Invite a friend - Mentor Program

Ongoing Promotions and Events

Invite a friend - Mentor Program

Postby Logress » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:27 am

We've wanted to have one of these for a while, but it was difficult to figure out the optimal way to do it. Finally, I decided to go for it and put up a month-long mentor program, so I can see how it goes and if it's worth doing something like it on a more permanent basis -- maybe with different rules, maybe with the same.

The basic idea is this, if you (as an Alteil player with some experience) decide to mentor a new player OR invite a friend (and mentor them or just let them fend for themselves and hope), you will get 20 Point cards and your student/new user gets 30 Point cards. Prizes are awarded once the student accumulates 20 wins in Crest or Folrart.

Rules:

You can not be both a mentor and a student at the same time - but if you were a student and complete your 20 wins, you may then take on a student/new player of your own.

Students/new users can not be alts of any mentor or any player over level 15.

You can only be a student of one other player, and you can only be a student once.

As a Mentor, you may have as many students/new players as you want, at once.

The Student's/New player's 20 wins in Crest or Folrart must be legitimate. If we have reason to believe that battle is not legitimate, we will not count it. To be safe, assume very short battles don't count, or get a few extra.

The Student/New Player account must have a registration date on or after FEBRUARY 4TH.

To claim your prize EITHER the Student/New Player OR the Mentor needs to email me at logress@apocoplay.com or PM me on the forums after the 20+ wins are accumulated.

If we have reason to believe you are cheating, you will be removed from the Mentor program and other site events until your account is returned to good standing.

We reserve the right to add additional rules to prevent cheating or exploitation of this system.

This promotion will be in effect until APRIL 8TH.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Re: Invite a friend - Mentor Program

Postby sgtsagara » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Maybe I am having a brain dead moment, but I have a couple of questions:

1) How do you officially become a student or a mentor? Since you can only be a student of one other player how do mentors know their student is officially their student? Do the student/mentor simply need to have each other on their friends list?

2) To be a mentor/student do you need to invite someone new to your friends list? Or will a player qualify to be a student/mentor who was already on your friends list prior to this event?

Thanks
sgtsagara

Postby Logress » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:27 pm

To keep the bookeeping to a minimum, and to encourage participation, you don't need to register, all you need to do is send an email after the 20 wins are achieved. So yes, if you convince a newbie who already has 20 wins to take you as a mentor you can just get point cards right away, in theory. But chances are you won't be so lucky... your best bet will probably to find newbies in chat or invite them to the game.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby hexagram » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:02 pm

Logress wrote:To keep the bookeeping to a minimum, and to encourage participation, you don't need to register, all you need to do is send an email after the 20 wins are achieved. So yes, if you convince a newbie who already has 20 wins to take you as a mentor you can just get point cards right away, in theory. But chances are you won't be so lucky... your best bet will probably to find newbies in chat or invite them to the game.

No point for the new user not to do this as they get 30 pt cards. Just difficult to talk to new users unless they pop in to folrart.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby gabotheplaya » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:38 am

Lets post the likely biggest exploit here so that we can get it out of the way...

Collusion.

Player X and Player Y agree to farm eachother.

They both make a lowbie alt, each a a mentee to the other mentor.

Farm 20 PC per alt. Add more colluding parties for complexity.

I can say i've mentored no less than a dozen lowbies, all of which i've only met in folart (hence above lvl 15). I'm not gonna ask any compensation for that, but i just wonder how many of them have left the game already (and are still on my buddy list)... so fake accounts dropping out won't really be a big thing.

P.S.

Best way to get mentees would be to make a lowbie alt and recruit from there, with actual matches. This is a hidden benefit as it keeps Crest alive as opposed to forcing players into folart. Please note that this could also be the hub where collusion begins.

P.P.S

Mentees > apprentices.
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Icyglare » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:16 am

You probably can get away with ^ once but 2nd times will raise red flags, especially if the previous students just seem to drop off after the pt cards. If you're gonna cheat the system, it's going to require a bit of work and time.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby hexagram » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:16 am

I propose people actually invite friends and use the system noramally or meet up new users and strike a deal normally.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby kirk22 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:39 am

hexagram wrote:I propose people actually invite friends and use the system noramally or meet up new users and strike a deal normally.

As I told Rom in chat, I like my friends to much to recommend this game in its current state.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby angelspawns » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:39 pm

Something like this should really be implemented and advertised into the game itself. Have a chatroom for recruiting, and a button redirecting new players to that chat to meet a 'mentor'.

This does look very familiar to a suggestion i made, called "Take an apprentice". A means to connect new players + vets, and give incentive through the achievement system.

I had some free time to spare, so i put down the very "basics" of this game. Perhaps any of the real mentors want to use it as a spreadsheet to help guide their newbs.
angelspawns

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:01 pm

On a small side note. Naruto Arena has 1200++ players online and that's not the max and it's a simple flash game.

Soul arena (the bleach version) has around 100, which still tops alteil by far.

And you know why? Because this game sucks and there is nothing done to improve it. Glad we got spending events, which is the last thing we need and we also have "play in the same old boring 1v1 meta arena with occasional return bs" events, which is utterly dull!
Alteil jp has a more decent playerbase tho and yea, like it or not, the grass was always greener over there. Still is. Thumbs up to them.
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking

Next

Return to Crest Courtyard