2/25/13 Errata Changes

Official News and Announcements

Re: 2/25/13 Errata Changes

Postby angelspawns » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:25 pm

Yes, SpikedShield buff is a great one as i mentioned. You can also use ExBeneficient. In that regard this errata has been an upgrade from previous ones where with luck only 1 (Dandan) came out good from all buff attempts. There been good changes this errata. Folrart FlyingCavalry and SpikedShield are some of them.

It's also not that ExGarfath never been useful or had purpose, it's that i just can't wrap my head around changes like his. His -1Rng perma debuff is an outdated penalty; The first thing to notice when bringing old cards up to date. How you can turn that observation into a 1SP Skill far below Folrart standards is a questionmark to me. It's the worst version of the rangeless 'Flying Attack'. (1SP. Do Dmg:Atk to target unit)

They have lots of cool ideas (like Orthos), and then just fail to carry it home. It's like they don't know how to turn a concept into a viable addition. I've seen so many cards and errata's that are only a small tweak away from usage... it's saddening. Everytime you go "damn... just 1 more Agi and it'd work", "Just remove the 50%Atk part", "Just lower Atk and add to Rng or HP", "make Shieldbreaker random Def>0", "Bash random disengaged unit", "Remove the 'and then' clausule", "make auto into start", and so forth. The most obvious and basic tweaks if you actually start picturing it in a working file. Then there's missed opportunities and potential to further enhance a cards purpose. Add " Abel. StartSkill: Target gets This unit's Agi=Rng for this turn" BAM! -1Agi gets workable, "ExGarfath. Action: Switch Friendly unit's Rng and Agi." BAM! refresh that Rng at cost of Agi, "MermaidSoldier[Human]. Start: Friendly unit gets Agi-1, for this turn. Random Rival unit in rng gets Agi-1." BAM! actionskill has a disengaged mermaid. But i know Logress is against most huge changes, and he is the final decision maker (you can thank him for that FolrartShield buff)... I got no hope or confidence in this game's errata methods with the current chain of command. It lacks someone standing at that top with a clear view of what makes a card viable, what's needed to make it work and fit into a file/folrart. And that leaves me with an awful feeling concerning this games future. -.-
Last edited by angelspawns on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelspawns

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:33 pm

angelspawns wrote:I got no hope or confidence in this game's errata methods with the current chain of command. It lacks someone standing at that top with a clear view of what makes a card viable, what's needed to make it work and fit into a file/folrart. And that leaves me with an awful feeling concerning this games future. -.-

No offense to Rom or Logress but I sort of agree with you here. Most errata decisions take this approach of finding ways to make small tweaks without holistic perspectives about what's really going on.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby gadu » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:44 pm

The way it was worded, I didn't think you could target different units with Archer. Thanks for the heads up Jazz. Maybe she will be really stronk...
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby gabotheplaya » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:35 am

gadu wrote:
Icyglare wrote:That Harpist needed to be changed, repeat revives every turn just stalled the game

The funny part was that they were calling it buff to fool the naive people.

Funny part is, its a 1/3 buff, 1/3 neutral and a 1/3 nerf for my file... which effectively got hit 4x by the errata... and only that 1/3 is what i feel is undeserved.

Mermaid Harpist in my file:
A basic sac tank unit to prevent early iczer attack as i set-up a big turn 3 with the sp i got during turn 2. (40hp 5 def beybeh!)
A spirit returner for when i need to recycle or i don't want it to grave yet (free without refeese levels)
A reviver of the only 2 mermaids i have in my file (i very rarely need to revive both the same turn so 1 mermaid revive is really all i need)
Bonus: Mermaid so it works with princess key/Emana.

Now:
I can't use it as an iczer attack block now because it'll return my jewel if i play it EVEN WITH 0 REF SPHERE (the control over that return was something i loved)
I can return spirits for free now, good buff.
I still get to revive a mermaid as before for the same overall cost and same estimate value since i usually only need to revive 1 anyway.
Bonus: its still a mermaid

That is all. :D
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby gadu » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm curious about why Justice SS nerfed? I bet nobody has ever used that SS even once. It was pretty bad.
gadu

Postby Logress » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:01 pm

You can control the return with Harpist if you set your Refess to 1 or higher it won't return...
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby gabotheplaya » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:39 pm

Logress wrote:You can control the return with Harpist if you set your Refess to 1 or higher it won't return...

Although true, its also impossible the way i use it...

I have 2 SP and 3 falk on the turn that i have to play it in my open...

Which again reinforces the notion that you guys have been watching me play and you wanted to remove my counter-open because you'd rather give me an "Early iczer attack aggression weakness".
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby gadu » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:45 am

gadu wrote:The way it was worded, I didn't think you could target different units with Archer. Thanks for the heads up Jazz. Maybe she will be really stronk...

No, I think I liked it the way it was before. Now you must include Mermaid Dancer in order to maximize her effect and the problem is that it costs a set phase, space is so tight in a memaid file, and the unit you get on the field is not very good (she might be helpful against Big Red, but a smart player will make sure she is not helpful). The previous version was easy to meet the condition and you could fire away three units every turn. I still think it was a nerf.
gadu

Postby gadu » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:20 am

gadu wrote:
gadu wrote:The way it was worded, I didn't think you could target different units with Archer. Thanks for the heads up Jazz. Maybe she will be really stronk...

No, I think I liked it the way it was before. Now you must include Mermaid Dancer in order to maximize her effect and the problem is that it costs a set phase, space is so tight in a memaid file, and the unit you get on the field is not very good (she might be helpful against Big Red, but a smart player will make sure she is not helpful). The previous version was easy to meet the condition and you could fire away three units every turn. I still think it was a nerf.

I can't talk enough about this card's errata. When Shufas got errata treatment, she really synergized with the old archer. You could play Mermaid Transformation and hold the field with just Shufas (who could hit one unit really hard to fight off mids) and Archer (who could hit rushes really fast at 5 AGI). This duo actually solved one of the serious weaknesses with Mermaid files: relying entirely on Metia to win the round. They helped distribute the power a little bit.

You can't do that any more with the new archer because she nukes her own RNG and then you have to play a relatively crappy Mermaid to get the RNG back up, which means you get stuck in a SP sink and won't be able to play Transform to give her the important AGI and ATT boost so she acts first and takes out the key 40 HP units.

I can't express how much this change pisses me off. It makes me think that the players who came up with these crackpot changes are total noobs when it comes to their experience with boobs. The last time I felt this disenchanted with Alteil was when it took 8 faction pack purchases to get three copies of Giant Gorilla.
gadu

Postby Icyglare » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:09 am

She can pinpoint atk 3 times in one turn in exchange for 1sp and -1rng! :!: No need to rely on grimcounts
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart