Struggling with Refess

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Struggling with Refess

Postby justtmpuser » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:51 pm

mdpeterson42 wrote:I've been running a Solar Kingdom deck or the Lapierre prebuilt and I can't seem to have any success.

Welcome to Refess. PROTIP: get used to it or change sphere.
justtmpuser

Postby mdpeterson42 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:08 am

justtmpuser wrote:
mdpeterson42 wrote:I've been running a Solar Kingdom deck or the Lapierre prebuilt and I can't seem to have any success.

I think you just won the thread.
mdpeterson42

Postby mdpeterson42 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:14 am

Romdeau wrote:There are some standard cards outside of the starters, I think you can find out which cards specifically somewhere on the main website. I'm not sure, but I think they are the same cards as the ones that come with the old starters.

good point - I actually won't lose my ruby carbuncle, but I think I will still lose the rest.
mdpeterson42

Postby Khiruki » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:19 am

mdpeterson42 wrote:
Romdeau wrote:There are some standard cards outside of the starters, I think you can find out which cards specifically somewhere on the main website. I'm not sure, but I think they are the same cards as the ones that come with the old starters.

good point - I actually won't lose my ruby carbuncle, but I think I will still lose the rest.

The trade is very much worth it. Also,

That sentiment is terribly outdated. Refess does just fine.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Icyglare » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:36 am

Change the title to Struggling with LV3 Solar Kingdom + Guardian
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Romdeau » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:47 am

Khiruki wrote:That sentiment is terribly outdated. Refess does just fine.

Agreed, while that used to be the running joke of Alteil (and fairly true) it just doesn't hold any water at this point. I think most people consider Refess to possess a variety of competitive files.
Romdeau

Postby mdpeterson42 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:53 am

Khiruki wrote:
The trade is very much worth it. Also,

OK, I took the plunge ("we fear change.").
mdpeterson42

Postby hexagram » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:14 am

Jazzock wrote:This is an outline of several files types within refess and the common cards found within it. These threads are essentially an updated version of Harvests threads. These aim to make it easier for newer players to see what works well together and hopefully allow them to make their own exciting files. I'd like to thank The Circle - Especially NitroDino and Icyman who helped make the outlines and provided some links. I'd also like to thank everyone who gave their support in doing this. Special Thanks once again to harvest4god who inspired these threads. I will try to keep these updated.
Note that I am defining 'rush' files as Lv 1-3 files, Mids as files which use at least 1 Lv 4-6 unit and Bigs as files which usually use at least 1 Lv 7-9 unit for simplicity.

The Other Threads
The Circle's List of File Types - Lawtia
The Circle's List of File Types - Gowen
The Circle's List of File Types - Falkow
The Circle's List of File Types - Multisphere

Contains:
RUSH
- HKL
- Buncles
- EM
- SK
MID
- Mid Solar Kingdom
- Knights
- TGC
BIG
- Starmander/Big Ref

Coming Soon
-

Cards Useful for most refess files:
Talisman of Disruption * Kills undead and gives DEF buff.
The General's Order *** Gives attack boosts to your units, good timing can help avoid several removal soul skills.
Key to the Holy Realm *** If timed well this grimoire could save your units from an untimely death to soul skills.
Faerie Blessing Makes your units immune to engage until the end of next turn.
Fallen Moon Child / Miffyre ***** Start skill sp generation, potentially allowing for quickly rushing units.
Like the Hand of God *** Refess go-to grimoire for dealing with extremely difficult to kill/ dangerous units.

Low Level / Rush Files

HKL (Holy Knight Lapierre)
This file is essentially the definition of refess playstyle. The aim of this file is to get many level Lv 2-3, 1-2 agi refess units on the field at once and have Holy Knight Lapierre buff them. Many of the cards are fairly low rarity and key cards can be obtained easily by getting the 'Lapierre's Legion' Pre-built file in the shop.

Key Units:
Holy Knight / Lapierre EX File isn't called HKL for nothing
Boy Combat Priest * or similar SP+2 SS, nearly essential to survive against falkow.

Common Cards:
Knight of Frailty / Etoile Allows your units to gain attack faster.
Elite Folrart Acolyte * Tank unit, buffs friendlies left and right and itself, decent attack.
Folrart Charge Knight ** Decent ranged unit with a decent action skill.
Folrart Unicorn Knight Buffs Knight subtype, decent ranged unit with a trait that makes it a character slayer.
Folrart Heavy Knight ** Good tank who is immune to grimoires.
Folrart Hammer Soldier ** Very high hp and can deal lots of damage based on how much hp it has lost.
Folrart Greatsword Soldier ** Decent stats with a funny counter skill.
EX: Lycanthrope [Brahma] EX Self sustained morning which allows for healing towards end of turn.
Spined Armadillo * Counter can deal lots of damage and ignores DEF.
Priest of the Holy Weapon * Buffs attack of units and then slows itself down to agi 2 which allows him to get buffed by HKL
Instant revival ** To revive Lapierre with.
Sunbeam Cage ** Underused Grimoire that is very good against non-refess files.
The General's Order *** Helps avoid assassin soul skills, and gives up to +20 attack to friendly units.
Emerald Carbuncle ** Good open, helps activates soul skills, acts as 'filler' in between spamming Lv3s.
Folrart Archer * Powerful refess ranged unit. Who can average up to 1.5 attack/turns

Example File:
Lapierre's Legion Prebuild

Videos:
N/A

[/url]
Guides Index Thread

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum