Request: Balance Team Defends Errata

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Request: Balance Team Defends Errata

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:25 pm

First off I just want to clarify: I am not trolling here or being sarcastic or a douch in any way. Decisions were made and the errata buffed a lot of cards. There has been a lot of negative feedback to these changes, that the balance team remains mute about. I'm wondering if it is possible to get some conversation going where the people in charge publicly address concerns people have, and describe what the decision making process was like, or what the reasoning behind the buffs was. This is very common in other games such as LoL where the employees are very vocal and interactive about game improvements.

What do you guys think?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Re: Request: Balance Team Defends Errata

Postby Icyglare » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:36 pm

You partially beat me to the punch, I was going to make a topic where I pretend to be apart of the balance team and defend the errata.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:37 pm

I'll support this.

I see how the nerfs affect the files people play. However, I haven't seen much effect on the buffed cards and the files they exist in.
shadowsketch

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:43 pm

In the past I was the main person who seemed to be involved with trying to defend errata decisions to the public and I became a villain because of it. Everyone else seemed to be pretty mute.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:58 pm

I like most of the errata. Of course there is always something I dont like but that's normal. Apparently Orthos used to have belus's engage skill? I saw someone say this few weeks ago i think.

edit: I guess I agree with gon, i'd like to hear stuff lol. Fun to read.
Last edited by Callonia on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callonia

Postby angelspawns » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:05 pm

I couldn't agree more. Just hearing their line of thought, nomatter if i agree or not, is nice to know. We're left with making assumptions. Currently to get a response on some of the more doubtful changes is to state your concerns as provokative as possible. It's childish as hell.
LoL tackles most by giving a detailed review of the changes and elaborate on the reasons why. I know Rom comes to chat to talk, but he hides behind 'not my idea' and 'then don't play it' for most part. Nobody explains why something recieved the kind of buff it got. The silence and avoiding answers to questionable changes leaves you with nothing but doubting their competence. Do they even have an answer, or did they really just do 'whatever'. If it's the latter there's no shame in admitting it and open the dialogue for better ideas. But somehow i gotten the impression Alteil team is miles away from opening up to such conversations. It means the acknowledgement of human error and a drop in the permanent defensive stance Rombag (Romdeau + punchbag) seems to be in .
angelspawns

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:51 pm

angelspawns wrote: I know Rom comes to chat to talk, but he hides behind 'not my idea' and 'then don't play it' for most part.

Something I observed on the former and current balance team was that no errata or balancing decision was anyone's idea unless you praised it, which magically made everyone try to claim the position of sole contributor.

That said I agree with the purpose of the thread, even if it is just to break the awkward silence that was supposedly to-be erased the moment Logress became Alteil's Evil Overlord.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby harvest4god » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Puts down "Folrart Shield Knight"

There I have defended. I will only standby from now on.
harvest4god

Postby Icyglare » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:04 pm

I'm not sure what the initial gripe is about Folrart Shield Knight, what did people really want?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Callonia » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:15 pm

Icyglare wrote:I'm not sure what the initial gripe is about Folrart Shield Knight, what did people really want?

I think it coz awhile ago when people was talking about folrart shield knight they was sorta hoping for him to get a free revive and that it gets its missing stat point back.

Though with that 33% standby ability it turns into a lvl 2 troll tanks to use against people that haven't learned how to play alteil yet. Was funny watching a newbie call my shield knight op.
Callonia

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion