Errata Timestop+Rasam/Galderia+Lightning Wyvern

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Errata Timestop+Rasam/Galderia+Lightning Wyvern

Postby skillll7 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:58 am

Rom, you're a hero :cry:
Cute dog too cute...
User avatar
skillll7
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: Errata Timestop+Rasam/Galderia+Lightning Wyvern

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:52 am

If this nerf would result in a Mikasha buff, then I am all for it!
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9322
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Errata Timestop+Rasam/Galderia+Lightning Wyvern

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:02 pm

Icyman2 wrote:If anyone is wondering why exactly there has been a lot of augments and big red (and also big refess) in folrart lately, perhaps it is to counter falkow. Perhaps falkow is still the big A strategy that is not only dominant, but also restrictive upon the all the timmy cards from being played, driving timmy players into spike players. Perhaps augments and 3x overdose is the B strategy which isn't as strong but counters strategy A, that people hate enough to all move to strategy B. Of course there exists a strategy C (mid refess) that is good against strategy B (augments) but dies to strategy A (falkow). I'm using augments and mid refess because anyone who received free set 11 has those cards. The fact that people would rather play strategy B (not strategy C which should be better in a strategy B dominant folrart arena) says something about the hatred felt to strategy A. In a successful game, a dominant strategy A can be achieved without the frustrations felt at not being able to do anything against it. Anyone who has played a non-aggressive character-based fun file has faced volfied and been locked out the entire match, unable to do anything. Stop playing characters I guess. Elite fencer? Start playing agi 3 I guess. Ex Mermaid? Start playing units with cheap good skills only I guess. Timestop+Rasam and Galderia+Lightning? I guess just quit this game altogether.

I disagree, inconclusive cause and effect. I've played both files and I tend to win more with augments than with mid refess on average (though I have to admit my augment file is more complete with rares like annarose, while I'm missing some important mid refess cards like judie). Additionally I enjoy playing augments more than mid refess, others may also feel that way. Both are potential reasons for seeing more augments over mid refess that has nothing to do with falkow. Far more important though, mid refess is weak against plenty of files from other spheres that are more commonly seen in folrart that the falkow files you claim are decreasing their numbers. A big culprit would currently be carbuncles, though there are plenty of others including CMD dolls, shrine knights and orks (my idea of counters is biased on watching folrart matches and personal expierence). Buncles are probably more commonly seen than falkow files, at least last time I actively played (haven't been playing much this month). Why worry about an uncommon counter file like big falkow or dion control when your chance of facing buncles is a lot larger :?

Icyman2 wrote:If we really want to drive this game forward, we need to push out more rares like prenerf 5* dilate which although was powerful, could be outrushed and killed with some strategic modification, modification which by the way is good and necessary for the development of the players.

:twisted: Brooklyn rage time :twisted:
Tell that to my gowen UD files. It was a massecre :x When one card kills your entire file... yeah great games that'll give you. Add in prenerf emena+mystere, gowen/falk sp gen that was designed before moxies allowed for rushing it, engage SS, etc and it was just generally unfun to play against. I don't encourage pushing out cards like dilate and emana, they weren't balanced properly (though yeah, balancing is hard, especially with a small test team and little time). Emana Powercreeped pre nerf elite fencer, that alone should say enough about why it shouldn't have been released that way. Dilate did too much for one unit and generally overpowered other level 4 gowen units. Our card file is fixed before we know what we face, we can not have a great deal of strategic modicication to help against one specific file without forfeiting our winning chances against others. Additionally prenerf dilate control had a close to 100% win rate against a large ammount of low power files.I do not want a folrart where you autometically lose when not playing meta files or direct counters to meta files.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
User avatar
WhiteDragon2
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:07 am

Re: Errata Timestop+Rasam/Galderia+Lightning Wyvern

Postby hexagram » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:31 pm

They buffed the lvl 9 emperor pretty well so it no longer returns lvl1s on open so big blue more viable.
Image

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: Errata Timestop+Rasam/Galderia+Lightning Wyvern

Postby Romdeau » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:48 am

hexagram wrote:They buffed the lvl 9 emperor pretty well so it no longer returns lvl1s on open so big blue more viable.

It's not only viable, if you have the right cards and the patience, I think Big Blue is one of the strongest files in the game.
User avatar
Romdeau
 
Posts: 7417
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: Errata Timestop+Rasam/Galderia+Lightning Wyvern

Postby ForgotPassNotWorking » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:06 am

Icyman2 wrote:It hasn't changed for more than a week now because people have lost interest in the game and aren't playing anymore. Perhaps due to crap like the above.
My argument was that the combos I listed wins vs any rush or mids file. That's a significant part of the game. I think the fact that these combos have been unrealized so far is due to probably gon's pestering of how weak galderia is or maybe how ruuca completely outshadowed rasam for a good part of the game.

I agree with this.

I can't be bothered to login at all. Wtf for?
I like Alteil a lot! Alteil is awesome! HAHAHAHA
ForgotPassNotWorking
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Errata Timestop+Rasam/Galderia+Lightning Wyvern

Postby gadu » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Romdeau wrote:It's not only viable, if you have the right cards and the patience, I think Big Blue is one of the strongest files in the game.


Show us the replays False One ;th2
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
Image
User avatar
gadu
 
Posts: 2393
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Errata Timestop+Rasam/Galderia+Lightning Wyvern

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:59 pm

I can attest to the fact that the Legyre buff is actually a very strong buff. Actually, I would classify it as an extremely strong buff. I'd encourage anyone who has that card to try him out now.
The True Hero / Callonia
User avatar
GonFreeces31
 
Posts: 9322
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Errata Timestop+Rasam/Galderia+Lightning Wyvern

Postby Callonia » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:33 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:I can attest to the fact that the Legyre buff is actually a very strong buff. Actually, I would classify it as an extremely strong buff. I'd encourage anyone who has that card to try him out now.


Yeah its a strong buff. Before in the past I usually had to gamble on 50% chance of returning a lvl 6 and up units or returning dat salamander or shade. But legyre only returned that salamander once while returning the higher lvls most of the time for me anyways.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4791
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests

cron