2/25/13 Errata Changes

Official News and Announcements

Re: 2/25/13 Errata Changes

Postby Icyglare » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:09 pm

I disagree, I like Orthos the way he is and actually I liked the way he worked before too. The main point of playing him is to remove cards from their cemetery and NOT to counter LV2's, it's like the action skill on Annarose, don't play Annarose for her action skill, play her for her auto skill.

Same here, Orthos should be used for his auto, not his start.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:14 pm

I came here to say that emana really did not need another nerf... right now she's pretty 100% **** useless. I seriously don't know where that came from. There has been no emana use over 1700rp.

But then I see angelspawns brewing up a shitstorm here. I really don't see what he's complaining about or how he thinks it's balanced to add 20 defense to a unit as a start in exchange for not being able to attack (only rest) that turn.
Icyman2

Postby Icyglare » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Icyman2 wrote:What does that have to do with anything? Top RP can be changed anyday with some casual grinding. CotC was top RP right after the introduction of set 11. Not kidding. I put him there with 1600s rp.
I disagree because top RP is an indicator of the current grinding level of the iczer, not an indicator of the power level of the file or how frustrating it is to play against. Plus, your argument of this card is not top RP so should not be errata'd doesn't make sense....
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:50 pm

Icyman2 wrote:I came here to say that emana really did not need another nerf... right now she's pretty 100% **** useless. I seriously don't know where that came from. There has been no emana use over 1700rp.

Gotta punish the abusers. Emana is basically the new Mirelia.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby angelspawns » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:04 pm

+20Def for -1Rng is an extremely good deal. All's fine and well; i've played him numerous times back in the days.
But when the turn ends the Def disappears, but the -1Rng stays. It's PERMA -1 Rng. Everything you select with that startskill will permanently have -1Rng.

I tried tricks with Rileira (not that great cuz your opponent also gets 3Rng to bypass your front row) or used him to cover passive units not caring for Rng. But units started getting Def easier, sometimes even Def+10 to the whole field with additional buffs. (quite the opposite!) I slowly stopped using him as an early tank and went FolrartHeavyKnight, ExBeneficient, ExLap, etc.
I was hoping for him to become something of more interest now. Unfortunatly this change didn't do it. That Rng decrease is still permanent and can't be reset somehow. The 1SP Skill is an addition that with the random clause is a very bad investment. This unit would be better with "closeskill: all friendly unit Rng values are restored." It would be better if it could target its Atk. But as it stands now it's just a crappy skill attached to him. I am disappoint... but not surprised.
And Orthos is a great tech unit against anything that needs its cem. But it's still not a 3 off to put in your file. It's nothing near a good cornerstone, in contrast to Belus whom stole his Skill from JP Orthos. (not that it should become a lvl4 Belus, cuz one Belus is creepy enough) But the change is a rather extreme and niche one. The previous Skill was mediocre of use but atleast a guaranteed debuff on lvl2's. It now became a whole strategy to succesfully use Orthos to stop a random 4Agi unit.
Becoming a more niche card is not what you'd hope it to be.

Sure it's fine if you take buffs for granted. It's an additional bonus to already crappy units anyways. If it works better after errata consider it a bonus, if it's about the same no harm done? If you can't use it, whatever. FolrartLadyMonk still sux? Fine whatever, don't use it. Orthos start fails more 80% of the time? Fine whatever. FolrartShield heals only +4HP more? There are other lvl2's to chose if you don't like it.

If i should have an attitude like that to this errata the point of it eludes me. If this errata was however to make older cards more Folrart ready, then things like tagging a 33% standby heal won't do for ol' Shield. Then there are missed opportunities and niche things that could be retouched and done a little better. And i'm the kind of guy that often spots these things. I picture all cards in a working enviroment and a wide range of possible combo's... and often shake my head to these errata's. Little tweaks and additions could refine many ideas into actually working ones.
Last edited by angelspawns on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:27 pm

Yeah I totally agree with spawn about some of these changes. It really looks like you guys are clueless about some of the larger contextual factors that make cards more or less viable, proper diagnosis of problems cards have, and what a good approach to fix these cards are. I'm not saying it's easy, but I look at some of the changes and wonder what the point even was?

So in response to the EX Garfath, Orthos, shield knight, and those priest buffs... Go jump off a skyscraper.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby urizen'sforum » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:44 pm

A few things.

Orthos and norweiden were nrefed not buffed, derpderp fail here.

Why does defau have "and then" text just make it gen 1sp at night regardless of draining. Also would it have killed you to give him 3 rng, with sala nerf 2 rng is premium realestate in gow rush. This guy could have gotten one stat point and been seriously good and worth while or reasigned 1 agi to 1 attack or hp(kurina makes this good).

You didn't mention msdw got nerfed and buffed +10 attack for one greater gow level this isn't exactly a strictly better card now-so buff is kind of misleading.

How many times have you buffed liz 3? Shes just not the role player gow rush lists need, why is this such a pet card. The card just doesn't do anything, at all, and you put her on the cover of the pack adverts. Who loves this card of the testers/design team, I demand to know.

Rasfel, this would have been so mutch better as 30/50 rank up +10 attack, would have been playable then. You guys just don't get that people are just not going to play a rng 1 40 hp card w/o 0 sp rev, GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD ALL ELSE IS RENDERED MUTE 50 HP OR GTFO UNPLAYABLE. Rank up really is not a viable plan nor has it been for about 4 sets, it is just way to slow, whens the last time anyone saw a dual axe wielder.

Heirat spy, this guy needs to be re purposed, a decent unit with 0sp iczer not a utility unit, you want him for 0sp iczer. If your playing him for the buff hate then the meta is such that playing gowen is just stupid anyways play a different deck-this is something design fails to see if you need hate cards to be made or buffed you need to address the issues not print hate cards.

My general coments on the rank up cards is look if I'm going to play rnak up I'm gonna play dual weilder and sam girl these cards are still good(better than whats in the errata), but rank up is just bad, it is the only high sphere paradigm that has not gotten any support from enablers in the last 3 sets. Just print a gow exclusive moxy, boom problem solved.

Why is unkown is the errata packs this makes 0 sense to me!?
Last edited by urizen'sforum on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
urizen'sforum

Postby gadu » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:59 pm

I've mostly tried out Falk cards and a handful from the other spheres.

I'd say that there are two cards that were made meta: Mermaid Spear is contending for the best L3 mermaid with 5* Emana and Shufas. After her vanilla counterpart, Ex Mermaid is now worst L3 mermaid for a mermaid file, but stronk in mage soldier file. :x

The other card is Folrart Flying Calvary. This guy is almost as good as Ex. Merc. Girl and with all the buffs he gets can deal a lot more damage than her. Not bad for 1 SP, especially if it manages to kill something.

I'm not sure what the fuss about Mercenary Nation was. I haven't modded my MN file at all after the errata, I'm not using any cards that were in the errata, and my MN file is still doing perfectly fine. :roll:

Many of the mermaid cards are better than before and in certain matchups might give you a nice edge, but overall fail at being good enough to replace the standard line-up, except for Spear who took Ex Mermaid's spot.

Gon, your Mermaid Aquamancer file might be feasible now, but it won't come anywhere near the power of Dio or Mystere.

I agree this errata changes the meta very little, but I don't think their goal was to change the meta aside from putting an end to Overdose spam and Ex Mermaid, which they seem to have been successful because PPP07 dumped the augment file and I dumped Ex Mermaid.

Also, **** Emana nerf.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Callonia » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Get off rom's case, he said the errata is mostly focused on set 1/2.

Oh and the thing about ex brahman? Just play shrine knight and it goes down fast.

Gerg? Eh. I deal with it if I have a counter for him or not. Stuff happens.

Carbuncles is evil, I stated it long time ago. This is nothing new to me.

ALot of people don't have mentality for the long battles that abusing op meta cards will spoil you cuz of it.

The only disappoint to me is that aano didn't get her grand cross slash back. Inspiration is still meh and rewards the shade open too much.

Meanwhile I wanna try out the new folrart flying cavalry or abel atm. Whee. This errata has somewhat pleased me.

I would be even more giddy if gangadore soul got unnerfed. Because it means my dragon crisis deck just got better.
Callonia

Postby Rabeck » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:30 pm

I'd want to know, if the problem with overdose was that it could be spammed early, say, first 7 turns? why not just remove the +1 SP it gives to precisely the file that spams it? the augmented. Right now they still get 1 sp back so the -1 lawtia doesn't really affect them when you mostly aim to sacrifice a doll with free revive, total you deal 100 damage for 2sp + a copy of a doll, at most it could slow you a turn or two from bringing the lvl 4 augmented. Overdose on Zu-jyuva doesn't harm either, files that use that combo have plenty of sp to waste and only need lvl 9 to bring Zu, being a character.you don't need lawtia 9 after he gets in, if you let him die you can easily summon him again with the sp you got from his death. The last combo I know that uses overdose is Shvara, and he also drains you from 1 SP to activate his skill, so you end spending 5 sp + a copy of shvara to deal 135 dmg total that might not even kill a unit you want, if you're playing him along with higher lawtia units then it's no biggie, if you play him with mid lawtia then it kinda hurts
Rabeck

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart