A Guardian Sphinx File

Strategies and Card File Construction

A Guardian Sphinx File

Postby Shadow1798 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:59 pm

This is based off a 40% win rate UD file I played months ago. It was bad, but when it won it won in pretty soul-crushing fashion.

I decided to un-UD it. I ended up with this.

If you create a field where you can activate Guardian Sphinx every turn, it's just a matter of wearing the opponent down. Until you get Rasamed or Merciless Deathed, but I can totally try to god-mode those with General's Orders or Faerie Blessing <_<.

Multi-sphereing to Gowen because that's what the original file did, and I think Myconida is the best win condition for this sort of file.

Guardian's really just there to be there. It's good with Verlaat I guess, but it's really just being played because "I probably need a tank, I guess I'll play Guardian"

Over the revisions that have been made to the file, it's won more than it's lost. So I count that as some kind of success.
Rapidly Flying Apprentice's Kill Count: 14 Izcers.
Shadow1798

Re: A Guardian Sphinx File

Postby skillll7 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:49 am

That Roc SS be full of lulz.
Why Verlaat?
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby Callonia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:01 am

No rhino to go with it?
Callonia

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:22 am

This would probably lose to any crest file that uses the blitzwoman to get over 100 attack turn 2.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:50 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:This would probably lose to any crest file that uses the blitzwoman to get over 100 attack turn 2.

Nah, anything that's built for long battles will give guardian sphinx a real fight. I blitzed one awhile ago with zagar/sergis lol.
Callonia

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:06 pm

unless you can magically send crest blitz from the set area to the field, there is no way to get crest blitz to 100 attack by turn 2
Icyman2

Postby gadu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Icyman2 wrote:unless you can magically send crest blitz from the set area to the field, there is no way to get crest blitz to 100 attack by turn 2

I hear you can do that in Alteil JP. :shock:
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Shadow1798 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:47 pm

skillll7 wrote:That Roc SS be full of lulz.
Why Verlaat?

Callonia wrote:No rhino to go with it?

I've grouped these together because they're somewhat related. Verlaat ends the turn immediately once played, and then you get 2SP for the turn ending. Keeping a large SP pool is really important to keep Sphinx active, and for the purposes for the SP Pool, Verlaat only costs 3SP.

Verlaat is a better card than Forest Rhino, and if you want to play Forest Rhino before Gorilla, Forest Rhino actually costs more.
Verlaat is also the only source of Max HP hate I have in the file and technically can dodge an Assassin SS if I'm super godlike.

GonFreeces31 wrote:This would probably lose to any crest file that uses the blitzwoman to get over 100 attack turn 2.

Man, I lose to a lot of things, but "That 1RNG unit has too gosh-darn much attack" isn't one of them.
Rapidly Flying Apprentice's Kill Count: 14 Izcers.
Shadow1798

Postby hexagram » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:16 am

you always complain about this card yet i have only encountered one/two files that use it in like 50+ games

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Return to Annarose's Sanctum