2/25/13 Errata Changes

Official News and Announcements

Re: 2/25/13 Errata Changes

Postby gadu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi Arakis, you don't have to reply to my stupid post, but what happened here?

GonFreeces31 wrote:Could you elaborate on this? Curious about your opinion.

Mermaid Archer Human:

The last time I beat EN (which is hardly ever), I was using 3 Faytis and a Cyclone. You need a really polarized file to even stand a chance and pray they are not using Fierte SS which for some reason still has not been nerfed. The old version could have made that matchup more tolerable. A smart Pixy player is another really tough nut to crack and she could have been a difference maker.

The new version is good too, it's just that Mermaids are already strong against mid files, having three counter cards against them (four if you include Aquamancer, which I don't count), and the errata makes those matches even easier to win. If I had used PC to get two copies of this card like I was once planning, I would have flipped some tables after this errata.

Mermaid Harpist:

Blatant nerf trying to passed off as a buff. Though this is how I think the card should have been made originally, I am amused how they try to trick people. Mass revive would have been really stronk with the 4* Princess Emana file they tried to push with the errata. Mass revive also makes Mermaid's/Falkow's impossible matchups against Big Red easier. After the 50 HP nerf on 5* Emana and the recent nerf on mass revive, I don't think Mermaids will ever beat Allind and Co.

Mermaid Archer:

Skill was changed for benefit of 4* princesss and now requires a condition that will be infrequent, where as before you could smack a target for 40-60 DMG any time.

Mermaid Soldier Human:

They took the old skill which was useless 98% of the time and replaced it with a skill that is useless 99% of the time. That's a 1% decrease in productivity!

Seriously though, the old skill engaged which once helped me win a fight against Undead Dilate and works with engage SS or other mermaid skills. The only time I can imagine using the new skill is when some player is trying to cheese 110 DEF, which shouldn't even be possible in this game.

Overall, there were 4 significant nerfs to Mermaids (Archer Human, Harpist, Emana, Ex) and four significant buffs (Emana, Spear, Dancer, something else I can't remember :?) to mermaids. Does that change the meta? Not at all in either direction. The only major problem is 5* Emana because there will be instances where you really need her to deal some damage and because she cannot, it could cost you the match.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Khiruki » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:34 pm

gadu wrote:They took the old skill which was useless 98% of the time and replaced it with a skill that is useless 99% of the time. That's a 1% decrease in productivity!

Technically, it's a 50% decrease in productivity.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Icyglare » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:35 pm

That Harpist needed to be changed, repeat revives every turn just stalled the game

Mermaids had nothing they can do when someone made the Wall of Rofl except Human Soldier hitting it for 40dmg with 1sp every turn, now they can actually attempt to lower that def back to 0. Also, aren't guardians a problem for mermaids as well?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Callonia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:43 pm

The new mermaid soldier human counters solar kingdom. Just drop an undine on emana and then have mermaid soldier human slash all the enemy units at 0 agility and they their current def =0 for the rest of the duel until they buff it back up via start skills or whatever. Yes its a buff.
Callonia

Postby gadu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Icyglare wrote:That Harpist needed to be changed, repeat revives every turn just stalled the game

The funny part was that they were calling it buff to fool the naive people.

Icyglare wrote:Mermaids had nothing they can do when someone made the Wall of Rofl except Human Soldier hitting it for 40dmg with 1sp every turn, now they can actually attempt to lower that def back to 0. Also, aren't guardians a problem for mermaids as well?

Mermaid's ATT can overcome most reasonable DEF and when all else fails, there is The Great Equalizer, Shecas. Icy, I'll have to show you the opening that let's Shufas one-shot Guardian someday. ;)

You are correct Khiruki. :oops:
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Callonia wrote:As a person who has once used ex:garfath like angelspawn. I take offense at your comment ;)

BEHOLD THE PICTURE OF EX GARFATH, LET ME DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION TOWARDS THE START SKILL NAMED STATIC SHIELD!

Please read it because I assure you the rng -1 is a permanent decrease. I tried to use him in the past to save units, It save units alright only to make them useless for the rest of the match or they get killed.

He has 15 stat points if you use the buff on himself every turn. That's 3 more than standard level 3. The fact that you can move the buff increases the versatility of the card. With the range decrease, if you really want it back, play cassowary king.

Weren't most of the stuff just added on to mermaids? Unless you mean you can't return a unit after mermaid spear does it or something. Yeah harpist was a nerf.
Icyman2

Postby Romdeau » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:31 pm

People are onto my secret harpist agenda!
Romdeau

Postby Callonia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Icyman2 wrote:
Callonia wrote:As a person who has once used ex:garfath like angelspawn. I take offense at your comment ;)

BEHOLD THE PICTURE OF EX GARFATH, LET ME DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION TOWARDS THE START SKILL NAMED STATIC SHIELD!

Please read it because I assure you the rng -1 is a permanent decrease. I tried to use him in the past to save units, It save units alright only to make them useless for the rest of the match or they get killed.

He has 15 stat points if you use the buff on himself every turn. That's 3 more than standard level 3. The fact that you can move the buff increases the versatility of the card. With the range decrease, if you really want it back, play cassowary king.

Weren't most of the stuff just added on to mermaids? Unless you mean you can't return a unit after mermaid spear does it or something. Yeah harpist was a nerf.

Cassowary king is ugly, try harder icyman.
Callonia

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Use with spiked shield to do 90 damage for free
At agi 1, 30 df 55 hp is pretty **** tanky. At 20 df the turn after you use the throw too.
Icyman2

Postby Jazzock » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:12 pm

gadu wrote:Mermaid Archer Human:

The last time I beat EN (which is hardly ever), I was using 3 Faytis and a Cyclone. You need a really polarized file to even stand a chance and pray they are not using Fierte SS which for some reason still has not been nerfed. The old version could have made that matchup more tolerable. A smart Pixy player is another really tough nut to crack and she could have been a difference maker.

The new version is good too, it's just that Mermaids are already strong against mid files, having three counter cards against them (four if you include Aquamancer, which I don't count), and the errata makes those matches even easier to win. If I had used PC to get two copies of this card like I was once planning, I would have flipped some tables after this errata.

Gadu... Merm archer's skill is like a 1SP and rangeless EX wiz archer's skill, you can shoot different units :?
I'm not seeing much of a difference here lol. Seems good vs rushes and mid/bigs. Also... the 'conditional' is way easier to get. I personally think this is better.

Gadu wrote: Mass revive also makes Mermaid's/Falkow's impossible matchups against Big Red easier. After the 50 HP nerf on 5* Emana and the recent nerf on mass revive, I don't think Mermaids will ever beat Allind and Co.

Yeah...Well... there's always the good ol' mermaid sorc [human] (the reason why I think merms have the best chance vs big-red lol) if you can time it right. And dancer...if it somehow survives long enough. This doesnt really worry me too much anyway lol since I never used harpist :lol:

Also...
Callonia wrote:Cassowary king is ugly

+1 lol
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart