Request: Balance Team Defends Errata

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Request: Balance Team Defends Errata

Postby gadu » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Haha, I was exaggerating, but AS, what would it take for you to put Shield in your file over another meta card?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:03 pm

angelspawns wrote:
Romdeau wrote:if we gave him the free revive trait, we would've had to make him noticeably less tanky-

Why??? Why is 0SP to revive an issue that warrants more stat decreases?

you realize he doesn't know the unit is understated right? that's why
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Postby kirk22 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:26 pm

gadu wrote:Wow, a five card combo. I'm sure you can pull that off all the time.

3 cards. Combat Sorc+Eagle Soldier+Magic Scythe. Thats the combo.

Why do you seem to be so butt hurt over this particular errata?
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby fargone » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Romdeau wrote:I take 1 day break from the forums and apparently I'm taking a respite from what is a heavily impled sexual assault (I recall you having a problem with this concept in gaming culture fargone) and this thread has continued.

I learned the concept of butt-hurt in this forum. I never realised it was related to sexual assault.

Please don't gun me down.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Romdeau » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:43 pm

Can we stop with the name calling? Like seriously, it's unwarranted.
Romdeau

Postby fargone » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:48 pm

Romdeau wrote:Can we stop with the name calling? Like seriously, it's unwarranted.

But... I didn't call you any names?

I was merely defending my earlier comment.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby gadu » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:30 pm

kirk22 wrote:
gadu wrote:Wow, a five card combo. I'm sure you can pull that off all the time.

3 cards. Combat Sorc+Eagle Soldier+Magic Scythe. Thats the combo.

Why do you seem to be so butt hurt over this particular errata?

That +2 AGI guy was pretty important to your file and you need Owl if you plan on spendng 2 SP repeatedly. Nitro's system is better, but is it better than traditional WK variants? Regardless, three cards is too much. Angelspawn had an awesome three card combo with Toro, Rasfel, and a warrior but he found out quick that three card combos can easily fail against good files.

The errata had very little effect on the meta and some good cards I like were made not good.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Icyglare » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:32 am

angelspawns wrote:Play for his main goal? The one that didn't see enough play because cem removal is just a situational advantagious tech, and he serves little purpose otherwise?.. I can't quite follow the thoughtprocess here. I do know this random engage Skill is so niche to trigger it's not going to be used more then before because of it. I will let the Data back me up on this logical conclusion. This buff will go down in Alteil history as insignificant. (improvement suggestions can be found in earlier post) Do you disagree?

Of course I disagree, putting Orthos in a file not relating to cemetery removal is as good as putting Delrare in a Wizard Kingdom file. Units are not always built to be universally effective.

When you're noting FSF stats it's also noteworthy it already gotten 1 less statpoint penalty, just for having the points on HP and Def in SolarKingdom. Yet you don't see lvl2's attackers with 40Atk get a statpoint penalty "just because it has the highest Atk as Lvl2 in a Duchy of Crest tribe", right? Right. We call this a bias. Bias towards tanking strategies. This is a well known fact about the balanceteam you once again confirm here.

Yes, I will confirm that there is a bias against units that has built-in DEF stats that are higher than normal for their level. It's the only LV2 with 10 DEF right off the bat while having subtype Solar Kingdom. We also discriminated against Brave, Kafhar, Fierte, Giant Ancient Tortoise, Noze, Chaos Zalzagul, Granverion.

For FSF, grim-immunity is not really an answer. Usually Falkow's next move when they see FSF is to drop down an owl.

For LV2 free revive for Refess, there has always been Verlaat (but it's 5* I know) but even then, people don't use it for first turn play because if they need some unit to be death fodder, they'll rather use Refugee Citizens instead.

GonFreeces31 wrote:Let's phrase it like this:
A) Is it a good thing or a bad thing to include cards in Refess that remove cards from opponent's graveyard?
B) Is it ever useful to do A?
C) If you said no to B, is there design space to create powerful interactions and combos based off cem effects (i.e., Orthos + Dub Rido)?
D) If you said no to C, what would be a powerful enough interaction to make Orthos worth using?

Yes to A, other than the off chance that you're going against cemetery retrieval (undeads, True Retear, Dub, Solar Alphonce, etc) or cards that make use of cemetery (Alphonce, Ex Zug) it is useful if you are playing a file where cemetery cards would normally would have been mutually beneficial but instead is just benefiting you (Miff SS(both versions), Bule). I don't entirely recommend Orthos+Dub Rido, it looks silly to see Dub beat up a dog repeately. Dub "Michael Vick" Rido
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Jazzock » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:54 am

The +2agi guy didnt do anything except make sure the file went before the opponent... Combat sorc does the attack boost before him. Anyway, on the topic of card combos, I personally like combos. Most good files seem to consist of multiple smaller card combos that have a bigger effect together.

It seems like the meta has changed quite a bit though, haven't seen any augs/buncles or mystere. seeing more HKL and gowen now funnily enough. And ofc more WK :lol:
Self proclaimed user of weirdness, one of the few crazy people to actually use a pure sorceress file...

Jazzock

Postby Ropey » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:41 am

Imagine you didn't have such a large card pool and played for free. Would the seemingly minor errata have a greater effect?

A lot on the changes especially those for Refess seemed logical and like they should have been there from the start.

I'm only really going to comment on the cards I use. Fire dragons +1 agi translates as quite a buff when you consider you can up this with the addition of a rider and the damage bonus was icing on the cake. Earth dragon had it's damage effectively reduced and I'm not sure that it needed it as you can again improve it with a rider. I'm gonna miss it's double attack. Folfenac has been changed from a good assassin open into a suicidal end card. It's other skill seems irrelevant. I can see it being used in big Lawtia as kind of grim you have no fear of being baned. I thought both EX Lelein and Noirweiden had good changes.

I've been playing with Efreet quite a bit and I found it a good example of how an errata should effect a card. Well done on that one.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion