Chat Behaviour and Forum Rules

Chat Behaviour and Forum Rules

Postby fargone » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:25 pm

Hello all,

I was hoping to get a group discussion going on chat behaviour and it's impact on the forums, and forum rules, and their impact on chat.

Having read the forums rules I see nothing in them relating to chat.

I haven't actually found any chat rules. However, being a chat regular (maybe the most regular when averaged out over a period of 4 years or so) I have the understand that chat is self regulated with no moderation. I also understand that chat and forums have no connection, though the latter is often a topic for discussion in the former. Chat can sometimes be an unruly place, but most often is very friendly. It is often the location for heated debates regarding alteil.

My question is this:

If somebody disagrees with somebody else in chat, do they deserve a forum ban?

That is to say, if someone has an argument in chat, should their posting rights her in the forums become forfeited?

It is my view (especially after having witnessed so much there) that chat is pretty much its own environment, policed by the people for the people. It has no permanent record of conversations (most often you can't even scroll up to see what was said 5 minutes ago) and is generally considered as a public domain for private conversations.

How do you feel about this? Please discuss.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Re: Chat Behaviour and Forum Rules

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:23 pm

fargone wrote:My question is this:

That is to say, if someone has an argument in chat, should their posting rights her in the forums become forfeited?

Is this a serious question?

If you could get forum banned for that, I would just go into chat, say that return needs a buff, and then get anyone forum banned who disagreed with me :D
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby justtmpuser » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:47 pm

But return indeed needs buff. This game is not dying fast enough for my taste with current, "balanced" and "fair" return (small letter since it applies to mechanic in general).
Buff ALL the returns!
justtmpuser

Postby fargone » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:55 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:My question is this:

Is this a serious question?

If you could get forum banned for that, I would just go into chat, say that return needs a buff, and then get anyone forum banned who disagreed with me :D

This is indeed a serious question. The reason I ask is that this exact thing has happened.

I am personally a little affronted by this. I was hoping yourself and others might share your feelings on this.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Callonia » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Nah. The common rule I see in other games is that if you get banned from chat, you still have forum access. If you get banned from both, oh well.
Callonia

Postby Icyglare » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:28 pm

I think if I got forum banned for something I said in chat, that's not going to work. I'm just going to go back to chat.

Something else needs to be done but I wish the ban of posting chat logs got lifted.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:35 pm

fargone wrote:This is indeed a serious question. The reason I ask is that this exact thing has happened.

What happened? Did someone piss Rom off in chat and get forum banned because of it?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Romdeau » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:12 pm

So here's my position on this issue:

Your behavior represents you and your account at all times whenever you are online. People have been and will continue to be moderated based on their behavior for arena based chat and/or plain old chat. The person in question in which fargone is concerned about clearly resents this because he is expressing his discontent to others. Now I am going to say here that this person has been incredibly rude in the chat-blatant open flaming and trolling that I do not need to repeat.

It doesn't matter if I'm the target or if I see someone else just raging at another individual in chat-if I see you do it, you better be prepared for consequences. If you report bad behavior in game and provide evidence (simple screen shot will do) we will investigate and take disciplinary action if needed.

When you log into Alteil, you have already agreed to a user agreement which you are expected to follow. This includes taking responsibility for the behavior displayed on your account. BTW simply "disagreeing" with someone is not enough to justify any kind of disciplinary action. If the person in question is claiming this, he is misrepresenting the truth.
Romdeau

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:36 pm

No lol. Where did you get this idea fargone? LOL

This never happens. If you say **** in chat you get banned in chat, not on forums. If you say **** on forums you get banned on forums, not in chat.
Seriously there is no site where you get banned on the forums for talking garbage in a chat.

The internet might be filled with idiots, but let's be real please there aren't idiots big enough to do just that, ban people on forum for what they've wrote in chat. XD
I honestly hope fargone isn't serious, because otherwise someone went full retard and you know that saying "never go full retard".

Surprise me fargone. Where on the internet did that miracle occur? :roll:
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby Shirozaki » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Romdeau wrote:So here's my position on this issue:

Your behavior represents you and your account at all times whenever you are online. People have been and will continue to be moderated based on their behavior for arena based chat and/or plain old chat. The person in question in which fargone is concerned about clearly resents this because he is expressing his discontent to others. Now I am going to say here that this person has been incredibly rude in the chat-blatant open flaming and trolling that I do not need to repeat.

It doesn't matter if I'm the target or if I see someone else just raging at another individual in chat-if I see you do it, you better be prepared for consequences. If you report bad behavior in game and provide evidence (simple screen shot will do) we will investigate and take disciplinary action if needed.

When you log into Alteil, you have already agreed to a user agreement which you are expected to follow. This includes taking responsibility for the behavior displayed on your account. BTW simply "disagreeing" with someone is not enough to justify any kind of disciplinary action. If the person in question is claiming this, he is misrepresenting the truth.

Since when do "disciplinary actions" include a forum banishment?

By what measure does someone that has countless times refused to acknowledge himself as part of the forum moderation reserve himself this level of judgement?
I am sorry, I fail to see this action as anything other than an impulsive reaction to your hurt pride. Has any action been taken on his game-account, the one actually responsible for the "violation"? No? Oh, yeah, you hold no power over those things, do you? Has Logress been informed about this, or whoever is in charge of community management?
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Next

Return to General Off Topic