Job Posting

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Job Posting

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:32 am

Alteil is an online multiplayer card game. We are looking to move to the game to next level using a #unity3d frontend and a #dotnet stack back-end using the agile methodology via Telerik #teampulse and source controlled by #github .

We are looking for additional top-level developers to help us with Unity 3d and#csharp work.

This contract is not for the main project but a pre-screening. Since this pre-screening is an actual contract that will take 20 hours, you will be paid for your time. The pre-screening consists of working with and developing .NET apis while communicating with a frontend Unity 3d client while participating in code reviews.

As part of your application, please answer the following question:
You are shown a set of four cards placed on a table, each of which has a number on one side and a colored patch on the other side. The visible faces of the cards show 6, 7, red and blue. Which card(s) must you turn over in order to test the truth of the proposition that if a card shows an even number on one face, then its opposite face is red?

https://www.odesk.com/jobs/~017c36d4716f35f021 (Applications through odesk only, please)
MysteryMan

Re: Job Posting

Postby shadowsketch » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:23 pm

I noticed that there's another position for a HTML5/CSS3/Javascript developer that's also on oDesk. Is that position also available?
shadowsketch

Postby hexagram » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:46 am

sounds like gibberish to me the tech talk that is.

Do we really need to rewrite alteil in html or whatever that is. I think it is not broke don't fix it but you guys probably know better.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Quigleaf » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:56 am

hexagram wrote:sounds like gibberish to me the tech talk that is.

Do we really need to rewrite alteil in html or whatever that is. I think it is not broke don't fix it but you guys probably know better.

They are not rewriting the code in html (which is the language used for webpages), they are using another "platform" (Unity).

I'm no programmer, but Unity was developed to support two of the more popular programming languages, C# and Javascript. That means anyone that can write C# and knows some Javascript (the language commonly used for web animations that are not flash-based) should understand it.

They are moving from the Flash-based client (or whatever we have now) to a Unity-based one. You, as an Alteil user, will note the difference: a more robust system will be able to perform better renderings of both graphics, sound and performance. Probably attack/unit animations? I know Unity is very popular to develop web apps with above-than-average graphic requirements, specially 3D capabilities and increased performance (it's faster).

TL;DR Alteil will look prettier and it will be a better game, don't worry.
There's way too much variety to get from pulls. You get used to it. I… I don't even see the names. All I see is 5 gran, 30 gran, 10 gran.
Hey, you, uh… wanna play?
Quigleaf

Postby hexagram » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:15 am

will we need to download a plugin for unity. Also I disabled java because of potential security issues I read on the news and alteil seems to work fine with just flash at the moment.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Quigleaf » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:18 pm

hexagram wrote:will we need to download a plugin for unity.
Also I disabled java because of potential security issues I read on the news and alteil seems to work fine with just flash at the moment.

1. I guess not.

2. Java≠Javascript. By the way, I guess the end product will still be Flash-based, just with a different software architecture (they are using a different way to build it, that's it).

In any case, we need dev's input here, as those are just guesses.
There's way too much variety to get from pulls. You get used to it. I… I don't even see the names. All I see is 5 gran, 30 gran, 10 gran.
Hey, you, uh… wanna play?
Quigleaf

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm pretty sure the intention is to eliminate Flash.

Which is good. I hope no Unity plugin will be necessary either. Unity is good for 3d but I've heard it has to be bent in weird ways to do 2d afaik.

If they use Java I expect maybe something with GWT to eliminate the need for a client.
LoneKnight

Return to Alteil General Discussion