Chat trouble.

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Chat trouble.

Postby kirk22 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:35 am

I can't log in into the chat. It either comes up with as a server error or on a log in screen with this text:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at AlteilDAL.AlteilDAL.GetIczerFromGUID(String guid, Boolean deleteRecord) in c:\Users\Apocoplay\Documents\GitHub\AlteilCore\Core\AlteilDAL\AlteilDAL.cs:line 33 at AlteilBO.Retrieval.IczerBO.GetIczerByGUID(String guid, Boolean deleteRecord) in c:\Users\Apocoplay\Documents\GitHub\AlteilCore\Core\AlteilBO\Retrieval\IczerBO.cs:line 25 at JabbR.Nancy.AccountModule.<>c__DisplayClass37.<.ctor>b__25(Object param)

Also, I noticed that if you use the chat button under that Game tab, it brings up the old chat.
ImageImage
kirk22

Re: Chat trouble.

Postby Aoi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:32 am

Same problem here.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby kirk22 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Whatever the issue is. The text that accompanies the login screen is growing.

System.Data.EntityException: The underlying provider failed on Open. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.) ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection) at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.OpenStoreConnectionIf(Boolean openCondition, DbConnection storeConnectionToOpen, DbConnection originalConnection, String exceptionCode, String attemptedOperation, Boolean& closeStoreConnectionOnFailure) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.OpenStoreConnectionIf(Boolean openCondition, DbConnection storeConnectionToOpen, DbConnection originalConnection, String exceptionCode, String attemptedOperation, Boolean& closeStoreConnectionOnFailure) at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.Open() at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.EnsureConnection() at System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.GetResults(Nullable`1 forMergeOption) at System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator() at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at System.Linq.Queryable.Any[TSource](IQueryable`1 source, Expression`1 predicate) at JabbR.Services.MembershipService.UserExists(String userName) at JabbR.Services.MembershipService.EnsureUserNameIsAvailable(String userName) at JabbR.Services.MembershipService.AddUser(String userName, String email, String password) at JabbR.Nancy.AccountModule.<>c__DisplayClass37.<.ctor>b__25(Object param)

I probably should have mentioned before that you can't login even when prompted to do so.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby Anima13 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:39 pm

maybe its releated: this morning when I logged in, the chat system was calling me Vahallan (or something like that). I had to completly log out of the game so that it recognized me as me again.
Anima13

Postby AquasFire3 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:26 pm

yea i noticed that to.Are we back to old alteil chat?
AquasFire3

Postby NitroDino » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:33 pm

QQ shiny chat gone.
NitroDino

Postby Romdeau » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:30 pm

OK thanks for the reports guys, passing word along to the right guys so they can fix this ASAP.
Romdeau

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:05 pm

Anima13 wrote:maybe its releated: this morning when I logged in, the chat system was calling me Vahallan (or something like that). I had to completly log out of the game so that it recognized me as me again.

Similiar issue; when I logged in this evening I was under a different account name in the chat (shadowsketch), complete with his note and flag.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Logress » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Everything should by happy now.
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby Shirozaki » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:19 am

Nooot exactly, as has been pointed out a few times again, the chat may or may not roll you into another identity, and I THINK I got...Oh well.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Next

Return to Fellana's Laboratory