Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Official News and Announcements

Re: Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:02 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Well I mean the current system is pretty much unsustainable. This game is mostly veterans who seem to be slowly leaving. If Alteil is going to make it they pretty much need a huge wave of new players. With some of the infrastructure upgrades it might be possible to retain new players especially if they all hit crest at the same time. I mean I hope it goes well but it's pretty clear that unless they can attract and retain new players this game will go under.

We are making a B-line with all efforts to make GGG's drawing a reality to breathe much needed new life into the game.
MysteryMan

Postby tropireno » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:18 am

So auction house IS coming this month right?
tropireno

Postby Romdeau » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:19 am

tropireno wrote:So auction house IS coming this month right?

More like they're going to start working on it this month.
Romdeau

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:43 am

tropireno wrote:So auction house IS coming this month right?

The auction house will be up by the 31st. What is actually going into the auction house depends on how much is actually completed by then.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:05 pm

Only a few more hours until cat is pushed live
MysteryMan

Postby hexagram » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:30 am

IDEA 1 Change fm system Only use bought gran for auction house

See my post below for IDEA 2

To make auction house feasable for both alteil sake and for the customers I proposed the following changes or something along these lines.

Anyone can sell on auction house (above a certain level 50?) and anyone can buy but people can only use gran to buy encouraging people to atleast donate a little to alteil.

So the only way to earn gran will be to donate to alteil or to recyle cards the conventional way.

Weekly gran and mirage master will give fm instead. The fm system needs to be altered as a result with fm given out in battles needing to be altered /lowered e.g. 1loser fm, 2 winner fm.The cost of point cards will need to be reduced accordingly e.g. 125fm Also fm lotto e.g.5fm for above system. Before the system is changed convert all of peoples fm to point cards rounded up and change daily duelist system so it gives no fm to users under lvl 25 or alteast less fm.

Each item in the shop should also get an fm value which should be as equal or similar to the gran value. maybe 10% more for special sales for example?

Also there should be a minimum starting price for each card of 200% its value. althought the seller can set a higher minimum price.
Also a maximum bidding price of 2000 gran for all cards except 4and 5 stars which have a maximum of 4000 gran.

Also a 10% transaction fee rounded up that goes to alteil so for a 1000 gran bid. 900 fm goes to the selling player with alteil keeping 100gran/fm.

so minimum price
1star: 10 gran -1gran fee
2star:20 gran-2 gran fee
3star:60 gran- 6gran fee
4star;300 gran- 30 gran fee
5star;600 gran- 60 gran fee

maximum price
1star ro 3 star:2000 gran- 200gan fee
4star to 5star:4000 gran- 400 gran fee

Auction has to be available for a minimum of a 3 days?

Also consider an option to sell cards directly to players but at minimum 1000% recycle rate and 40% transaction fee.

Consider making it so 1stars are purchasable for fm if seller allows e.g. for a minimum of 125fm in new system same as the cost of a pt card.
Last edited by hexagram on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby MysteryMan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:13 am

Chat is live but buggy. Expect multiple patches in time.

edit:

One big bug that should be fixed tonight - if you click chat, close it, and click chat again it'll crash (you have to go to chat.apocoplay.com directly or refresh your iczer page and click chat again). This should be fixed tomorrow morning.
MysteryMan

Postby Logress » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:59 am

hexagram, your ideas are pretty solid and not dissimilar to a number of things we've been hammering out, I'm impressed.

One thing though, is it looks like you're saying the user spends Gran, but the Seller gets FM. That's some concept we're having a lot of trouble with. Since Gran only goes into the system, but doesn't come out, it doesn't really work like an economy. Meaning, the number of potential sellers is unlimited, but potential buyers is limited to spending players, leading to an extreme buyer's market where no one is willing to spend anything over whatever the system's minimum price is -- and even then, only for the highest-use cards. However, if you can sell for gran, we need to limit which cards (meaning depending on how you got the cards) you can sell, otherwise people can use alts and farm cards from Crest all day. Either way has its own challenges.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby hexagram » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:05 pm

check out my idea. Original posts here including Logress comments

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14214&start=60

IDEA 2 Keep fm system as it is. Icrease transaction fee and minimum price. Gran gotten in all forms can be used for auction

yeah logress

I had a jisc of your teams ideas from this forum and I just adapted it a bit and added more details. It is just to give you an idea and the exact details may need slight altering.

I very much get you.

OK here is another suggestion which probably works out much simpler

change it to 300%of recycle rate minimum price and only gran can be used to buy cards.

However the seller recieves gran not fm but increase the transaction fee to something like 50%.(although this transaction fee seems very high with 40% being more reasonable)

That way even at the minimum price the seller will a bit more than the the recycle value of the card as gran.
And the high transaction fee will limit the effect of alts and basically give this sale event a maximum recycle rate of 50% which is very good considering the buying is targeted.

The thing with alteil is that a minimum price of 300% is not really optimal for alteils sake if applied to all cards as the recycle rate does not really represent the rarity of the cards and how hard it is to get higher rarity cards as a flat rate of 300% is probably not optimal for all the rarity of cards maybe. For example since 4* and 5* are much harder to get they may warrrant a minimum price recyle rate of 350*% +.
300% flat rate is a rough idea. I am sure you can work out the optimum mimimum % recycle cost of each rarity of card.

This way

so minimum price
1star: 15 gran -8gran fee,
2star:30 gran-15 gran fee
3star:90 gran- 45gran fee
4star;450 gran- 225 gran fee
5star;900 gran- 450 gran fee

so seller gets half the selling price. which is equal to 150% of the normal recyle rate so even at the mimimum price the seller has an incentive to sell as they get 50% more gran than recyling alone.

maximum price
1star rto 3 star:2000 gran- 1000gan fee
4star to 5star:4000 gran- 2000 gran fee

Auction has to be available for a minimum of a 3 days?

[b]The above system is preferble as you do not need to alter the fm system and can leave it as it is.[/b] Hower make sure you test out the auction system thouroughly before it goes live as you said the system is not used to giving gran. So make sure the seller gets the right amount of gran. Also make sure only one copy of the sold card is removed from the seller and one copy gained for the buyer. I am sure this sounds obvious and you know this but it is crucial. As any bugs can lead to massive complications on your part especially if it is exploitable like the unlimited free daily lotto fiasco.

Also bear in mind that if it is an auction the selling price will increase much more as more people bid on it.

Unless you make it a buy it now option.Then you need to increase the minimum price %recyle rate a lot more.

such as idea from above again
Also consider an option to sell cards directly to players but at minimum 1000%recycle rate and 40% transaction fee.

and Consider making it so 1stars are purchasable for fm if seller allows e.g. for a minimum of 2000fm? in current system of fm to make 1stars more accessible for free players if auction is paying player exclusive for buying.

The above ideas are very solid and the mimimum price based of % recycle value and the transaction fee % can be easily altered to make the system more benefical to alteil or to the customers.

Also I almost forgot. Consider making it so only people who have donated to alteil even 1$ can buy (or both buy and sell) in the auction system indefinately. This is what urban rivals do I think and helps limit effect of alts. (However in urban rivals there you also have the option to sell stuff directly to players) and the minimum purchase is 5 dollars in alteil so this needs to be decreased to 1 dollar or even 50 cents. With the added systems of different ways to pay noone will have the excuse not to play the 50cents/1dollar unless they would leave the game anyway. This also encourages free players to spend atleast a little and it is definately worth it atleast to use the auction house. Plus once people start spending atleast a little they are likely to spend again even if it is just modestly but it all adds up.
Last edited by hexagram on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 11 times in total.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:37 pm

hexagram wrote:Anyone can sell on auction house (above a certain level 50?) and anyone can buy but people can only use gran to buy encouraging people to atleast donate a little to alteil.

So the only way to earn gran will be to donate to alteil or to recyle cards the conventional way.

That's awful.

Won't play the game if it doesn't stay free but instead forces the HUGE SPENDING on all players.
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart