2/25/13 Errata Changes

Official News and Announcements

Re: 2/25/13 Errata Changes

Postby gabotheplaya » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 pm

gadu wrote:I agree this errata changes the meta very little, but I don't think their goal was to change the meta aside from putting an end to Overdose spam and Ex Mermaid, which they seem to have been successful because PPP07 dumped the augment file and I dumped Ex Mermaid.

Also, **** Emana nerf.


This made me smile. Especially the parts in bold. I saw PPP07 flop while grinding the aug file right after the errata, many lols were had (well at least i was laughing). Overdose will now be used more judiciously rather than a stall, and yes i used to use it as a stall myself in my [patented] NPC file (details quoted at the bottom).

I feel bad for you for dropping ex maid simply because it can't be free attack immune, i think you missed the whole point of her potential to pinpoint and her innate 5 def WHILE still being able to go attack immune with another unit and heal herself for 1 sp (i mean if it was a grim, you pretty much saved yourself a file slot). when in doubt, think of the utility, both what you don't have and what you may have too many of.

I've barely felt the emana nerf, if its agi 1 then i just outspeed it and take out the threat the old fashion (yet un-falkow) way.

Callonia wrote:The only disappoint to me is that aano didn't get her grand cross slash back.

Keep pestering them, i was amazed that they put in the Distriter buff on a drop of a hat when i mentioned it to Rom. It wasn't supposed to be errata-ed until i mentioned it after the whole initial announcement thing.

NPC File:
open shade (optional 2nd if backlashed, if backlashed again, assume opponent LP <10)
if opponent LP < 10, aug-dose spam, then gen sp
if opponent LP > 9, gen sp
...
After SP accumulated, cycle chaos annarose, engage highest threat unit (priority to sp investment in unit)
DM only if at least 2 chaos anna in play AND there are two high-threat units in play, one of which can 1-shot a chaos annarose
MD only if at least 2 chaos anna in play AND there is a unit in play that can 1-shot chaos annarose AND only after DM has been used

SS lineup:
lawt +3, bringer, bringer, curse on the world, curse on the world

NPC file, i will miss you. :D
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
gabotheplaya
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: 2/25/13 Errata Changes

Postby Icyglare » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Good job with Errata on the 46 cards but let me tell you about these 4 erratas I disagree with in these 7 paragraphs

BLAH BLAH BLAH x50

...and what's with new Emana nerf? I can no longer target the Bringer that killed my units for the past 3 turns (completely ignores the note on how they disrupted the combo with new Emana + old Emana)
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
User avatar
Icyglare
 
Posts: 2615
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:26 am

Re: 2/25/13 Errata Changes

Postby gabotheplaya » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:04 am

HORY CWAP!

i just noticed that the new mermaid harpist is no longer a good tank stall for my file. I thought i wouldn't be bothered by the change (since i run only 2 kinds of mermaids in my file anyway) but daaaaamn, i can't just drop it as an early game tank because it forces a unit return even when ref = 0.

this realization made me sad. its like i got 4 hits of nerfs to my file. T^T

Gotta find a new lvl 2 tank for falkow...

Did you guys make this change to spite me? i think i'm the only guy running harpist as a low level stall tank splash.
ImageImage
Image
User avatar
gabotheplaya
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: 2/25/13 Errata Changes

Postby gadu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:23 am

Yes, 4 out of 7 of the mermaid "buffs" were actually nerfs because the team doesn't seem to grasp what are Mermaid's strong matchups and weak matchups. It's seems like it's also partly due to them trying to make a new kind of Mermaid file with Princess Emana.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
Image
User avatar
gadu
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:53 am

Re: 2/25/13 Errata Changes

Postby Callonia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:08 am

Icyman2 wrote:I came here to say that emana really did not need another nerf... right now she's pretty 100% **** useless. I seriously don't know where that came from. There has been no emana use over 1700rp.

But then I see angelspawns brewing up a shitstorm here. I really don't see what he's complaining about or how he thinks it's balanced to add 20 defense to a unit as a start in exchange for not being able to attack (only rest) that turn.


As a person who has once used ex:garfath like angelspawn. I take offense at your comment ;)

BEHOLD THE PICTURE OF EX GARFATH, LET ME DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION TOWARDS THE START SKILL NAMED STATIC SHIELD!

Please read it because I assure you the rng -1 is a permanent decrease. I tried to use him in the past to save units, It save units alright only to make them useless for the rest of the match or they get killed.

Image
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4813
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: 2/25/13 Errata Changes

Postby gadu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:35 am

"That is my indiscretion."

It's a very poor choice of words given the context it is being used in. Will Alteil grammar ever get a buff?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
Image
User avatar
gadu
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:53 am

Re: 2/25/13 Errata Changes

Postby Rougefox » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:21 am

angelspawns wrote:@rougefox; About ExGarfath, i know how a rangeless skill would help him do damage. But they didn't go the best way about it. The most useful buff would be a way to undo his permanent rng decrease. And when they chose to give him a rngless 1SP Skill, why is it: 1) Random, 2) Capped Dmg.

Spending 1SP to do 40dmg with a unit is often an questionable investment. (Ask Renally, and her Dmg isn't capped to just 40) But that Random part makes it a mere vanity skill. This buff been mainly for show. It seperates the pro's from the nubs, that can now waste their SP on killing a Shade / trigger Guardian counters / activate closeskills. Nomatter how important it is to have these SP sinkholes i can't help thinking this can't be the intention of an errata.

Which leads to the following question: If somehow certain errata buffs prove to need more tweaking, like Orthos or LadyMonk, will we get to see a correction within a few weeks from now?



i agree with you on everything you said about EX:Garfath, i was just saying that's what i believed the thought process to be.
Rougefox
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:01 am

Re: 2/25/13 Errata Changes

Postby yamyam » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:43 am

That Ex lelein buff creates a very strong open moves for assasins... too bad i recycled like 5 of her before, and now the pack doesnt let me to have her back...
Image Image
yamyam
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:07 am

Re: 2/25/13 Errata Changes

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:21 am

gadu wrote:Yes, 4 out of 7 of the mermaid "buffs" were actually nerfs because the team doesn't seem to grasp what are Mermaid's strong matchups and weak matchups. It's seems like it's also partly due to them trying to make a new kind of Mermaid file with Princess Emana.

Could you elaborate on this? Curious about your opinion.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9323
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: 2/25/13 Errata Changes

Postby Arakis » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:57 am

gadu wrote:"That is my indiscretion."

It's a very poor choice of words given the context it is being used in. Will Alteil grammar ever get a buff?


Grammatically, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. However, you make a good point about word choice. "Indiscretion" was probably a bad call here. That's what I get for trusting a translation suggestion too blindly. "Charge" or "punishment" would be more fitting, I'd say. Basically the idea is that Garfath thinks he's personally responsible for anything bad Kafhar has done, and it's therefore his burden to put a stop to it.
Arakis
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: Amish country

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron