Why Death Touch is OP.

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Why Death Touch is OP.

Postby Callonia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:48 pm

hexagram wrote:not op as far as I can tell.

Callonia says: 'Everything is op that can beat my low rp files' plus

Callonia says:'I hate the return grim and hate playing against it plus I say it is op while it is just strong at best'

no offense callonia but that is what I think

Ahh, so you let the RP influence your judgement. I am not going to bother arguing with you other than inform you this.. I only complain about something that I genuinely think is op. Autowin files. And you're just listening to me complaining instead of presenting such evidence to disprove it. No text only hearsay evidence, I want replays.

EN with fierte/removals is pretty op autowin file when it gets the right matchup but I don't complain about it that much except when I get bored and feel like kicking something.

Pixies was op and broken beyond belief when only GMBs could beat them on reliable basis and they got nerfed to acceptable degree.

I have yet to see a good replay pwning silver star WKs with return spam and diondora etc etc something so thus, they are op because I try plenty of times and haven't quite succeeded even when you bane all their returns, they rage and kill you with their superior agility and dps.

DEFS of ye olde days was op and broken beyond belief to the point where I could copy exact same file and make horrible mistakes and win anyways for lulz.

I warn you don't let current rp influence your judgement, otherwise you will be losing 50 rp out of no where and be upset because a "low rp player" beat u. Blacksunrx suffers from this syndrome.

GonFreeces31 wrote:Fun Fact: Death Touch originally was supposed to do 5 damage to a target when it applied the status. Romdeau whined about how that wouldn't help him beat star dragon. It then got changed to doing 0 damage so that you can use it on star dragon or other counter skill units without having to worry about counter skills.

True story. I was opposed to this, for the record.

:o

Romdeau?
Callonia

Postby gadu » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:50 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Fun Fact: Death Touch originally was supposed to do 5 damage to a target when it applied the status. Romdeau whined about how that wouldn't help him beat star dragon. It then got changed to doing 0 damage so that you can use it on star dragon or other counter skill units without having to worry about counter skills.

True story. I was opposed to this, for the record.

:shock:

Now I understand how the balance team operates. There must be someone on the team that is deathly afraid of his L2 file being challenged. Let's look at some evidence:

Exhibit A: https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/card ... php?id=994

I'll try not to talk about how much this card was screwed up any more. Great, versatile card turned into a card that I wager will never be used.

Exhibit B: https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/card ... php?id=549

I used this card in my MN file before the errata and took it out immediately after the errata. She helped me win an EN battle VERY narrowly and also had many key turns against WK with their owl sage and L2 free revivors. Now for her to be helpful, you need to pray for EXTREME luck and instead of hitting everything for 50 DMG, she now hits randomly for 20 DMG.

Great card turned into a card that will only be used by noobs who think that randomness and burning mechanic is viable in Folrart.

Exhibit C: Fierte SS creating many auto-win scenarios still has not received its comeuppance.
Last edited by gadu on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:51 pm

Yeah. I mean didn't it ever seem weird to you that the skill starts like this: "Do [damage: 0] to target enemy unit." Instead of "Target unit has status death touch."? Well, it's cause it used to do 5 damage.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:56 pm

gadu wrote:Now I understand how the balance team operates.

Yeah right before I got kicked off the balance team for refusing to help or spend any time on it, Logress was using anecdotes to justify poor design. I asked if he was trolling, cause using anecdotes is like one of the best ways to troll. Lots of trolls make a living by refuting empirical claims with anecdotal stories, for example. Well anyway, shortly thereafter they kicked me off.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Romdeau » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:03 pm

Gon you were removed for your negative attitude and consistent, repeated expression that you lacked interest and time to invest. Instead of dragging out the inevitable, we just catalyzed the process.
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Which is totally fine. A number of factors have led me to not care about this game whatsoever anymore. Seems to be a pretty common feeling among people who played this game at one point or another...
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:04 pm

I'm saying this as a single person, unaffilated to anyone. Not as a self proclaimed voice of the forums, or the mods, or the testers/balance team, whatever.

All that out of the way:

You care so little about the game that you stay at the forums to ****. Seriously?

You like the game? Then don't be such a negative nancy because it sure as hell isn't helping. Shape the **** up.
You don't like the game? Get out. You don't need to be here. I don't want you to be here.

PS: Liking the game doesn't mean you can't criticize it. This does not however mean you should be a douchebag about it. And you are. And it hurts because once upon a time, you were a reasonable, useful person for the site, for the community, for the game.

PPS: This isn't just for Gon. You probably know who you are. This was my go-to place for more than a years (years? I don't even know) and now I'm chased away by your short sighted, selfish, conceited garbage that makes me **** sick to my stomach.

Sorry for the OFF, I'll go back to hiding now, no need to put me on ignore...
LoneKnight

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:20 pm

I get some amusement out of it. So yes I'm pretty selfish. Sorry if it bothers you but you shouldn't be involved in balance or whatever if you can't take some criticism, or if you can't stand up and defend your decisions. So if you want to walk around maintaining the impression that you're making good meaningful changes, well then stand up and defend your actions.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:11 pm

I made this thread because I used to have interesting duels against martial artists.

But nowdays my fun files is just a punching bag because martial artists will put death touch on everything that might take more than one hit to kill. I really think Death Touch was done wrong. Unless it was created with intent to make tanks pointless against martial artists. Only unit that have a glimmer of chance against death touch is lvl 5 Zagar he is only one that can put up some kind of resistance. And you need ALOT of CURE grimiores and even after, you will have high chance of losing.

I cannot crank out units fast enough to overcome death touch. I probably can if I spam lvl 2s but they don't have enough hp to avoid having whole field oneshot without hitting back.

And death touch is typically cast on units that have 0-40 def or 70 and up hp values. Even if it did 5 damage, it would've been silly anyways because typical solar kingdom lvl 4 units will have 10 defense so the counter won't trigger because it didn't do damage to hp values. Only exception is Star dragon or Bastandora the gundam dragon. Okay I think i see what you meant by that gon. It means Bastandora would've evaded and meteor'd dista in retalation but instead bastandora just gets death touched then melee punched' to death via a single punch.

Dunno why this is necessary to do, Big refess isn''t that fun to play :P

I think I will just have to deal with the fact that Martial artists used to be a 50% win chance is now an auto loss for me if i run solar kingdom.
Callonia

Postby gadu » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:16 am

LoneKnight scared of L2 counters? :o :cry:
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau