Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Official News and Announcements

Re: Sprint #5 2/15 to 3/1

Postby hexagram » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:44 pm

ForgotPassNotWorking wrote:
hexagram wrote:Anyone can sell on auction house (above a certain level 50?) and anyone can buy but people can only use gran to buy encouraging people to atleast donate a little to alteil.

So the only way to earn gran will be to donate to alteil or to recyle cards the conventional way.

That's awful.

Won't play the game if it doesn't stay free but instead forces the HUGE SPENDING on all players.

Yep look at my next post. Basically everyone can buy and sell(above lvl 50? to limit alts).

At a mimimum recycle value of 300% and a 50% transaction fee (both are variable depends what gms decide in end)

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:53 pm

Well you know what that exception most likely won't be added. This is an assumption based on my experience with alteil. It never adds the good parts.

See LH for example? Well of course you can't see it, because it wasn't added.

All i see in the game is spending + spending events + the 1v1 which is basically requiring huge spending for you to have a reasonable experience that is at least equally enjoyable to all other players.
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby Logress » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:18 pm

Notice that as part of his idea:

Each item in the shop should also get an fm value which should be as equal or similar to the gran value. maybe 10% more for special sales for example?
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Callonia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:31 pm

Logress wrote:Notice that as part of his idea:

Each item in the shop should also get an fm value which should be as equal or similar to the gran value. maybe 10% more for special sales for example?

So that means cards like ex cards or set 1-13 as it is would be now purchasable with FM?
Callonia

Postby hexagram » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:08 pm

yep accoriding to idea 1. Plus fm will be set at 0 for all converted to pt cards. Plus it will be hard to get fm- like gran now. Fm system will be changed.

Idea 2 is more reasonable as the fm system can be left alone.

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

hexagram

Postby gaogaigirl » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:18 am

The new layout looks amazing! The 3D perspective is a refreshing take on Alteil and with visual effects it can only get better. (animations when: cards move from/on board, info screens, card actions and the like)
From a players perspective the first thing i liked was the SP count of both players TOGETHER centre/bottom of the screen. Players will catch on quicker to the importance and how certain actions are influencing this SP flow.

I'm also looking for making the Sp use to make more sense. I haven't worked it all out yet but I aim to have users "grab" Sp from the SP bar and put into the sphere (which is now a sphere instead of a box =_+)

I know how hard it can be to utilize the given space and fit all elements in. Throwing things around and adjusting inches to make things more visually appealing... So i'm not saying that everything will be possible, but i do like to suggest the following points of attention for its functionality;

- The game is easier to learn if it flows step by step into 1 direction. Taking the most logical order quickens ones understanding of the gameplay.
From left to right a card follows the route: Cardpile->PlayedCard(left) -> Board(center) -> Cemetery->OutOfGame(right). Try to put most(virtually impossible to do, i know) of the relevant elements to that corresponding part of the board. So if you follow the card into the cemetery you'll also see the LP decrease with the SoulCard triggering there, instead of having things activate all over the screen.

Actually the reason I put (and most games do this) the file on the right instead of the left is simply most people are right handed. While this is a virtual environment I want the movement to feel as natural as possible.

- Some Elements are closely related and better not seperated:
* LifePoint counter+SoulCards+Avatar. They make up your LP, and in Alteil the Avatar is the icon for the very last LP triggering. I wish there was another indication of that extra 1LP so there's more freedom to its placement. But as it stands now it'll feel quite weird leaving 1LP hanging after all soulcards.

working on that. it is supposed to be "you" hopefully I can get the life meter to show this better. maybe putting a pulsing glow on your avatar as you're last LP is exposed.

* Avatar & Assistant. (&Chatbox/"balloon"? Visualizing it's your avatar speaking)
* SP and Spherelevels.

This is all easily said but an immense effort to accomplish. Space will not always allow it and placement may turn into a visual horror that way. I tried to move some elements around on my own (hope you don't mind GGG!) With alot of puzzling i found some sort of order for most elements, but not without raising questionmarks. For one i don't even see a chatbox in current design? Won't it be incorporated in the game's design as permanent feature that never leaves the screen? Or is it a tab you can slide from the side. I also lack elements like the assistant for instance. Some things popup without needing negative space like current card selection, but what about reserving some negative space for popups like skillinfo or cards in cemetery? (like when you click cemetery pile, a box could slide up covering the cemetery pile and its negative space) I was spending way too much time questioning things and nobody to ask them to, so i quit lol.

I wish you all the luck GGG. It's so easy to stare yourself blind on these things and get frustrated. (speaking out of personal experience though) But it's also where the fun lies, like solving a giant puzzle. At some point the pieces will fall together. ;p[/quote]

it's still a work in progress. I always step away from work for a few days so I can look at it with fresh eyes (you do end up going in circles). I'm checking out 3D backgrounds for the changing of time (no I did not forget that idea :) ) right now I'm wrestling with the auction house. I'll post more when I have something soild.
gaogaigirl

Postby Aoi » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:30 pm

Just wondering is the way character conversations happen gonna change appearance wise?
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby hexagram » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:42 pm

gaogaigirl wrote:I'm trying to balance the positive and negative space as well as making the two sides s mirror of each other. the positions of all parts are the same on both sides so to you it is the opposite. here is further progress of today's conecpts.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27295792@N04/8514360156/in/photostream

nice

but I am used to what we have now. Maybe make a poll asking which layout people prefer. If there is an option to switch between layouts in game that would be great.
Last edited by hexagram on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hexagram

Postby Callonia » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:02 pm

its great and all, but it seems like you guys completely forgot about the battle assistants, where are their icons supposed to be at?
Callonia

Postby Aoi » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:07 pm

What did those battle assistants even do again?
ImageImage
Aoi

PreviousNext

Return to Castle Folrart