(+10dmg) from it since it's a Knight too

angelspawns wrote:Folrart Flying Cavalry: ADDED open skill: You get SP+1. - Close still deprives you from 2SP, but 1SP loss is alot more reasonable.

I see this as a way to play a lvl3, then this, then another lvl3, no risk of losing an LP due to playing a lvl 1 if you don't want to and get a relatively useful additional unit in the process.

angelspawns wrote:Blessing: "now grants cemetery immunity to the unit selected until end of next turn and refunds the SP cost if it is subtype Dragonrider" - I like the refund clause.

obvious one to me with this is Resource. play him, use his sac, Blessing him next turn after revive and don't have to worry about opponent surprising you with a send to cem SS before getting the 2LP Iczer bonus. on top of that, get a nicely powerful unit that you could put in front row to hit everything enemy has AND your 2SP back.

Don't forget wassier for blessing, after a mighty field wipe.
harvest4god

Postby gabotheplaya » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:25 am

my current competitive file got hit by a nerf 2x as units, 1x as SS, and a reasonable buff to a special unit it use that seems out of place but is hella useful.

That is to say, my regular "grindy" file has been downgraded but not made useless...

Isn't that the point? I pointcarded 3 copies of a 5*, i'd be pretty biffed if it suddenly flopped useless. i can tell its still a good file, but bigger room for error means people can can outplay me... then i outplay them... then its meta.

I got my distriter buff i wanted, gonna slowly piece together a file that works with him as a unit. zehahahahaha! :D
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby angelspawns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:59 am

@rougefox; About ExGarfath, i know how a rangeless skill would help him do damage. But they didn't go the best way about it. The most useful buff would be a way to undo his permanent rng decrease. And when they chose to give him a rngless 1SP Skill, why is it: 1) Random, 2) Capped Dmg.

Spending 1SP to do 40dmg with a unit is often an questionable investment. (Ask Renally, and her Dmg isn't capped to just 40) But that Random part makes it a mere vanity skill. This buff been mainly for show. It seperates the pro's from the nubs, that can now waste their SP on killing a Shade / trigger Guardian counters / activate closeskills. Nomatter how important it is to have these SP sinkholes i can't help thinking this can't be the intention of an errata.

Which leads to the following question: If somehow certain errata buffs prove to need more tweaking, like Orthos or LadyMonk, will we get to see a correction within a few weeks from now?
angelspawns

Postby Romdeau » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Few weeks? You know that's not realstic. At some point in the future? Very possible.
Romdeau

Postby angelspawns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:48 pm

Why isn't that realistic? Even when it's something as simple as switching Orthos action with start? (as i'm sure you guys forgot to. Better would be make his cem removal into a first startskill...)

So when you **** up and make something close to unworkable, you can't undo the changes untill months later? Wow... You must be really good at this. ;)
angelspawns

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart