Chat Behaviour and Forum Rules

Re: Chat Behaviour and Forum Rules

Postby fargone » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:50 pm

Romdeau wrote:So here's my position on this issue:

Your behavior represents you and your account at all times whenever you are online. People have been and will continue to be moderated based on their behavior for arena based chat and/or plain old chat. The person in question in which fargone is concerned about clearly resents this because he is expressing his discontent to others. Now I am going to say here that this person has been incredibly rude in the chat-blatant open flaming and trolling that I do not need to repeat.

It doesn't matter if I'm the target or if I see someone else just raging at another individual in chat-if I see you do it, you better be prepared for consequences. If you report bad behavior in game and provide evidence (simple screen shot will do) we will investigate and take disciplinary action if needed.

When you log into Alteil, you have already agreed to a user agreement which you are expected to follow. This includes taking responsibility for the behavior displayed on your account. BTW simply "disagreeing" with someone is not enough to justify any kind of disciplinary action. If the person in question is claiming this, he is misrepresenting the truth.

I would firstly like to point out that the person you banned from the forums has made NO complaints about the issue AT ALL. Please put your rage face away you hypocrite.

I would secondly like to point out that serious trolling from chat has been pointed out on a number of occasions. You are aware of this. Chat behaviour has never been cause of forum bans. You can find examples of people posting that stuff in forums, and the person being attacked gets the warning not the aggressor from chat. Again, hypocritical behaviour.

It was a third party that brought this to my attention through general conversation. They were present at the time, though not involved. They felt your ban was not only out of character, but showed a certain lack of character. I understand you were upset. Let us all recognise something here rom - you personally, can NOT stand criticism. Sadly, your fears create situations where you will be. Like this one.

I put it to the general community, as well as the GM's:

Why is it possible to get this ban in this game that you get in no other game - and only when you insult Rom personally? Why are the rest of us not covered by this rule?

Or is this just another case of someone abusing their "power." I would like to point out that Rom actually threatened to gun this person down and was very emotional at the time. Is it OK to threaten people in chat? Disagreeing with someone's view is one thing, but actually threatening someone (with gun violence) and then banning them? I find this behaviour abhorrent. I would be seeking an apology from Romdeau if I were him.

Abuse of power and hissy fits. They are what they are.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Callonia » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:09 am

Personally I think alteil is pretty flexible on rules. DG ran amok on the forums despite me poking logress several times about it. Basically put, don't be a tard and u won't be banned.

And Logress wonders why noone pmed him about him accidently ending ex sale thingie a month early? Something like that I can't remember.

Although it was kinda funny at how quickly DG got discovered despite him posting on an forum acct that was posted by someone else before.
Callonia

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:59 pm

Callonia wrote:Basically put, don't be a tard and u won't be banned.

LOL! No. Alteil just has double standards.

DG was banned when he argued with logress the grinding rewards. Basically he was banned for the wrong reasons. Not because he was spamming and overly repetitive. Imo he should've been banned for being boring, which he really was at some point.

Besides you can be absolutely retarded and still not get a ban. Gon is the perfect example for that.
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Yes, you cannot get banned for stupidity. We should all be grateful.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby fargone » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:50 pm

Perhaps an apology would fix it.

Do you think Rom has enough spine to undo his knee-jerk reaction to being called spineless?

I think this would be a good test.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

fargone

Postby gadu » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:28 pm

fargone wrote:Perhaps an apology would fix it.

He should also put our threads back in General Discussion. ;th2
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:55 am

He removed my happy memories thread as well D;
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:05 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:He removed my happy memories thread as well D;

Maybe those memories weren't that happy after all. :lol:
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby fargone » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:47 pm

When you look at the forums in their entirety, there are only around 10 people posting.

Rom is not only ignoring the messages of each and every one, but he moving their stuff around, upsetting them in general... I think maybe he's just trying to make his job easier by upsetting everyone to the point where they no longer post.

I can't be sure, but you do the math.
GonFreeces31 wrote:

fargone

Postby gadu » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:27 pm

fargone wrote:When you look at the forums in their entirety, there are only around 10 people posting.

Rom is not only ignoring the messages of each and every one, but he moving their stuff around, upsetting them in general... I think maybe he's just trying to make his job easier by upsetting everyone to the point where they no longer post.

I can't be sure, but you do the math.

I'll do some math on people who have been made unhappy.

Lecaf made a miracle appearance for the first time in months expressing her discontent about the Mermaid changes and False Hero Romdeau locked the thread in response. She has not returned since.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14234&start=130

Gon dissented about the balance and lack of errata about Duchy Blitz and False Hero Romdeau False Slashed the thread into a lock.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=14250&start=10

Angelspawn, Gadu, and others have been critical about several aspects of the errata in the following threads and every post has been completely ignored by officials, will probably continue to be ignored, and might as well be considered a symbolic lock by False Hero Romdeau.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14258&start=20

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14247&start=80

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14251&start=20

I am unhappy. Add me as a statistic.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

PreviousNext

Return to General Off Topic